It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nearly half of Palin backers may flee GOP if she isn’t nominated

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Procession101

Originally posted by centurion1211
In your dreams ...

Only way libs/dems can imagine winning the next several election cycles ...

If Palin by some miracle wins your apparent parties nomination, Obama is going to be a double term president if he wants it mark my words.

My point exactly - and the left's only hope for Obowma getting a 2nd term would be for the right to run Palin, or someone as polarizing as Palin.

Never said I wanted Palin to run and I really don't. I do, however, think Palin and her family have been treated viciously by the left. Only thing really saving Palin now is that the left has now turned instead on another conservative woman - Bachmann. Misogynists much?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Procession101

Never said I wanted Palin to run and I really don't. I do, however, think Palin and her family have been treated viciously by the left. Only thing really saving Palin now is that the left has now turned instead on another conservative woman - Bachmann. Misogynists much?

Speaking of misogynists, what do you think of this. tribes.tribe.net...

and..www.associatedcontent.com...

It's this type of GOP misogyny that will keep most women and not just feminist in the lib/demb camp.

Hypocrisy much?
edit on 2-2-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
double post sorry

edit on 2-2-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
misogyny...there's that "hate" word again. Palin (a cynical selection by a man to boost his creds with his base) and Bachmann are so easy to humorously caricature because their ideology is so well suited to it. Personally, I've never had a caricature, but if I did choose to get one, I'd better be open to how someone else views my features.

Bachmann has had soooo much more political experience and is much more at ease in the political arena than Palin. Because she accepted McCain's offer, Palin was expedited into her Peter Principle.

A couple weeks ago at work, a former diehard Republican and I were both saying how sad it was that Palin was McCain's pick. When I said that there were so many other GOP women Mc could have chosen, and started to name a few, he looked dumbfounded and stammered that he didn't know any other Republican women. Here was a loyal voter who had no idea about who was in his party. To me it revealed why Mc could slip Palin onto the GOP ballot...she would appeal to the base, and the party loyalists would be forced to accept her. Kind of like the multimillionaire's grown children accepting Daddy's new young wife, because if they didn't, they'ld be written out of the will.

The loopy Palin had her hooky followers stick to her, and whither she goest they will follow.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

As an avid woman hater myself, I can tell you for the most part, people don't dislike Bachman because she's a woman, they dislike her because she's insane.

There's a difference between hating a political advisory because of their gender or skin color, and disliking their policies.

You may notice the difference, if someone dislikes someone on the basis of skin color or gender, they tend to mangle that person's name in an attempt to dehumanize them and discredit them. But sometimes the person is just a child, and as such, is actually trying to spell the name correctly and just doesn't know how to spell the persons name.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

In your dreams ...

Only way libs/dems can imagine winning the next several election cycles ...

Well my friend Bush proved that you can do amazing things and still win.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

As an avid woman hater myself, I can tell you for the most part, people don't dislike Bachman because she's a woman, they dislike her because she's insane.

Thanks for being honest about your feelings towards women. Guess we differ on that, too, because I kinda like them.

But can you name a conservative woman running for office on the national stage that hasn't been viciously attacked?

There's a difference between hating a political advisory because of their gender or skin color, and disliking their policies.

Funny - if this wasn't so hypocritical. Recall all the liberals here and elsewhere that did (and still) accuse anyone that dislikes obowma for his policies of racism?
edit on 2/3/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Individuals vs. a group.

Let's try this thought experiment to help you understand.

Would it bother you more if someone said something you didn't like about liberals - a group you are a member of? Or would it bother you more if they came after you - and your family - personally?

Understand the difference now? I knew you had it in you ...
edit on 2/3/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

See, I am going to assume for you the second excuse why you would mangle the president's name as being you don't know how to spell it, it's Obama that's O-B-A-M-A, I'll assume that you just don't know how it's spelled because the only other reason you would misspell it is because you have something personal against the man. and as it's likely that you haven't spent any real time with Obama, that reason must be superficial.

But let's see, the right can attack Nancy Pelosi because she was a woman, so, maybe it's a bi partisan country wide problem.

Or maybe the reason that people don't like Palin is because she is a quitter, quitting her job as governor of Alaska. Seems like quite the reasonable reason to not like her or want her in public office again doesn't it?

That's just one of many many reasons that are quite legitimate for not liking Sarah Palin.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

See, I am going to assume for you the second excuse why you would mangle the president's name as being you don't know how to spell it, it's Obama that's O-B-A-M-A, I'll assume that you just don't know how it's spelled because the only other reason you would misspell it is because you have something personal against the man. and as it's likely that you haven't spent any real time with Obama, that reason must be superficial.

Oooooh! Touchy when it's your guy ...
Respect is earned, not automatically given. Still waiting on obama.

