It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ski-Mask Wearing Thug Assists Police At Checkpoint In Houston County

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Ski-Mask Wearing Thug Assists Police At Checkpoint In Houston County

www.infowars.com

According to a report by Rickey Stokes of the Houston Newspaper Online, Houston County Sheriff Vice Deputy Phillip Small is being assisted in conducting traffic stops by a ski-mask wearing man wearing a bullet proof vest with the words “State Police” written on it. The mask covers the whole of the man’s face apart from his eyes. The man has also been seen carrying a large gun strapped to his back. Photos taken by Stokes confirm that the individual is helping police conduct arrests and warrantless searches of vehicles.

When Stokes took photographs of the man during a traffic checkpoint
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Umm, this is fairly disturbing.

A guy running around with a black ski mask in an unmarked vehicle, doing TRAFFIC stops, and alledgedly planting drugs on suspects?

This sounds like something straight out of a George Orwell novel, or the movie "Training Day".

Only the pictures show that it is for real.

LOL @ him threatening the photographer with arrest for capturing him on film. Didn't want any of his thuggery and intimidation to be recorded. Gee, I wonder why?

Good news is, it sounds like their department is going to put a stop to this creepy behavior. But I have to say it's a little bizzare that folks at the department acted like they did not even know who this "masked" individual was when they were initially contacted? Hmmm...

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 1-2-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
About the only thing we can do in cases like this, is to publicize them, speak up and out about them.

Yes it involves some risk of backlash at the source, when you are the one lodging the complaint or writing and publishing the story or taking the pictures, but ultimately the only way we are going to limit the rise of the police state and curtail their excesses is refusing to go quietly along.

No, there really is no valid reason for law enforcement officers that are supposed to protect and serve us to need anonymity in that pursuit to the point of being masked and unaccountable for their actions.

Nor are random spot checks and searches justifiable, if you are looking for a fugitive believed in the area, then set up a road block, stop and inspect all vehicles, be above board and honest with the motorists being inconvenienced in the process.

Otherwise its just an abuse of the people.

People who don't want to be abused need to stand up and speak out each and every time.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I've said it before and I'll say it again till people start listening.
IT IS COMING!!!!

The more people hear about things like this the more pissed off they are going to get.
If you are a PIG err.... a COP you had better get right with God and get on the winning side or start reporting corruption within the ranks like a madman. Become a positive well respected pillar in your community and let the citizens know that you work for them and have their back.

The people are waking up and they are well armed and pissed off.

I wouldn't want that job for the world.

What happened to the pigs in egypt???
Yeah, that didn't go over as planned did it?
Where are all of the riot shields now!!!!
Where is all of the tear gas now????
Big tough guys hu???

I am sure that people will think that I am making threats but I am not.
I am witnessing a ship with a large hole in it and damn me for pointing out what is inevitable.
I wish this wouldn't happen and cops would weed out corruption from amoungst their ranks before all hell breaks loose but......I don't see it happening.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

no it is HERE we had are chance to stop it!!! Well that time has come and gone, all we can do now is say ZIG BUSH sit back and think about tomorrow.

edit on 1-2-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

The "IT" that I am referring to is an all out revolution against a tyrannical, overbearing, oppressive, government.
"IT" is coming. and "IT" will be here sooner rather than later.

I used to respect authority. Alot of people did.
I do not respect "Authoritahhh".
And I never will.

These PIGS a re going to push one too many times.
They wonder why people are trying to kill them.
We are all supposed to gasp in horror when we turn on the news and here of a cop getting killed.
I used to.
I no longer do.
I chuckle to myself and wonder what that pig did to piss off the wrong person.
"probably had it coming" I think to myself.
and the sad FACT is....he prbably DID have it coming to him.
These thoughts scare me because I don't want to think that way and never used to. They are going to push one too many times. They are going to push the wrong guy at the wrong time.
I sincerely wish it didn't have to be this way and hope I am wrong about my dire predictions.

edit to add: these are only predictions and NOTHING more. I reserve the right to be wrong and hope that I am.
edit on 1-2-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-2-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by Screwed

no it is HERE we had are chance to stop it!!! Well that time has come and gone, all we can do now is say ZIG BUSH sit back and think about tomorrow.

