It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I will be off line for the forseeable future

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I wanted to post this because I feel like I have a duty to the ATS forum and the ATS community as a whole. I know that I am not a power poster, I don’t break news, and I really don’t have a following. I just read here, insert my two pennies, and sometimes post news that I find on line. Because of my feeling of responsibility to the site I wanted to take a moment to say that I will not be on as much in the near future.

Last week my oldest child was diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder. This was not really a shock to my wife and I, as our oldest kid has always been a little different to other kids her age. We had been reporting what we were seeing for her entire life and time and time again we were blown off by the doctors as being over vigilant or whatever. Well we got my kid her three year check up a month ago and the doctor then took one look at her and said that she had autism. I later found out that he was an expert in the field of autism so I accepted this diagnosis.

What does this have to do with ATS? Well I do most of my internet browsing and posting at work, and because my local area does not have the treatment centers in the immediate area I'm going to have to move. Not a huge deal, my job luckily allows me to do this and can provide for my family. I don’t expect anything from anyone, but I know how some people are on here. I don’t think it is a secret that I am military. I don’t want to sound big headed but I don’t want anyone to notice my absence and think I'm off doing some sort of disinfo mission or other such nonsense.

Anyway, thanks for your time in this. Hope to be back on soon.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Obinhi

Good luck mate, I wish you and your family all the best.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Good luck to you. As a parent with a child having this problem I understand very well.

Again good luck to you and your family

new topics

join