It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Police State is Here! Pekin Man faces Meth Charges: for a shopping list

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
well my friends, the following case shows you can now be arrested for suspicion you no longer have to commit the crime you are presumed guilty until you can prove you are innocent:

Pekin-man-faces-meth-charges

Employees at the Kroger store in Pekin alerted police Wednesday that Leveque had just purchased items including a gallon of Coleman fuel, five boxes of Diamond Head matches and a box of pseudoephedrine, all of which are substances used in producing meth. Using the employees’ description of Leveque’s car, police found him standing outside it and recovered the items.

Leveque has previous convictions for burglary and 11 misdemeanors, according to court records.

that last line is pretty interesting apparently the so called journalist needed to point that out as if it were relevant

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

You dont think him bieng a convicted criminal is relevant to him commiting a crime?

And sorry but this has gone on for a long long time now, 15+ years that i can think of. No death camp yet.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
so it begins "ZIG BUSH DA!!!! VE VILL VIINE VOU VE VILL SE VOU AND VE VILL GETTEN VOU "translates we will find you we will see we will get you , who needs big brother WE DO WE DO, next will be the courts no need to pay for judges, all ready deemed guilty by pears , just see the verdict in the news.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShogunAssassins

You dont think him bieng a convicted criminal is relevant to him commiting a crime?

And sorry but this has gone on for a long long time now, 15+ years that i can think of. No death camp yet.

I'm not a lawyer/legal expert but it is my understanding that his being a con is inadmissible as evidence in court [i could be wrong]

the point of all this is he hadn't even gotten in his car and left the parking lot. let alone started whipping up a batch of meth.

it's called precrime look it up

what, if you buy fertilizer for your garden it's okay to arrest you because the police think you're going to make a bomb?

by the way shogun assassin is one of my favorite Samurai movies despite the bloopers.
edit on 1-2-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I agree with the OP questioning this procedure.

It is not a crime to purchase or own any of these items, so why would he be arrested and/or held? (Unless, of course, we are missing a part of the story.)

However, perhaps it could be considered "suspicious behavior" and brought to a judge to verify if this was probable cause for a warrant to find out whether an actual crime is being committed, but that does not seem to be the case.

Cody Leveque, 23, of 2005 Market St., was charged Friday in Tazewell County Circuit Court on one count each of participating in the manufacture of a substance containing methamphetamine and possession of materials to make the illegal drug.

The point is, yes it is suspicious behavior, and yes his criminal history lends some weight to the suspicious nature of these purchases, but, legally, he has committed no crime and should not be arrested. (Unless, once again, we are missing a part of the story.)

the Billmeister
edit on 1-2-2011 by Billmeister because: repetition

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
What was that movie with Tom Cruise, the pre-crime precogs, thing?
That's what it reminded me of. Now what if the cops just followed him his house, waited for him to start cooking meth and THEN busted him.
Would that have been more appropriate?
edit on 1-2-2011 by beezzer because: poty

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Doesnt matter with meth laws.

en.wikipedia.org...

Would be the latest info i can think of, but you can trace this type of thing back to the early 80's with things like the "Controlled Substance Analogue Enforcement Act "

Its done the same way as say fertalizer for a bomb.. You get such and such you get noticed.
edit on 1-2-2011 by ShogunAssassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ShogunAssassins

What crime? Having purchasing power? This is simply stupid! I buy fuel oil for my emergency heaters, sometime sudafed for colds, sodium hydroxide for my hydrogen cells and powdered cobalt for my magnetic systems. So where is the effing crime? Did he do anything different other than buy stuff? How retarded, it's like, "I saw someone buy some things that could make something that might be against the law if they actually did it at some point in the unknown future."

This alleged crime prevention BS is just that, BS. It's like tickets for speeding or no seat belts, unless you have an accident, then no crime has been committed, it's just another cash cow to suck your hard earned cash out of your pocket for cops and insurance companies. And the victims of crime surcharge, how ridiculous is that, it's a tax is all it is., if it wasn't we would all get a share from having to suffer with a criminal government and usury banking system. We need to return to the sensibilities of common law justice, no victim, no crime.

