It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Army - An inspiration to us All

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
There have already been posts about the Egyptian Army stating that they will not fire on their own people:
Above Top Secret 1
Above Top Secret 2

These are two very good links that seem to go nowhere

Why are we not celebrating the fact that the Egyptian army, unlike the Chinese Army [Tianaman Square], or and it pains me to say this, the British Army [Sunday Bloody Sunday] have not opened fire on their own people?

I do find that this is a much bigger conspiracy where we [every human being] wants to wallow in negativity that is pumped from news channels and papers. Just look at your news now - how much [percentage] is uplifting and how much is negative?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I think the way the people of Egypt have handled themselves during all this, with the exception of a few, has been really inspirational.

The Army has done a great job protecting the people and Egyptian history which is priceless and benefits the world.

Last night on the news I watched while ordinary citizens swept the streets, because "It's our country". Very impressive!

I pray the people continue to conduct themselve in this exemplary way.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Reply to post by Iamschist

No kidding. I doubt a movement like this in America would play out even half as impressive as the Egyptians have done.

Sad, really.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
You guys are correct.

I just pray that they don't get the revolution they want, only to find they have replaced a single dictator by a group of revolutionary dictators (see French Revolution or Iran, for instance).

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I have had metaphorical conversations in the past in which we discussed what if's involving revolution in the US.... The question was would the Military fire on the people. I have always said no... They would not...

When it comes down to it, and when the people are so fed up that they are revolting in order to get a new government, the military will protect it's people...

This situation in Egypt is not the first time that an Army refused to fire on it's own people.... Think of the fall of the Soviet Union.... They refused as well...

I have faith, that when it comes down to it..... Armies around the world, would do just as the Egyptian Army has done.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Thats great to hear, it seems like the protesters are safer with the military than they are with the police.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Honestly, I am 50/50 on our armed forces.

I just do not know what to think.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

join