It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nearly half of Palin backers may flee GOP if she isn’t nominated

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Oh GAWD! you are so brainwashed by Fox "news"!!!

....and that he can't speak without the aid of a teleprompter....

Jeebus!!! Well, let's see.....ever heard of (that nutjob) Michele Bachman?? [R-Minn]??

SHE ( have no idea why
) was tapped by the Reps ("GOP") to deliver the canned response to the President's SOTU Address last month. Remember?? Now, watch this video (it's much better with the sound off, BTW) and look at her creepy eyeline. Do you know why she's not appearing to gaze lovingly into her audience's eyes, via the magic of the camera lens??

Because, someone misaligned her TELEPROMPT'R!!!:

(...and they say Pelosi looked scary. I see a lot of Palin, there.....in that....ummm...."face"....)

Oh, and RE: President Obama:

...and a vacation every month...

How about getting some FACTS....oh, those might get in the way of the rheitoric spewed by Limbaugh, Hannity and "friends"?? Too bad:

The Republican National Committee has taken to calling Obama “the Clark Griswold president,” a mocking reference to the Chevy Chase character in National Lampoon’s “Vacation” movies.

(Such a classy move......yeah....makes me proud.....)

With unemployment claims climbing again, the GOP was hoping its criticism would have a certain national resonance. And maybe it will.

One potential complication: Obama has spent far less time on vacation than his Republican predecessor, George W. Bush, had at this point in his presidency.

Veteran CBS News White House correspondent Mark Knoller, a fastidious keeper of presidential statistics, has kept count. By his tally, Obama has embarked on nine “vacations” since taking office, bringing his total days off to 48. Some of those trips lasted a day and some, like his Christmas holiday in Hawaii, more than a week.

For those keeping count, this article was written in August 2010. He took office in January 2009. A "vacation every month", huh??? Well, someone needs a new calendar.....(I did some counting....let's see, still 12 months in a year...August is the eight month.....counting on fingers and toes.....I get 20 months? What did you get? So, 20 divided by 9 = "vacation every month"???)

By comparison, Bush had visited his ranch in Crawford, Tex., 14 times at this point in his administration and spent 115 days there. And yes, Democrats let him have it, too, complaining that he was a chronic vacationer.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Are there really Palin backers outside of the MSM?

I am a Tea Partier and registered Republican and Palin is the reason I voted for Obama! I think my mom kind of likes her, but Mom doesn't vote anyway. I thought she was just a popular face for talk shows and Fox News, I didn't know any real people actually supported her?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I don't understand why people think Obama won't run for a second term.

His approval is back in the positive ( +7.7 right now)...and the only reason it isn't higher is because the Rasmussen and Fox News polls are keeping it low compared to every other poll.

www.realclearpolitics.com...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3685e1ac12a9.jpg[/atsimg]

As far as Palin goes, I really don't think she has a chance...and her following isn't as large as she would like to think. So while I would hope that her followers leaving the GOP would help the democrats...I just don't think she has the numbers to do anything.

Plus...Palin is a Republican puppet...so she will just beg her followers to stay with the GOP. Just like she convinced the Tea Party movement to vote for all the Republican candidates...as long as they CLAIMED they were the "tea party candidate". Talk about a scam...funny how such a simple minded person was able to dupe an entire movement.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ
She would have probably nuked Egypt once the unrest started.

No, she probably would have nuked Iraq. Go to this (2009) ATS thread and click on link to image.

much humor in this thread all around. West/Palin
Woops! Here's something not so funny...

Originally posted by MindSpin
... she convinced the Tea Party movement to vote for all the Republican candidates...as long as they CLAIMED they were the "tea party candidate". Talk about a scam...

Hmmmmm, yes, are they TP backers who would split off and form a real TP party?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
"Nearly half of Palin backers may flee GOP if she isn’t nominated."

Would that end up being even ONE electoral vote?

Romney 2012.

Won't happen though. He's too much of a peacemaker in the political arena. The TPB can't have Washington working properly. It hinders their agenda.

