It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Reveal Cold Behaviour of British Ministers.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Wikileaks Reveal Cold Behaviour of British Ministers.

www.telegr aph.co.uk

A mother who lost her daughter in the Lockerbie attack has condemned the “cold, callous and brutal” behaviour of British ministers after WikiLeaks documents revealed how they secretly advised Libya on securing the successful early release of the bomber.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Documents obtained by the Daily Telegraph show that a Foreign Office minister sent Libyan officials detailed legal advice on how to use Abdelbaset al-Megrahi’s cancer diagnosis to ensure he was released from a Scottish prison on compassionate grounds.

The Duke of York is also said to have played a behind-the-scenes role in encouraging the terrorist’s release.

Susan Cohen, whose only daughter Theodora, 20, was one of 35 students from Syracuse University who died, said: “I am not surprised by this latest news but I am glad it is out there.

“I almost feel like laughing. This confirms everything that we have been saying, that business and oil deals were being done behind the scenes.”

Mrs Cohen attacked the Scottish Government's request for families of the victims to contribute in the lead-up to the decision, noting that the new documents suggest ministers had already made up their mind to approve Megrahi's return home.

Glad to see that wikileaks is still Fighting the Good fight, Wikileaks seems to have revealed the Very souls of Some of the higher powers in england, I mean they have the Nerve to Encourage the release of an Ill Terrorist and yet People are still in prison for not paying their taxes! i do hope wikileaks shows the who the people in power really are Till they see the reality of what they are themselves

www.telegr aph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
And the cables come from American sources while at the same time claiming they know nothing of what is happening!

I would really like to know if any of these documents/cables where used in the recent Senate inquiry? Or did they not have access to all the information available to their government?

Personally I would rather have seen this go to appeal so perhaps we could get to the bottom of what really happened, but I guess we will never know what really happened or even who was really to blame.

All I have been left with is the notion that a massive cover up exists with only little snippets of information leaking out to muddy the waters further, but still not giving any kind of clear indication as to what happened.

edit on 1/2/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Great OP. When I was stationed over in the UK I always figured that the courts were kind of Fed up over there. what with the Baby P case getting such a light punishment and all, and now this. Very fishy.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
only men in suits are protected by our laws. everyone else has to struggle and fight to get any justice .
Nice thread ted !

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Good. It’s the real world, jobs and fuel security often depends on appeasing little tin pot dictators; it’s a luxury to be able to condemn this when people’s livelihoods and pension pots don’t hang in the balance.

Fair enough if you think Megrahi should not have been released but this should come with an acknowledgement that there would have been a negative knock-on effect for a lot of people and not all of them “fat cats”.

edit on 1-2-2011 by Mike_A because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGhostViking

It annoys me that they seem to think in some way That they are Above Been moral And Above How people feel and Live when all they are they for is to do the best thing for The people of britian YET do nothing of the sort

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

I know mate uk and usa are supposed to be the worlds role model . We complain about countries with dictatorships but we ourselves live in one only its invisible .

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGhostViking

Sorry, never heard of the UK being held up as global role model in anything.. What with the troubles, having PMs like Maggie and Blair.. the 70s where a complete mess, and the IMF had to step in... the list is endless.. we, like every other nation are a works in progress

ETA: sorry, I forgot, the perception is that we are the global role model for Big Brother, CCTV and what not.. we're not really held up as good role model really.. which I blends more with the topic of the article, and IMHO is a dig at the previous Gov.

edit on 1/2/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I know what you mean mate , just saying that some people in so called " developing " countries have more freedom than we do .
As time has gone on we have become more and more enslaved and some dont even notice!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGhostViking
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I know what you mean mate , just saying that some people in so called " developing " countries have more freedom than we do .
As time has gone on we have become more and more enslaved and some dont even notice!

Well to be honest I think we are close to recreating the period of dissent from 1810-1840, I think that is why the coalition are pushing the notion that their changes are the greatest reforms since the Great Reform of 1832.

Tho for my neck of the woods I have no idea where they'll deport the people to this time (Swing Riots)
the last time nearly every town and village in the county suffered, it is said to have taken 2-3 generations to recover..

Notably.. 20% of the founding families of one Aussie state come from the political dissidents deported after the Swing Riots (perhaps that explains the Aussie nature
)

Hmmmm... to tie this back to the op somehow, the corruption of the elite is evident.. the US cables show the corruption, corruption they also claim to be unaware of
but still corruption that I feel will lead to political dissent.. and IMHO on the same scale as the period 1810-1840..

new topics

top topics

join