But please recall I did start a thread showing my very favorable reaction to his AZ memorial speech. So, have you EVER posted anything favorable about Palin or anyone else on the right?

But let's see, the right can attack Nancy Pelosi because she was a woman, so, maybe it's a bi partisan country wide problem.

Thank you! That's just it. The right does not attack Pelosi because she's a woman. It's because she pushes policies and legislation they don't agree with. And, pretty much, no one on the right even knows who Pelosi's family is, or if she even has one living. I know I don't because to me her family has nothing to do with any of the issues we face

Or maybe the reason that people don't like Palin is because she is a quitter, quitting her job as governor of Alaska. Seems like quite the reasonable reason to not like her or want her in public office again doesn't it?

That's just one of many many reasons that are quite legitimate for not liking Sarah Palin.

If you truly believe those things, they are great reasons to vote for Palin's opponent - if Palin even runs.

Now read this slowly for comprehension.

Why continue to trash her and her family now if you aren't doing it for other reasons - like fear or being misogynistic? Or do you naively think that whatever you say here will somehow influence someone else to change their mind and their vote? Why not just wait and vote against her yourself - if she even runs?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

But can you name a conservative woman running for office on the national stage that hasn't been viciously attacked?

desert waves hand....yes, desert?....Elizabeth Dole for POTUS until she dropped out of the race in 1999.

Very good, desert. ...desert waves hand....yes, desert?....I would like to add that Ms. Dole supported the Equal Rights Amendment and she was a women's libber. I think she would call Mr. Limbaugh a pig because he said, "I love the women’s movement — especially when walking behind it." ....

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

LOL!!! LOL!!! LOL!!! Oh, my aching sides.....

"I love the women’s movement — especially when walking behind it." ....

(yes, i realize that was a rush limbaugh quote and yes,i realize this is all lower case...there is a reason)....

My step-father would have howled with laughter at that!! BUT, he was also the diametric opposite of "Rush Limbaugh"....so.....hmmmm....No, my step-dad could appreciate the rear, but he was FAR more interested in the front, as in the "upper rack", at least accordig to my Mother....

Still.....if given a chance? I think he would have shot Limbaugh right where it mattered.....(IN his jaw, of course!!! What did you think I meant, silly??)....

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I will provide a little clue to how stupid we are. Maybe some of you can provide some more clues...maybe not.
Hillary Clinton is traveling the world on YOUR money. She gives away YOUR money, and that includes any of you in the "west".
YOU are indebted to whatever obligations HILLARY decides you are indebted to.
Of course, we don't ever talk about HILLARY now do we?
NO, we talk about Palin. Ms Nobody. AS IF she means anything at all. She is not taking our credit card and spending it overseas. But, here on ATS, we are supposed to be SO smart.
Give me a break.
We are doomed if ATS is the best and the brightest.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

Of course, we don't ever talk about HILLARY now do we?

Actually, we do. Just yesterday I heard some pundit refer to her as "America's greatest Secretary of State".

What has she done to deserve that label? But then again, Obama got the Nobel Peace Prize, didn't he?

Go figure.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

So, have you EVER posted anything favorable about Palin or anyone else on the right?

I met George Bush Sr, once in the US embassy in London, I actually found him to be quite a pleasant person and really nice. We talked for a couple of minutes and I found out that he was in England to visit Margarete Thatcher.

If you truly believe those things, they are great reasons to vote for Palin's opponent - if Palin even runs.

No, it's actually a fact, Palin did not finish her term as Governor of Alaska. This isn't a belief, this is a fact, and that's a great reason to never have her in office again. If she cannot hack being the Governor of the least populated state in the Union, how on Earth does anyone believe she can lead the greatest nation on Earth?

Here, I'll use a FOX News link to prove that she quit her job as Governor: www.foxnews.com...

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin shocked the political word Friday afternoon by announcing that she will step down at the end of the month and transfer power to Lt. Gov. Sean Parnell -- a move that throws into doubt her political future and a potential run for president in 2012.

Palin, last year's Republican vice presidential nominee, made the surprise announcement from her home in Wasilla, flanked by her husband, Todd, and family and state commissioners.

"I never believed that I nor anyone else needs a title to do this, to make a difference," she said. "I'm determined to take the right path for Alaska, even though it is unconventional and it's not so comfortable."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Why continue to trash her and her family now if you aren't doing it for other reasons - like fear or being misogynistic?

Actually I don't recall ever trashing her family, frankly I don't really care about her family, as far as fearing being misogynistic, I don't have any fear of that label, it's quite well known that I don't trust any woman.

Or do you naively think that whatever you say here will somehow influence someone else to change their mind and their vote? Why not just wait and vote against her yourself - if she even runs?