In my opinion, Mitt has the best chances of all the Republican party on winning it all. He's smart has the business man saavy to himself and might be able to help our damaged (over that last 80 years) country. Only thing is a lot of conservatives I know wouldn't vote for him because he's Mormon.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Procession101

In my opinion, Mitt has the best chances of all the Republican party on winning it all. He's smart has the business man saavy to himself and might be able to help our damaged (over that last 80 years) country. Only thing is a lot of conservatives I know wouldn't vote for him because he's Mormon.

I 100% agree with that.

Romney does have the best chance to beat Obama...but a poor chance of winning the Republican primaries.

I'm not a big fan of Republicans...just calling it as I see it.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin

I 100% agree with that.

Romney does have the best chance to beat Obama...but a poor chance of winning the Republican primaries.

I'm not a big fan of Republicans...just calling it as I see it.

Same here man, but I'd actually consider voting for Romney if he were selected. If Palin wins the Republican Nomination that automatically puts my vote with whoever is running against her Obama or not.
edit on 2-2-2011 by Procession101 because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Well it definitely won't be Kucinich!

Sues Whitehouse Cafeteria over sandwich

He lost all his Conservative support over an Olive Pit in a sandwich! At least hopefully he lost all of his support; I can't imagine any conservative voting for this man while at the same time complaining about all the frivolous lawsuits and overzealous out of control government.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Besides being Mormon......

.....with the constant drumbeat of misguided rhetoric in the Health Care Bill being labelled by the GOP as "obamacare"....Mitt has a bit of a noodle around his neck from his home state's own Health Care plan....eerily similar (and very successful??) to the U.S. version.

Let's start calling it "romneycare", shall we?? Or, just "RomCare" (trademark pending)...Oh!! And we need a full report, stat, from Palin on her views regarding any comparisons to make. Of course, she may have to make up some words, in order to appear intellectual.......
edit on 2 February 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
In your dreams ...

Only way libs/dems can imagine winning the next several election cycles ...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Oh GAWD! you are so brainwashed by Fox "news"!!!

....and that he can't speak without the aid of a teleprompter....

Jeebus!!! Well, let's see.....ever heard of (that nutjob) Michele Bachman?? [R-Minn]??

SHE ( have no idea why ) was tapped by the Reps ("GOP") to deliver the canned response to the President's SOTU Address last month. Remember?? Now, watch this video (it's much better with the sound off, BTW) and look at her creepy eyeline. Do you know why she's not appearing to gaze lovingly into her audience's eyes, via the magic of the camera lens??

Because, someone misaligned her TELEPROMPT'R!!!:

So what? So Bachman got burned by a teleprompter once. It has nothing to do with Barry O's incompetence or inability to deliver a speech without his telly-belly.

As for his excessive vacations, he seemed to take them at the most inopportune times, like during the Gulf oil spill. He ran away from his responsibilities until the adults made everything all better.

Maybe it just seemed like he took them every month...?

Or maybe the country just wished he would take them every week!

So, please don't try to take the spotlight off of BO by bringing up what other people did. Deflection. That's so...Dem.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

It has nothing to do with Barry O's incompetence or inability to deliver a speech without his telly-belly.

Technically, this thread has NOTHING TO DO with President Obama, as the main topic to hand.

.... like during the Gulf oil spill. He ran away from his responsibilities until the adults made everything all better.

Selective memory much??

Two words --- Hurricane Katrina

(Best to stop while you can....)

So, please don't try to take the spotlight off of BO by bringing up what other people did. Deflection. That's so...Dem.

Pot, please meet the kettle. Deflecting from Palin by attempting to wave the spotlight over to your warped (and incorrect) views of President Obama??

Oh, and since you originally brought up the Teleprompter ----:

....or inability to deliver a speech without his telly-belly.

Former (half) Governor Palin, and notes on the palm of her hand, anyone?? (Guess that's her low-tech version of the Teleprompt'r, you betcha!! Of course, now that she skedaddled from the Governor's Mansion early, to make big bucks in the private sector, she can afford a proper one.....).

SO....care to show ANY examples of major public figures giving prepared speeches WITHOUT a Teleprompter???

Presidents? Governors? (The ones with small hands, I mean). Senators?

Like I said.....you've fallen (easy) victim, hook line and sinker, to the typical ploys of the Rabid Right (trademark pending) and their inane rhetoric......

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

You mention that palin looks like the hill woman...on king of the hill. However, peggy hill seems normal, which is not something I get from palin. That woman is a zionist trojan horse filled with filth and iniquity.

