It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Event Into space. Missing militairy Satelite???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Event Into space. Missing militairy Satelite???

hisz.rsoe.hu

Look at the event in the Atlantic ocean on this world Event map. Missing Satelite? and why damage level 5? It evolves a militairy satelite, so I was thinking... those are made for miitairy purposes like defence or observations perhaps. What is it doing in the atlantic ocean right now.....
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
hisz.rsoe.hu
edit on 1-2-2011 by indunedain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Look at the detaills on the event in the Atlantic ocean.. Missing Satelite? and why damage level 5? what does this mean? If there is a Militairy satelite missing... those things are for defense right? Or they are made for militairy observations perhaps? So I was thinking.... what is it doing in the atlantic ocean right now?

hisz.rsoe.hu
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by indunedain

The Russians lost a satellite. I think the damage level is 0 not 5.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

Russia's top military and space official launched a search Tuesday for a missing military satellite that apparently was put into the wrong orbit shortly after its launch. The Russian defence ministry confirmed that it had lost sight of the craft -- a dual-use vessel that can draw a three-dimensional map of the Earth and locate the precise positions of various targets. The incident came just a month after President Dmitry Medvedev sacked two top space officials for a similar setback and delivered another humiliating blow to Russia's much-maligned space industry. The seriousness of the situation was underscored late Tuesday by reports that the defence ministry had set up an urgent joint task force with the Russia's space agency to look for the missing craft. The Geo-IK-2 satellite was created in Russia to help the military survey land and create a detailed three-dimensional map of the Earth. It was designed to spin in a circular orbit 1,000 kilometres (600 miles) above ground. But news reports said that the satellite had been put in an an elliptical orbit whose lowest point brought it to within 330 kilometres of Earth. "We have still not been able to establish contact with the craft, and it looks like most likely, it will be declared lost," a Russian space source said. "The spacecraft will not be able to perform its intended functions at these orbit characteristics," another space official told the news agency. Reports pointed the initial blame for the failure on the satellite's Briz-KM upper stage rocket. The satellite's launch had already been delayed from December because of technical malfunctions that were detected at its northern Russian launch site in Plesetsk. Tuesday's malfunction came less than five weeks after Medvedev fired two top space officials and reprimanded the space agency chief for a launch failure caused Russia to delay the deployment of its own navigation system. Russia's Proton-M rocket had on that occasion proven too heavy to reach its initial orbit and had been forced to dump its three high-tech Glonass-M satellites near the Hawaii Islands. Investigators said that accident was caused by a basic fuel miscalculation that made the craft too heavy to reach its required height. The three Glonass satellites would have completed a system whose research had been started by the Soviet Union in 1976.

edit on 2/1/2011 by Erasurehead because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Russia Reportedly Loses Military Satellite

Russia has ordered a search for a missing military satellite that apparently was put into the wrong orbit shortly after launch today.

www.rferl.org...
www.myfoxchicago.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Here is a bit more...

Russia has ordered a search for a missing military satellite that apparently was put into the wrong orbit shortly after launch today.

Russian news agencies say the defense ministry and the Russian space agency have set up a joint task force to look for the missing craft. There was no independent confirmation of the report.

The Geo-IK-2 satellite was intended to help the military survey land and to produce a detailed three-dimensional map of the earth.

The incident comes a month after President Dmitry Medvedev sacked two top space officials for a similar setback and delivered another humiliating blow to Russia's space industry.

Russia Reportedly Loses Military Satellite

Hopefully no cause for alarm.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

That's a cool link you posted. I never saw that before. There is a biohazard reported in Arkansas. More dead fish in the Arkansas river.

Very interesting stuff. Thanks for posting.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
I think the damage level is 0 not 5.

You're right, the blocks are coloured in to represent the damage level.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Clearly huge damage to it - suggests it bumped into something it didn't expect.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Its on the local news here! they are really missing a satelite!. can these things even crash? We had the best luck on the mainland..that it crashed in the seas!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead

That's a cool link you posted. I never saw that before. There is a biohazard reported in Arkansas. More dead fish in the Arkansas river.

Very interesting stuff. Thanks for posting.

Tnx! The map is live updating all the time, so you won't have to refresh it
you can also see the cyclone heading for Australia . That's a major happening there.. how much can they take?
But it is still weird. How can you miss a Satelite? Missing my wallet,, okay... but a whole Satelite ?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Oh so thats what it was, last week or the week before, ATS members were trying to figure out what it could be.
All it was saying was event in space or something like that.
glad they told us what it was.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
solar flare?

perhaps?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Is it common for that site to have a large amount of disasters and emergencies?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I never heard of something like that, a missing satelite. But I think it is not a coincidence that it involves a Militairy Satelite from Russia. Maybe it has something to do with the Clinton Mass Meeting.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by youthsavior
Is it common for that site to have a large amount of disasters and emergencies?

No not that much. The site is also showing the Earthquakes, vulcanos and such. But I think there are a lot of activities at Australia right now, Its a monster cyclone.. Some weird things are going on everywhere.:S

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Hi, it's Australia, not Austria. Austria is part of Europe. Australia is a continent on its own.

Regards

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
It is very common to see that many disasters and emergencies. some times more, sometimes less.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

Hi, it's Australia, not Austria. Austria is part of Europe. Australia is a continent on its own.

Regards

Yes your right!
I eddited the post. English is not my native language, but I will do the best I can with the writing.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Is that a picture of you? if so, you have nice eyes but i hope your not covering your teeth. sorry off topic

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by indunedain
Missing my wallet,, okay... but a whole Satelite ?

Well you have just GOT to remember where ya parked it

Stuff falls out of the sky all the time, but most burns up

But not always

Texas

Australia 27 Mar 2008

Goiás, Brazil 24th Mar, 2008

Seems Chicken Little was RIGHT

edit on 1-2-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join