I do hope that what I say here influences others to not vote for her, I don't believe she is a qualified or deserving candidate, I don't believe she would be good for the job, and I don't believe that people should vote in a quitter. I certainly won't vote for her if she chooses to run.

edit on 2/4/2011 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

No, it's actually a fact, Palin did not finish her term as Governor of Alaska. This isn't a belief, this is a fact, and that's a great reason to never have her in office again. If she cannot hack being the Governor of the least populated state in the Union, how on Earth does anyone believe she can lead the greatest nation on Earth?

That's quite the myopic point of view, especially given her explanation:

"I never believed that I nor anyone else needs a title to do this, to make a difference," she said. "I'm determined to take the right path for Alaska, even though it is unconventional and it's not so comfortable."

She decided she could make a bigger influence by taking a different path. That took a lot of courage, and it's understandably a move that most people will not be able to grasp. After all, it's much easier to point fingers like a 3rd grader ad call her "Quitter!!".

It's not like AK was swimming in red ink or corruption when she left. She didn't run away from something; she walked up to a greater challenge.

And looking back, she has made a tremendous impact on the political scene. Her detractors were waiting for her to fail so that they could jump on that. She didn't; she's been very successful, so now all the left can do is cast personal attacks at her and her family. Especially her Down's Syndrome baby. Disgusting, really.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Her "explanation" doesn't really cut it, she could and should have finished her term and then left office to pursue her book deal and be Hannity's favorite guest star.

And looking back, she has made a tremendous impact on the political scene. Her detractors were waiting for her to fail so that they could jump on that. She didn't; she's been very successful, so now all the left can do is cast personal attacks at her and her family. Especially her Down's Syndrome baby. Disgusting, really.

All of which she could have done either while still in office, or after she was done with her term instead of abandoning her elected post, and abandoning the people of Alaska who voted for her.

So what happens if she is elected POTUS? What? Will the people still support her when she quits that job too?

I mean in all reality, she didn't do much for Alaska, she was on the campaign trail with John (pro gang rape) McCain for most of her governorship.

Again, notice that I am not saying anything about her family, don't really care about her family, not important to me. What is important to me is to make sure that we elect someone to office that can complete a term without quitting for a book deal or spot on FOX News.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Hey wuk, you know what Palin did after the last time she quit a position?

She got elected to the position of Governor of Alaska. She did this by exposing the corruption in both parties.

Hmmm, is HISTORY repeating itself?

You know, I once quit a job and took a more responsible position. Hmmm, even got better pay and was able to expand my knowledge, my prestige, even enjoyed the locale for awhile.

One thing is for sure, if you follow the Saul Alinsky model, you only attack what you fear.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I have a feeling that the GOP will cave in to the pressure and nominate Palin.

I don't think so. She isn't qualified. The real GOP players know that. She's got a following and therefore has to be wined and dined ... but as for 'nomination'?? Won't happen. IMHO

Those who have said they might run ... Newt, Palin, Romney ... they can't beat Obama even when he's got approval ratings in the low 40s %. The only way the GOP can win (IMHO) is if Bobby Jindal runs .. and he has said he won't. (look for him in 2016). Pawlenty could give Obama a run for his money and it would be a toss up.

Palin and Obama are equally UNqualified to be POTUS.
Neither can/could do the job.
The thought of either in the office makes me nervous.

Gawd .. why can't we have a REAL POTUS? A REAL Commander in Chief with some military strategy training/experience? A REAL executive? Someone who knows and understands the dynamics of economics? A real international statesman (stateswoman?).

The population of the USA, at the time of this writing is 310,755,537 . You'd think that with all those people we could find a good POTUS and VPOTUS .. good senators .. good representatives ... but instead all we see put forward as our best is Obama, Palin, Newt, Pelosi, Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, Romney etc ..... :shk: it's so freak'n sad.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Her "explanation" doesn't really cut it, she could and should have finished her term and then left office to pursue her book deal and be Hannity's favorite guest star.

After the way she was treated by both the libs and the RINOs when she agreed to run with McCain ( and I include him among the guilty RINO's ), I can understand why she doesn't give a rat's patootie if you accept her 'explanation'.

All of which she could have done either while still in office, or after she was done with her term instead of abandoning her elected post, and abandoning the people of Alaska who voted for her.

No way. None of you, and you especially, would have let her get away with that. You'd have been whining about how she was short-shrifting the people of AK.

So what happens if she is elected POTUS? What? Will the people still support her when she quits that job too?

I mean in all reality, she didn't do much for Alaska, she was on the campaign trail with John (pro gang rape) McCain for most of her governorship.

Who said she will run? I've often said I hope she doesn't run. She's much more effective in her current role as a headache to the libs. Let her take a fancy appointed role if she wants to work in the government.

Your comment about her lack of accomplishments is BS and shows you know are merely attacking her, and your 'fear' of her quitting the POTUS show that you are part of that group I mentioned earlier: finger pointing libs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join