Since there are so many who seem to think a palin/beck ticket is their wet dream, I thought I'd add that beck looks like little bobby hill. So, you can see them both on king of the hill, I guess. They are cartoon characters, after all, above all other attributes they possess.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
In your dreams ...

Only way libs/dems can imagine winning the next several election cycles ...

If Palin by some miracle wins your apparent parties nomination, Obama is going to be a double term president if he wants it mark my words.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Good. The GOP is hardly the party of Reagan, Goldwater, or Lincoln anymore.

Conservatism has given way to ultra neo conservatism and its hurt the GOP which by and large used to be populated by moderates or at least pragmatic conservatives.

If they want to branch off great.

There is already a group out there for the. Its called the "John Birch Society"

I predicted that this would happen back in 2005. As it was I was quite a few years off but the basic tennants remain the same.

Caveat Emptor: The Selling of The GOP's Soul To The Religious Right
edit on 2/2/11 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
sorry to be the bearer of bad news
but due to a host of global reasons,
it is my opinion that there will
not be any more elected presidents.

they needed someone to distract
you from the worlds real problems
and Palin was the only one stupid
enough to take the job.

now back to ur regularly scheduled
left vs right paradigm (temporarily).

edit on 2/2/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

Oh come on now, she's really pretty smart, in my opinion. I watched Sarah Palin's Alaska and she's pretty tough when she needs to be. She even smacked big fishes on the head and gutted them. I wouldn't even think about doing that. And she has a real connection to family. I think we could do worse.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Nearly half of Palin backers may flee GOP if she isn't nominated

Will they please flee the U.S. too? Or maybe we can deport them to our North Korean allies...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

It has nothing to do with Barry O's incompetence or inability to deliver a speech without his telly-belly.

Technically, this thread has NOTHING TO DO with President Obama, as the main topic to hand.

Did you figure that one out all by yourself?
Now maybe you can tell us SO WHAT about it?

.... like during the Gulf oil spill. He ran away from his responsibilities until the adults made everything all better.

Selective memory much??

Two words --- Hurricane Katrina

(Best to stop while you can....)

Pffft. The first people that BO sent down there were lawyers. Not humanitarian aid, lawyers.

He's a joke and you defending him makes him just that much funnier.

Blame the Katrina mess on Blanco and Nagin, where it belongs. Stop being such an apologist.

Former (half) Governor Palin, and notes on the palm of her hand, anyone?? (Guess that's her low-tech version of the Teleprompt'r, you betcha!! Of course, now that she skedaddled from the Governor's Mansion early, to make big bucks in the private sector, she can afford a proper one.....).

SO....care to show ANY examples of major public figures giving prepared speeches WITHOUT a Teleprompter???

Presidents? Governors? (The ones with small hands, I mean). Senators?

Like I said.....you've fallen (easy) victim, hook line and sinker, to the typical ploys of the Rabid Right (trademark pending) and their inane rhetoric......

Can't compare jotting a few notes on your cuff or wrist with a crippling dependency on a teleprompter, bunko. Not the same at all. Sarah was merely busy while BO is an incompetent fool who the world laughs at daily.

But you just keep on adoring him because, gosh, he deserves your love, doesn't he?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills

Nearly half of Palin backers may flee GOP if she isn't nominated

Will they please flee the U.S. too? Or maybe we can deport them to our North Korean allies...

I don't know...people are so unreliable and fickle when it comes to keeping a promise.

Remember when GWB won his second term? Thousands of Dems suffering from severe depression threatened to move to Canada.

Trouble is, nary a one left, as far as I can tell, even though some of us offered to pay for a one-way ticket for the loudest of them.

Not only did they not leave, I think they are multiplying here in the States, given the state of the country right now. It's in poor shape and getting worse every day. Must be the libs!

edit on 2-2-2011 by mishigas because: fix a double negative

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Good. The GOP is hardly the party of Reagan, Goldwater, or Lincoln anymore.

Conservatism has given way to ultra neo conservatism and its hurt the GOP which by and large used to be populated by moderates or at least pragmatic conservatives.

Those men were precisely the reason I joined the GOP in the first place. Now I intend to change parties away from the Corporate Fascist that has become the Republican party.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join