It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bullying teens may be charged with terrorists threats, among others...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Just saw this on CNN.

Seven teenagers were in custody Tuesday in connection with the beating of a 13-year-old boy, attacked while he was walking home from school this month in a Philadelphia suburb, authorities said.

Now I'm not an advocate for bullying but I grew up with four brothers, all older. After watching the video of the bullying which was recorded by another teen, I think he got off lucky. What they did was wrong but I don't think it justifies this list of charges:

The suspects range in age from 13 to 17 and will face juvenile charges, including aggravated assault, false imprisonment, kidnapping and terroristic threats, Sharp said.

Kidnapping?

I would also like to add that this thread category says it all, madness!

Source

edit on 1-2-2011 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The bullies can get there victim on a terror watch list and like in my case, i being the victim, i had my life ruined forever, by police and uk gov never being out of my life. Bullies plan murder campaigns at school, and they should be in prison for murder in effect.

Anyone out there trying to get a person to commit suicide should be in prison, and that includes all the police targeting innocent people for there friends.

Disgusting. The victims pay all there lifes while the scum(bullies), walk around with friends in police planning murder campaigns, and laughing there socks off.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

If a gang of kids ever attacks one of my kids or relatives; they will be much safer in jail and dealing with the cops and court system than dealing with me and my crew. They will learn what terrorism really means.

edit on 1-2-2011 by whaaa because: syntax

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I can speak from experience.

My step-daughter was cited(she is 15 years old) for making terroristic threats on an online message board. Fined and put on probation.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Couldn't resist!

I'm going out baby uziiii styyyle

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I think terrorism is a bit much.

However, when you have a group of seven youths gang up on another youth and hang him from a fence, you need the police to intervene.

This type of behavior could escalate to the point that people are actually hurt.

I'd put the group that did this on probation and as a condition of probation, I'd not allow them to hang out with each other and make them do lots and lots of community service.

Let's be real here.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I empathize with all of you who have gone through some type of bullying one way or another. But Terrorism? Really?
I remember my older brother hanging me from a coat hook on the door, or even hog tying me with skipping rope and leaving me on the floor till my hands started turning blue and this was family.

I'm wondering at what point this will stop becoming a terrorist act and let boys be boys. Should my brother have been charged with forceable confinement, aggravated assault back in 1980?

edit on 1-2-2011 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

...let boys be boys?... your brothers were allowed to abuse you and, so, you think everyone should get a good dose of that too?... contrary to what you seem to think you're presenting, your attitude strongly indicates how badly damaged you were by your brothers violent behavior...

...this has nothing to do with "boys will be boys"... this is about children being raised wrong... the bullies in this philly deal knew they were doing wrong and they deserve whatever punishment is dealt out...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

I had a feeling my comment would get me in hot water. Boys will be boys, its just how you deal with them when they act up. I still don't think kidnapping and terrorism is the right way to deal with them. I guess me only problem is this terrorism bit. Everyone can be called a terrorist now, even your own family member.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Terroristic threats - 18 Pa. Cons. Stat. § 2706

Terroristic threats. (a) Offense defined.--A person commits the crime of terroristic threats if the person communicates, either directly or indirectly, a threat to: (1) commit any crime of violence with intent to terrorize another; (2) cause evacuation of a building, place of assembly or facility of public transportation; or (3) otherwise cause serious public inconvenience, or cause terror or serious public inconvenience with reckless disregard of the risk of causing such terror or inconvenience....

d) Grading.--An offense under subsection (a) constitutes a misdemeanor of the first degree unless the threat causes the occupants of the building, place of assembly or facility of public transportation to be diverted from their normal or customary operations, in which case the offense constitutes a felony of the third degree.

law.onecle.com...

The underlined segments cover the charges alleged in this case. It has nothing to do with Federal Terrorism charges or being placed on a "Terror Watchlist".

ETA - This is from the State of Pennsylvania criminal code
edit on 1-2-2011 by WTFover because: added last line

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Bullies are terrorist on a smaller scale/ Just because they aren't terrorizing a country does not mean they are not terrorists.
We need to take bullying more seriously. They need to PAY for ruining the lives of innocent people.