edit on 1-2-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

I guess I missed the memo. When did we have an opportunity to stop the erosion of our civil liberties ? After 9/11 the entire government gleefully went bug ass crazy. I don't see either side doing anything to stem the tide of abuses.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

weird whereweareheaded posted the same 4 minutes after you but seems to have been noticed first

for the record i agree with you but don't understand why a need to plant, what with precrime already in force

oh well the mods will sort it out

oh seems the page hadn't refreshed you had 0 flags and no replies and now i find all of these folks ahead of me whatever...

definitely something to be worried about.
especially as regular police retire and are gradually replaced with what seems as the most violent and abusive specimens returning from the "war on terror" who think there is no difference between police work and what they were doing to civilians over there. along with the homegrown bullies/sociopaths that didn't go .

edit on 1-2-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit & additional clarification

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Its because people like me more than DD....

DD just kidding~

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Great minds my brother, great minds.

We almost posted this one simultaniously at the same moment. haha

Crazy story. Without the pics, I wonder just how long this nonsense would have continued on?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Good question, and its disheartening to see these actions across the country, all the while people blind and enjoying their marry *SNIP* ing life? ignorance is bliss apparently~

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

when did we have the chance to stop it??? gee day after 9/11 this past election this up coming election 2012 here let me help you " To the leaders of our great and proud nation of the United States of America, we the people ask that you see to it that thees sad and horrifying events do not infringe nor inhabit our freedoms that have made this nation strong, yes there are precautions that need to take place, but we should stem form denying ones right to free travail free speech and freedom as set forth in the constitution of the United States of America" as it should be written to day" see we had the chance then one voice did not get heard, one voice will never be heard that is the way it is.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Because he's black he has to be a thug?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
where are the bootlickers? or the cops trying to explain that we just don't understand the need for brave enforcers to wear masks?

can you imagine the fear police will live in once SHTF.. americans are much more armed than the egyptians and much more disdained for the cops. how did this happen they will say before being strung up by an angry mob? their answer will be ''cops needed to act like andy griffith, but instead acted like denzel in training day"

as with any thread regarding oinkers--"cops pin on their courage, strap on their balls" -- brave usmc chief warrant officer used to say. and hood their shame should be an added verse.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DuceizBack

Him being african american has NOTHING to do with it.

His wearing a black SKI MASK, and alledgedly stomping on a suspects back and planting drugs in his car, does.

Even his superiors are recognizing the need to put a halt to this behavior.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
This is what happens when Police Officers watch too many episodes of 24 and take too many steroids.

It leads to poor decision making skills which is *NOT* the kind of character trait you want in a Police Officer.

edit on 1-2-2011 by harrytuttle because: typo

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuceizBack
Because he's black he has to be a thug?

Newsflash: Not everyone focuses on skin color above everything else.

Unfortunately, many blacks do exactly that.

I'll tell you what's racist, softballing people because of their color. Going softer on someone or expecting less of them because they are black is condescending and racist. Some who just want it the easy way would actually prefer that to being treated equal. Those people don't want equallity, they just want to get something over on others.

Personally, I'm sick of hearing about all the "black" issues and CNN constantly airing "Black in America." Who gives a cr*p? Hispanics face most of the same issues, deal with the same wage inequality and lifelong citizens are getted painted as foreigners in their own country. Blacks were slaves 150+ years ago. So what? The U.S. government wiped out the Indians and put the survivors on reservations where many still live today in conditions far worse than most blacks face.

The black race card has been played too many times. It will not work anymore in the future.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
what should bother everybody about this is, for every one of these that are seen and documented. how many other people who have profess their innocence really are. if it wasn't for the level headed cop that came back this young man would be in jail. how many others are sitting in prison now because of some corrupt leo.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Boy that didn't take long for someone to play the race card.

I love it how pointing out someone being a P.O.S. is ok unless they're black.
If the POS happens to be black and you point out what a POS they are then you are Racist.lol.
If a President is a POS it is ok to say so.
Unless it's Barrack Obama. That would just be racist.

Back on topic and enough wasting time on P.O.S.

Cops/POS (one in the same all too often) are not here to protect and serve. They (for the most part) are insecure little boys with a badge and a gun who are too drunk on their own sense of imagined power to realise that the only power
they have is the power we let them have.

I always loved the line from the Movie Powder.

After days of being tested,poked,and prodded by scientists and the like, because of his uncanny powers
he says to one of the scientists,

"How long do you think I'm going to let you keep me here"?

lol,

How long do they think the people are going to let them keep their "Authoritahhh"?

new topics

top topics

join