It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nearly half of Palin backers may flee GOP if she isn’t nominated

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

A new poll from Rasmussen released Monday reported that Sarah Palin's divisiveness as a candidate may pose a serious electoral problem for the Republicans in 2012.

According to the poll, nearly half of likely GOP voters who support Palin said they would switch to a third party candidate if the former Alaska governor and current Fox News personality didn't secure the presidential nomination in 2012. Fully 46 percent of Palin backers said they were likely to vote third party if Palin lost, with 22 percent saying it's "very likely."

Wonderful news! America needs a few more parties. I'm not a big Palin fan but I am a fan of having a better selection than the current two political flavors being offered.

I'm sure the Democrats are crossing their fingers that this is exactly what happens as a weakened GOP poses much less of a threat. I disagree with the following quote..

But Palin voters abandoning the GOP likely won't be much help to the Democrats, who stand to gain little from disillusioned Republican voters. Rasmussen reported that 90 percent of likely GOP voters said they were unlikely to vote for President Barack Obama, under any circumstance.

I doubt if Obama will run for a second term. Even dembs are disgusted with him for carrying on the neocon agenda.
edit on 1-2-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Where are they going to splinter off to, the bat**** crazy party?

I think it is going to be a great help for the Democrats to have another strong run at the presidency, although I'm not sure how many of the GOP people are actually supporting her in the first place.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Procession101

I have a feeling that the GOP will cave in to the pressure and nominate Palin. She will continue her surreal fantasy campaign style and cause the Republicans to take a thumpin like they did in their last run for the WH. Especially if the Dembs run a different candidate besides O.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Whoever thought I would say this but... thank god for Sarah Palin.

That could give my party, the third largest in America, a lot more votes.

Go Constitution Party!!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I have a feeling that the GOP will cave in to the pressure and nominate Palin. She will continue her surreal fantasy campaign style ...

Thanks, whaaa, now I'm going to have a nightmare tonight, where I find myself being forced to watch Palin in a presidential candidate debate in 2012!! BTW, I finally noticed why Sarah Palin seemed familiar to me all this time....Peggy Hill on King of the Hill. Yep!

Well, David Duke left, too, or said he'ld leave...

I am glad these traitorous leaders of the Republican Party appointed this Black racist, affirmative action advocate to the head of the Republican party because this will lead to a huge revolt among the Republican base. As a former Republican official, I can tell you that millions of rank-and-file Republicans are mad as hell and aren't going to take it anymore! We will either take the Republican Party back over the next four years or we will say, "To Hell With the Republican Party!" And we will take 90 percent of Republicans with us into a New Party that will take its current place!

source

What new party could he be talking about? You don't suppose...nah!...Did that many people leave the GOP? Politics really is an interesting subject.
edit on 1-2-2011 by desert because: forgot to add quote source

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Oh, please God, let the GOP nominate Palin. Oh, please...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Yay yet more threats from the delusional followers of this candidate. Our best bet against a Palin presidency is that she will have to speak in order to be elected, and this alone will hurt her chances like no other one thing.

Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin remains a top favorite of Republican voters, but she’s also the front-runner they least want to see get the GOP’s 2012 presidential nomination.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 81% of Likely GOP Primary Voters have a favorable opinion of Mitt Romney, former governor of Massachusetts and an unsuccessful candidate for the Republican presidential nomination in 2008. Seventy-nine percent (79%) share a favorable opinion of Palin, the party’s 2008 vice presidential nominee, and 77% express positive feelings about another 2008 contender, former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee.

33% of GOP Voters HopePalin Isn't 2012 Nominee

More than likely these people will scare the hell out of the Democrats and they will flock to the polls in 2012.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
"Nearly half of Palin backers may flee GOP if she isn’t nominated."

Would that end up being even ONE electoral vote?

Romney 2012.

Won't happen though. He's too much of a peacemaker in the political arena. The TPB can't have Washington working properly. It hinders their agenda.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
This is great news for a country, USA, that really doesn't believe in anything.
We have rabid Palin followers, and rabid anti-Palin followers. Wow, aren't we great thinkers.
So tell me, ATS'ers, just how cynical are we? Are we like the Romans that watched Rome burn? Our Rome IS burning you know.
But, we are isolated from it all, cynical that anyone in the public arena called politics is just out for themselves even though there is very little proof that Palin actually IS just out for private gain. Clue me in if you have some info on that.
Meanwhile, Wall Street Banksters rob us blind, and our federal government is composed of internationalists that have NO allegiance to the land we call home.
But, Palin is God awful evil.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stewie
Our Rome IS burning you know.

That is SO much a fact and we waste time on discussing irrelevant crap as opposed to taking those criminals to justice. It's working for them. STOP!!!! Hold the criminals accountable.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

On a lighter note.....saw this recently, thought it might add another chuckle to the thread:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Palin - And we're supposed to take it seriously. There is life on other planets

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

ahhh, humor.....yes, when the world around you is in desperate times, find a chuckle to hang your humanity hat on. I think it's been said that humor helped people cope with the atrocities of the German concentration camps and in POW camps.