I am a crueler/angrier/hateful person today directly as a result of being victimized by bullies all my life (in school, work and internet). If I came face to face with my former bullies, well.... I don't know if my rage could be contained.

^ THIS is what bullies do to people.

I can not even function normally in my day to day life. I can not socialize with people the way others do. I have been single for 8 years. I no longer have a job. My life is pretty much crap due in large part to bullying and social outcasting.

So yeah, harsh punishments for bullies. And have a look at their family life. Something must be seriously wrong with the parents for their kids to think they can go to school and terrorize people around them. Punish the parents. And teachers who turn the other way and ignore the problem!
edit on 23-5-2011 by 08051962 because: word correction

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
I can speak from experience.

My step-daughter was cited(she is 15 years old) for making terroristic threats on an online message board. Fined and put on probation.

Define terrorist threat.What does that mean?
What do you mean by a "terroristic threat"?
Why are we making children felons?

What is your definition of "terrorism"?

Let me guess. Anything you want it to mean.
Ok while we are on making up definitions on the fly to push a fascist/public enslavement agenda I guess...er...

sadomasochism is a terrorism then.... yeah...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Everybody!
Indoctrination!
"I'm a victim you're a victim wouldn't you like to be a victim too!"

Kids, don't stand up to bullies. Parents, don't teach your kids how to fight or stand up for themselves. Everyone just curl up in a little ball and pray for the government to take care of you!

BAH!
Now I'm irate.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

And the 17 year olds should be charged (as an adult) with violence against a minor. Jesus I hope those guys never reproduce and if they do, this should be on their record and never expunged. They should never be allowed to have children. You think this is harsh?

What planet do you come from? A 17 year old is almost AN ADULT!!!!
I think the punishment is too lenient for them, especially the 17 yr olds!!!!
edit on 24-5-2011 by ldyserenity because: add & spelling

edit on 24-5-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by FlySolo

If a gang of kids ever attacks one of my kids or relatives; they will be much safer in jail and dealing with the cops and court system than dealing with me and my crew. They will learn what terrorism really means.

edit on 1-2-2011 by whaaa because: syntax

WORD!!!!!

The Bullies are finding out, this country is not gonna tolerate this crap no longer.
I saw a group of like 30 girls from the highschool in Philly chasing one little petite girl down my street when I lived in Philly and the officers stationed at the school did nothing, I called 911 and when They saw me dialing then they did something and intervened. HA! I will be the first to call the police when I see bullying gong on!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Makes sense. A Muslim radical shoots up a US military facility at FT. Hood and thats not terrorism according to the White House but a couple of teenage thugs beating up kids on a playground is.

Bullying is a terrible thing and we need to take steps to reduce it.What ever it is however, it is not terrorism.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Terroristic Threats is the act of threatening, intimidation or harrassment of another with the intent to cause either psychological, mental and physical harm upon the victim so these charges more then apply.

This is the legal definition of terrorism. Terrorism doesn't always have to involve property destruction or even death. Simple intimidation is an act of terrorism.

edit on 24-5-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Extreme bullying should be punished, and the penalty should be harsh. They ARE terrorists, they terrorise people and make their lives a living hell. Why do you think so many people kill themselves as a result of bullying? Bullying isnt taken seriously enough and its often the victim who ends up in prison when they snap after taking too much # because the law did not protect them.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
Extreme bullying should be punished, and the penalty should be harsh. They ARE terrorists, they terrorise people and make their lives a living hell. Why do you think so many people kill themselves as a result of bullying? Bullying isnt taken seriously enough and its often the victim who ends up in prison when they snap after taking too much # because the law did not protect them.

To add upon what you are said Fire is that when bullying is ignored kids conceive a Columbine plot.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 08051962

So yeah, harsh punishments for bullies. And have a look at their family life. Something must be seriously wrong with the parents for their kids to think they can go to school and terrorize people around them. Punish the parents.....

Actually the parents may have little if anything to do with the behavior.

Another ATS member and I were discussing the Sociopaths in our lives. Often these very charismatic people who have no conscience, are the leaders in bulling behavior yet parents and teacher never ever see anything but the "Angelic" side. They may goad others to "pick on" someone but stand on the sidelines and watch.

My Brother was one of these type people and my parents never ever caught him at it despite his three attempts to kill me.

new topics

top topics

join