It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skull & Bones - Influence on Society

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I've been doing a lot of research on the Skull & Bones secret society lately, inspired by Echo's thread here, and it has begun to intrigue me.

What is fascinating is the connections between political figures and the society, not to mention the effect which those connections have caused. For example, favoritism within the society. People in powerful and influencial positions who are connected to the Skull and Bones, will in turn consider decisions they make based on ensuring the benefit of members is in place.

Why do we have a President who is actively involved in such a secret society? Not to mention the fact that John Kerry is also involved with the Skull and Bones. It amazes me how the public can be so niave.

Check out the links I have provided below. You will be amazed at what you will learn...

John Kerry/George Bush + Skull & Bones
Skull and Bones at Yale
Skull & Bones = World Domination
Roster
1977 Article
Metareligion (Very Good Website!)

Those are just a few links out of the endless amount of web pages that I have found regarding this topic.

Mr. M

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Also, some more good links here:

Metareligion
Parascope
"The Book" She is fine, by the way!!!
-------------------------
Tons of Links

Mr. M

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Personally, I think all this worry about Skull and Bones is naive at best. It is not truthful to state that either Bush or Kerry are "actively" involved in the organization. The frat's active membership consists only of seniors at Yale University; the fact that both are alumni, IMO, is completely irrelevant.

Secondly, it is also naive to point to a couple of Bonesman in government as proof of an organizational conspiracy. We could also point out many members of Congress who were Boy Scouts, or who played on YMCA T-Ball teams. The premisses that some Bonesman have attained political power do not logically support a conclusion that the fraternity influences government.

Instead of conspiracy theorists freaking out about college societies, what we really need is people to begin to use their reason, and be informed of the real issues. Only then can we secure any real change, and begin a pilgrimage to prosperity.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The reason for all the "freaking out" is because the boy scouts don't insist on keeping membership hush hush. Anything secretive in nature will naturally raise suspicion.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by oconnection
The reason for all the "freaking out" is because the boy scouts don't insist on keeping membership hush hush.

Neither do Skull and Bones. Bush mentioned his membership in his autobiography, and Kerry confirmed his membership on an appearance on "Meet The Press With Tim Russert." Aside from this, all members of Skull and Bones have their membership published by Yale University on their official transcripts as extracurricular fraternal activities. The charge that they keep their membership "hush hush" is misleading.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Perhaps, but when a S&B members are asked about there membership how often do you see Mr. Bush or Mr. Kerry openly talking about there membership?

Here are two fine examples of what I'm talking about. Please don't let the site it's hosted from cause you to through out what I'm saying.

Bush asked about S&B
www.prisonplanet.com...

Along with a source from MSNBC which includes the Kerry question (click on the "launch button) this video I think gives a good summery of the S&B dilemma:
msnbc.msn.com...

So what do both of those videos show us? That S&B really isn't what the conspiracy theorists are ranting & raving about? If so then why are they unwilling to talk about it?

[edit on 13-7-2004 by oconnection]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   

That S&B really isn't what the conspiracy theorists are ranting & raving about? If so then why are they unwilling to talk about it?

Fraternities and sororities require that pledges take an oath of secrecy before being admitted; this, at least, is far from secret, and is well known to everyone who has researched fraternal orders and Greek Letter Societies.
It's not that Bonesmen or Masons or Sigma Chi's or whatever keep their memberships secret, but is a case of their respective members remaining true to the vows they took as pledges. The secrets of the various fraternities and sororities concern their members only, and are frankly none of the general public's business. Only those who travel the same paths of those who went before them have earned the right to these societies' esoterica.

Fiat Lvx.

[edit on 13-7-2004 by Masonic Light]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Fraternities and sororities require that pledges take an oath of secrecy before being admitted; this, at least, is far from secret, and is well known to everyone who has researched fraternal orders and Greek Letter Societies.

it's possible too, that people get tired of having what they consider "sacred" mocked & having everyone & their third cousin having an opinion on everything.

there is a big difference between sacred & secret

[edit on 04-08-2004 by ladyspiritguide]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 04:05 AM
link   
So what are you all saying? That the Skull and Bones society is merely a "normal" fraternity? Please...

Mr. M

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I don't think S&B is a "normal" fraternity in that they only operate at one university, whereas most are nationwide, maybe even worldwide. Plus, on any given year, the only admit FIFTEEN STUDENTS from that one campus. I don't know what the criteria for being tapped is, but it seems to me like a frat that is that exclusive is not your average party-bot frat.

Looks like the only way to know for sure is to be accepted, and in that case I am quite sure I'll never know. Of course, some Bonesman could speak out, I suppose, but I doubt that will happen.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyspiritguide
it's possible too, that people get tired of having what they consider "sacred" mocked & having everyone & their third cousin having an opinion on everything.

there is a big difference between sacred & secret

Well said!