I hope to hell none of these nosey PC liberal wanks come to me for help if and when SHTF.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Billmeister

the missing part is he bought materials to make meth no i am not saying that was his intention to make meth but heaving the fuel matches and the other in large amounts bought at one store and havering them in a vehicle at the same time, makes me wonder what he needs the stuff for,an other one that comes to mind is a pyro, one that starts fires.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Doesnt matter with meth laws.

en.wikipedia.org...

Would be the latest info i can think of, but you can trace this type of thing back to the early 80's with things like the "Controlled Substance Analogue Enforcement Act "

Its done the same way as say fertalizer for a bomb.. You get such and such you get noticed.

Interesting information.

It seems to deal more with the regulation of over-the-counter sale of these potentially transformed products.

The quoted example of arrest is very relevant to this OP as well.

In September 2006, Tim Naveau was arrested and charged with a Class-B misdemeanor for purchasing Claritin D.[2] Naveau takes one tablet of Claritin D each day to combat allergies, and his teenage son is also an allergy sufferer. Minors are not permitted to purchase pseudoephedrine under the law. Naveau had gone over the legal limit for pseudoephedrine when he purchased extra Claritin D to give to his son before he attended church camp.

the Billmeister

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod

the missing part is he bought materials to make meth no i am not saying that was his intention to make meth but heaving the fuel matches and the other in large amounts bought at one store and havering them in a vehicle at the same time, makes me wonder what he needs the stuff for,an other one that comes to mind is a pyro, one that starts fires.

You are accenting the point I was making originally.

Yes, we can assume he had an alterior motive for his purchases, but the actual purchase is not reason for arrest.

By your logic, filling a canister with gas, and buying a pack of matches in the same transaction could justify your arrest for arson. Thankfully, it does not. Making meth (or setting the fire) is a crime, buying these materials is not.

I must add, that the Combat Methamphetamine Epidemic Act of 2005 (CMEA) posted by ShogunAssassins, may make this a legal arrest, but the sourced article is not complete enough to make this obvious.

the Billmeister

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

three things to ask when it does come to SHTF,
one , have you ever called the Leo's
two have you spied on your neighbor,
three did you vote for bush or bush like officials.
yes it is a sad day when i see things like this one less freedom or one more bad person off the street yes he could have been going to make a camp fire/BBQ fuel, matches and had a nose/ ear infection, looked the drug up.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Ah found him

www.judici.com..., CODY A*

So yeah, he has a variety of charges. Things from traffic to battery to other drug charges.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I didnt say i agree with it or that i dont, what i can say is this has gone on for a very very long time. I dont think it is now changing for better or worse just because you know about it.. lol That came out wrong, my point is this is an old issue, and sure it is wrong but like i said before its gone on since the 80's,... Its not really a sign of a prison state..

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Its not really a sign of a prison state..

So in a country where you're supposed to be innocent until proven guilty, when we go on and continue to arrest people for essentially precrime we're not moving a step towards a police state?

You don't need to be locked up a in a FEMA camp with a gun in your face at all times for it to be a police state.

This guy was more than likely making meth, which doesn't change the fact that he was arrested for buying matches, gasoline, and a readily available chemical.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

you see we have this DHS that has ,well made this country a police state so yes it is the right of anyone to report such activity would i do it depends, some times it is just commonsense, other times it is over reacting and paranoia that will lead to such things as this, we do not now what he was going to use the items for but yet see how fast we are to judge.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

well, yeah, dude. purchasing things isn't a crime, never mind the guys record, just follow and catch him red handed, with video you know create a solid case. what amazes me is the judge just goes along.

oh well i suppose the local privatized prison is short on slave/workers and they more to catch up on some order or something.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ShogunAssassins

the article is too short to know much, i don't recall in the charges anything about violating a parole condition.

but I'll give you a star for spookiness re finding that link, thanks for the new resource

however this is SOP for TCOTBIP they start with people like these to get you used to it.

you know: "first it was the 20 time losers, since i wasn't one, i didn't say/do anything
edit on 1-2-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: spellcheck

top topics

join