One must not be so immersed in the intensity of the times, be so overly self-introspective and dogmatic, that one becomes morose and no fun to be around. (The only reason PC has been around so long is that some humorless person on the Right thought the Left was using it in a serious manner, and started falsely claiming the Left wanted everything to be PC. Fact is we used to tell our dour comrades to "lighten up", "God, you're so PC!").

Actually, during times of protests and revolution can be found interesting humor, usually directed at the person desired out of power.

Nope, I hope Sarah Palin stays around. I want Spudnut Moments; they're delicious.

trivia, whaaa...speaking of Spudnuts, during WW2 when my sisters were little girls, my mother learned to make their candy Easter eggs using potatoes with a little sugar, as sugar was rationed.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I doubt if Obama will run for a second term. Even dembs are disgusted with him for carrying on the neocon agenda.

It would be nice if he at least had a primary challenger. But there is no chance in hell he won't run for reelection in 2012.

Palin has a cult of personality. Her nomination would lead to a catastrophic defeat. She might take 10 states at best. It would be an electoral college blow out. Personally, I doubt Palin will get the nod.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
sorry to be the bearer of bad news
but due to a host of global reasons,
it is my opinion that there will
not be any more elected presidents.

they needed someone to distract
you from the worlds real problems
and Palin was the only one stupid
enough to take the job.

now back to ur regularly scheduled
left vs right paradigm (temporarily).

edit on 2/2/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
That would be pretty self defeating at this point. The outcome remains to be seen, but if the GOP/ Tea Party people who were elected in November actually do follow through (the latest is that the GOP is wanting to cut foreign aid and State Dept), it would seem that they may have read the memo and decided to do their jobs (represent the will of their constituents).

McCain was no prize and nothing could have made me vote for him, but I'd bet that choosing Sarah Palin nixed it
for not a few independents. I felt like the republicans threw the game just like the democrats had with John Kerry.
:gak: Sadly, Obama would have won anyway. What is it about [politics] that makes us sooo stupid?
edit on 2-2-2011 by DogsDogsDogs because: close parentheses

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Yeah, yeah, yeahhhyhhhh.

Smacking sound, kinda like after eating some Lays potato chips and dip...........YEAHHHHH those hacks are all going to vote for Obama if they do not get their way.........yeahhhhhhh.

Come ON! There is two years now there WUK!

You have to come up with something better. Maybe accuse Palin of eating premature elk or something. You know, premies or something. Maybe she shot an elk that had a baby in the womb. That would be great verbiage!

Hey, here is an idea, maybe you can say that she eats meat! Or that she HITS fish over the head!

I got it, maybe you can say that she is like the others in the political venue. You know, she will do ANYTHING to hold onto her political position. DANNGGGGG! She QUIT when it would hurt the state.

Hmmmm, maybe something else, you know we have to work on that.

By the way, did you hear about when she QUIT the government prior to getting elected Governor?

Almost like she knew what she was doing. By the way, I am thinking West/Palin will CRUSH the dems come 2012. What do you think? No Race Card available!
edit on 2-2-2011 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
How can she run for President and not give an interview that isn't scripted? Eventually she will have to think on her own and that will sink her run for President. I don't get what the appeal is with her?

As Mayor of Wasilla she left office and left the residents with $18 Million dollars in debt when the town had no debt prior to her taking office. Alaska has one of the highest Debt to GDP ratios of any state in the US considering the huge amount of oil revenue it brings in that's quite an accomplishment.

To those that lean to the right who think Obama is a big spender, he has nothing on Palin. She will put the final nail in the US coffin if you guys actually elect her as President. As a neighbour to the North, I don't want her with her finger anywhere near the "Magic Red Button".

She would have probably nuked Egypt once the unrest started.

One televised debate that isn't scripted would seal her fate. She seems nice and all but IMO isn't Presidential material.

But hey go nuts if you want.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
For the first two years of Obama's term, all we heard was "It's Bush's fault!" or "Bush made me do it!" from the weaklings at the top of the Democrat party - Obama, Pelosi, and Reid.

Bush was the big bad bogeyman. Blame everything on him.

Now that Obama has shown what an incompetent loser he is, and that he can't speak without the aid of a teleprompter and a vacation every month, the Dems need a new bogey-person.

So who do they pick? Well, who scares them the most? A tiny little woman with a big heart and a love for America, that's who. Here on ATS you can watch the circus of grown men outdoing each other with cheap insults. They forget that she is an American, too, and quite deserving of the same rights we all have. No need for grown men ( well, maybe that's my mistake..assuming they are grown men ) to insult her, her children and family. Live and let live, for goodness' sake.

She has proven to be a very effective politician and fundraiser for those she endorses. This scares the bejeezus out of the Dems, so they work themselves into a mouth-foaming caricature of a human mad dog.

I say she's doing an excellent job getting the Dem's britches tied up in a snit. Go Sarah go!!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

I think you finally snapped there saltheart, your snapping on me when I haven't even responded to the thread
Unlike you, I only have one account here.

Anywho, about this Palin business, I think she's pretty much done, she's a joke, nobody really takes her seriously anymore, shes more of a celebrity than a politician.
edit on 2/2/2011 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join