It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Chechnya's Acting President Targeted in Bombing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Sergei Abramov, the acting president of Chechnya, was targeted in a roadside bomb that exploded as his motorcade drove past. Although the Chechen president was unharmed in the blast, one of his bodyguards was killed, and three other members of his security team were injured.

www.usatoday.com
VLADIKAVKAZ (AP) � An explosion hit the motorcade of Chechnya's acting president on Tuesday, the Interfax news agency reported. Sergei Abramov was unhurt but other casualties were reported.

Chechnya's acting president escaped injury in the Chechen capital Tuesday when an explosion hit his motorcade, but one person was killed and three were wounded, officials and news reports said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Chechnya's previous president, Akhmad Kadyrov, was assassinated this May, and the country remains in an unstable condition. Interfax is reporting that 42 people were killed in fighting yesterday, and another 7 were abducted and remain missing. The ongoing resistance by the Chechen rebels continues to be an embarrassment to the Russian government.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I for one am in favor of Chechnya, they have been at constant war since separation from the USSR. And I'm all for resisting the Soviets, I would even be willing to offer support if it gets me a chance to stick it to a commie.

That's just me though, no offence meant to those of an opposite persuasion.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
And I'm all for resisting the Soviets, I would even be willing to offer support if it gets me a chance to stick it to a commie.

I'm afraid to inform you that the USSR no longer exists, and that there are no more commies there to whom you may stick it. Sorry to burst your bubble...

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Although the USSR no longer exists, there is still an active communist party in Russia.

[edit on 13-7-2004 by Auric]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
True, friend. I guess I should have said "opposing Russia does not necessarily mean sticking it to any Commies now-a-days."

new topics

top topics

join