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman
I don't think S&B is a "normal" fraternity in that they only operate at one university, whereas most are nationwide, maybe even worldwide. Plus, on any given year, the only admit FIFTEEN STUDENTS from that one campus. I don't know what the criteria for being tapped is, but it seems to me like a frat that is that exclusive is not your average party-bot frat.

No, it's not a party frat, it is taken seriously by its members. Also, beginning in the 1980's, Skull and Bones began tapping female students. Today, the fraternity is coed, and admits an equal number of students of both genders each year.

Of course, some Bonesman could speak out, I suppose, but I doubt that will happen.

It already has. Several Bones alumni were interviewed on an A&E program about Skull and Bones. One alumni, who was tapped in the late '60's, debunked the myth that only the wealthy are tapped, as he was dirt poor at the time. Skull and Bones has a debating team at the University, and looks to tap the brightest students, although some have bought their way in (like you-know-who).
This gentleman says that he was tapped because at the time he was a Marxist, and the frat needed leftist members for philosophical debate, which occurs twice per month at the frat house, known as The Tomb.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

No, it's not a party frat, it is taken seriously by its members. Also, beginning in the 1980's, Skull and Bones began tapping female students.

Fiat Lvx.

Sorry ML, I couldn't resist, send the Reptilian Guard to haul me in for my transgressions... I'll go quietly.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I dont know if anyone realizes this or not, but the symbol for the Skull and Bones society is the same mark put upon the gravestones of the graves of the Knights Templar. The Templars were rich during the Crusades and it appears as if they are still continuing this legacy. I would suppose that the Skull and Bones society is some sort of manifestation of an order of the Knights Templar, but Im not 100% certain about this!

Of course, maybe you all already knew this

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman
I dont know if anyone realizes this or not, but the symbol for the Skull and Bones society is the same mark put upon the gravestones of the graves of the Knights Templar. The Templars were rich during the Crusades and it appears as if they are still continuing this legacy. I would suppose that the Skull and Bones society is some sort of manifestation of an order of the Knights Templar, but Im not 100% certain about this!

Actually, I didn't know that. That is very interesting. I wonder if there is a connection between the two?

Mr. M

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I have been wondering that for quite some time myself. If I remember correctly Franklin Roosevelt was also a member of this organization at one time, and was heavily involved in the excavations of the Oak Island Money Pit, which was thought to be built by the Templars.

Again, I dont know for sure if Roosevelt was a member of Skull & Bones, but I believe so. I do know he was a Freemason though.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   

The reason for all the "freaking out" is because the boy scouts don't insist on keeping membership hush hush. Anything secretive in nature will naturally raise suspicion.

True, but Skull and Bones has influence regardless. Conspiracy or not, these people accepted into the society are the "bluebloods" of society. They will have the money and the connections that will last them through a lifetime. Look at who's been a member. The society will have an influnce simply by who they pick. Bonesmen in power will help out those who are not. Or thier children etc. Its almost like fuedal system. Its all about networking and who knows who, and who has money. There is no affermative action at Skull and Bones.

[edit on 15-7-2004 by FredT]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I dont know if anyone realizes this or not, but the symbol for the Skull and Bones society is the same mark put upon the gravestones of the graves of the Knights Templar.

OMG i just saw a book here at work about the Knights Templar and i tought to go check it out real quick... Seems there is a part in it about the skulls and crossbones...

www.amazon.ca...=1089899620/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_2_1/701-6098343-6191563

I might check it out or buy a copy...

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarChild

Originally posted by Jazzerman

Actually, I didn't know that. That is very interesting. I wonder if there is a connection between the two?

Mr. M

As far as I can tell there is no connection between Skull and Bones and the Illuminati. Try googling "Skull & Bones+Illuminati" and check out some of the links... most generally they will be conspiracy theory sites talking about how S&B worships some goddess named Eulogia who came back to earth after being banished from Heaven in 1832. I didn't have time to check all of them (after all there were almost 11,000 hits) but what I did see was at least interesting reading. I'm not buying all the satanist crap, but it's hard to find good info. There seems to be some decent info here:

www.meta-religion.com...

but don't hold me to that. It's still leaning toward the conspiracy theory side, so it could be crap as well, but at least it is well presented crap, if that is the case.

There is, however, no doubt that the The Order of Skull and Bones have at least a fair amount of sway in American and probably worldwide politics.

[edit on 7/15/04 by The Axeman]

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Anyone have information pertaining to the intiation rites of the S & B Fraternity?

new topics

top topics

join