It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ultimate Test of Humankind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
In today's looney tooney world, with most everyone having an absolute opinion on almost everything and everyone they encounter, I pose a question.

Can you go 1 day (24 hours) without casting judgement of any kind?

Just one day...

Ask yourself the question. It's an important one. Do you have the capability of just accepting everything and everyone as they are (including yourself)?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Good question. another thing to do is to try and imagine what its like being that person that your looking at and thinking how they feel.

But in the uk here everyone seems to be looking at you with a problem or for an ego boost

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Tapped In

Good question, the problem is that people are like what you say, thats why i avoid them, casting there rubbish judgements on people.

Its called life with humans on earth.

Also the way i deal with it, is never look at anyone, and this way you just get on with your own thing. The world is full of people full of it, and they just just get on with there own existence. The world would be better if people just did there own thing without having to interact with others all the time.
edit on 2/1/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I don't think that I could go for 24 hrs without passing judgment. At least not without making the conscious effort to avoid it. I find that I am most judgmental of people when I feel they are being hypocritical which, unfortunately, I seem to feel often.

I am not judging the following person for their opinion, btw, I just want to reflect on something else.

Originally posted by andy1033
The world would be better if people just did there own thing without having to interact with others all the time.

People already do that and I don't think it works towards the benefit of humanity. Actually, being completely self-involved and self-centered is the norm for most of the people, IMO, the world would be better if we could all just put aside all the BS that makes us different and realize we are all ONE.
edit on 1/2/2011 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by pkpuck

I live in New York... Everyone has a definitive opinion here!

I love the idea of stepping into everyone else's shoes as you encounter them as well. That's also a very difficult task.
edit on 1-2-2011 by Tapped In because: Grammar

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tapped In
In today's looney tooney world, with most everyone having an absolute opinion on almost everything and everyone they encounter, I pose a question.

Just one day...

Ask yourself the question. It's an important one. Do you have the capability of just accepting everything and everyone as they are (including yourself)?

Of course, its easy actually. Work on a hobbies, spend time with family, go to a part. When I'm doing these things its easy not to lay judgment or even thing on that level. However, at work, at the store, on the road. That's where the challenge for lye's. But I've done it, and it can be done.

However, casting judgment on someone can be vague at best. I create an opinion about someone based on their actions. If this is a negative opinion and I disagree with they way they are or do not understand why the act a certain way, I try and remember that, people are people and they can be whoever they want to be. Whether or not this falls in the category of judgment, I do not know. Although I would like to freak out and tell someone how wrong they are, I refrain and use self control, because I know that it wrong ...

Its not just possible, many of us do it everyday ... I don't have to like you, but I can accept you. Make sense ?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Just one day...

I love you my friend. The only judgement I can't help but cast.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

The world would be better if people just did there own thing without having to interact with others all the time.
edit on 2/1/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

I agree to an extent... Without any interaction, there is no life to live. No matter what or who we are, we MUST interact with everything else on our plane of existence.

It's what you do while interacting that matters... IMO

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

Very well put! Thanks for your response...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I may try this tomorrow. I find the worst judgements are made whilst watching television. If I turn off the TV for the day I could definitely give it a shot!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Its not just possible, many of us do it everyday ... I don't have to like you, but I can accept you. Make sense ?

Of course... It's exactly the point. Glad there are people like you around. And thanks for finding the loophole...

If you spend your day completely zoned on project or hobby, it can be done... but who works all 24hrs of the day? There is a lot of in-between time there.

THANKS!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

As humans beings, we are destined to make judgements about every aspect of our lives. You cannot cross the street without making a judgement. Yes, that isn't about people, so it illustrates my point exactly.

An individual may try to be that way, but that old hippy philosophy is flawed and din't last long. It doesn't work in broad scale culture and society. It could not. Do you not, should you not, judge a spouse before you decide to wed? A boss is incredibly mean to his workers. Do you shrug and say. "That's OK if he wants to be that way. A known mass murder moves next door to you what do you do?

It sounds like an appreciable goal, but it won't work. I suggest than anyone espousing such a view has their own problems that require that "safe" exclusion for their own actions or that they are totally naive.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I love you my friend. The only judgement I can't help but cast.

With Love,

Your Brother

Awesome... I love you too brother.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
I may try this tomorrow. I find the worst judgements are made whilst watching television. If I turn off the TV for the day I could definitely give it a shot!

That's great! I'll send you all the positive energy you need...

Any day without TV is a good start!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Thanks for finding another loophole! One thing... This isn't a Hippy philosophy.

It's called following the Tao.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
i think were only in this mess of judgement because weve been conditioned and brainwashed, wheather you believe it or not, into thinking were all individual unique beings and weve forgotten that we all have to operate as one to progress and succeed. This has not been occuring, why? because of the mass media control. simple?

I dont think you would have the same problem of judgement in a country like africa. they have no big superstars and fancy gadgets to tell them how to act and give them ego boosts.
Anyone on this way of thinking?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by pkpuck
i think were only in this mess of judgement because weve been conditioned and brainwashed, wheather you believe it or not, into thinking were all individual unique beings and weve forgotten that we all have to operate as one to progress and succeed. This has not been occuring, why? because of the mass media control. simple?

I dont think you would have the same problem of judgement in a country like africa. they have no big superstars and fancy gadgets to tell them how to act and give them ego boosts.
Anyone on this way of thinking?

I can see your line of thinking, but you forgot about local cultures, traditions and belief systems.

Now if we can start a community at a base level and teach how to live without judgement, we have a chance...

Thanks!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Now if we can start a community at a base level and teach how to live without judgement, we have a chance...

Thanks!

How to live without judgement.

First one has to recognise that the world of judgement they have built up around themselves is for one purpose, to protect that extremely delicate loving soul that resides within them. It is the most precious gift from God which is the source of all thought, all inspiration, all love and it is injured very easily. Before you were even able to walk it had already been scared and built defense around it. It has stopped expressing itself freely and instead expresses itself when mommy is ready, or when daddy is not watching the game, or when the sibling isn't busy expressing itself. Yes, even before a language has been learned to convey the pain to another, the walls are being built around this delicate soul.

As you grow older you build more and more defense to protect this loving being of light. You shy from those things which bring it pain, and rejoice at those things which pleasure it. It is this cycle that will make you the judgemental construct you will become. No one can blame you. You came into this world looking for other loving beings and found an alien planet inhabited by others who are suffering themselves. There defenses and judgements are years ahead of yours and they want nothing more than to make you as cold and bitter as they have become. They feel it is their duty you know. They hope to make you strong, strong enough to survive this hostile planet.

Little do they know, they have it all wrong. To right the world one needs to be strong, strong enough to endure the pain that others might throw at them. Strong enough to love without judgement. Strong enough to remind the world that within them is that pure being of light who yearns to be free of its prison...

To love is to heal.

Do not judge my friend. Be strong and love.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 1-2-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

top topics

join