It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Hatch on ET

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
The Federal government does not have any information about extraterrestrial life to conceal, and there are no secret projects for me to investigate." (July 7, 2004)

john

www.greaterthings.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Sounds to me he really means...

"I have no idea, nor do i give two hoots"

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
This got me thinking....what if one, just one, high powered official, like a senator or governer, came out in a press conference and said that we do indeed have evidence of ET life. They could not disclose what the press conference was about till he began talking that way he wouldn't be prevented from speaking at all. That would be it I think. One of 2 things would happen.
One, the media would have a field day as this would be the biggest announcement from an public official in probably forever. There is no way, threats or no threats, that you could keep the media, or even the general public from storming the facilites that harbor the evidence. I think people would be willing to die for it.
Two, the public official would be killed (of course it would be staged to look like an accisent) but it wouldn't matter because that would be even more evidence to support his or her claim thus spurring the investigation to dig even deeper.
All it would take is one person in a currently active, high ranking gov't position. No one beleives scientist when they say the have seen them cause they aren't in the public eye and can afford to have thier reputation be blemished.
I think that unless the an alien entity makes a massive debut in front of a HUGE gathering of people (like the olympics, or world series, or super bowl) where it would be recorded and documented to death, let alone seen simultaneously by 10's of thousands of people, the only way a massive inquiry on a grand scale will be done is for a huge public official to come clean on a major network station.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
From the link:

"Finally, on July 7, the Senator mailed a reply in which he said: "As you, I find the possibility of intelligent life on other planets intriguing; however, there is not sufficient evidence to determine whether such life exists. I have reviewed the information you recommended to me, and I can assure you that your concerns are unnecessary. The Federal government does not have any information about extraterrestrial life to conceal, and there are no secret projects for me to investigate."

The full text of the letter is posted for review by the public."

Hatch has assured me so I guess that's it!

So who was that guy...Schiff?...that wasn't given any answers at all about Roswell? But Hatch seems to know for sure that nothing is hidden anywhere in the government.

I don't know what these guys expected, but they need to come to Hatch with more firepower than they did...that was just plain wishfull thinking. C'mon use your heads and at least try to be professional. Where are some other military confessors...some protesters...some video...some pictures...John Mack...?? Very poorly done and they deserved to get the door shut in their face.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Interesting but unshocking. Thanks for the post.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
No one beleives scientist when they say the have seen them cause they aren't in the public eye and can afford to have thier reputation be blemished.

Hmm.. I don't understand why you think a scientist could afford their reputation being ruined..? Bad reputation = no grants.

I think that unless the an alien entity makes a massive debut in front of a HUGE gathering of people (like the olympics, or world series, or super bowl) where it would be recorded and documented to death, let alone seen simultaneously by 10's of thousands of people, the only way a massive inquiry on a grand scale will be done is for a huge public official to come clean on a major network station.

I actually don't think a public official disclosing their alleged knowledge about UFOs would make a huge difference. It wouldn't be too difficult for this person's employer to discredit the person in question (many would say it has already happened a number of times). And if the story seems to good or unbelievable to be true - it probably is, right? I'm sure it would create quite a stir in the UFO community, but what are they going to do about it? Storm Area51?

[edit on 14-7-2004 by Durden]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I actually don't think a public official disclosing their alleged knowledge about UFOs would make a huge difference. It wouldn't be too difficult for this person's employer to discredit the person in question (many would say it has already happened a number of times). And if the story seems to good or unbelievable to be true - it probably is, right? I'm sure it would create quite a stir in the UFO community, but what are they going to do about it? Storm Area51?

Think about it, if Colin Powell held a press conference tonight on live TV and told us that the US had evidence of an alien presence here on earth you don't think that would be the biggest announcement of all time?!? And yes, I do think that would lead a large group of fanatical believers to "Storm Area 51". I mean, this is what they've been waiting for. A senior official of that stature to make the announcement. My guess would be if they made the announcement, they would then back it up, but if not, I think the people would definitely take matters into thier own hands.

Hmm.. I don't understand why you think a scientist could afford their reputation being ruined..? Bad reputation = no grants.

I guess what I really meant was, in the past, credible scientist have already made such claims and nothing has really happened. But they have still gone on to do thier work. No offense to scientist at all!

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
Think about it, if Colin Powell held a press conference tonight on live TV and told us that the US had evidence of an alien presence here on earth you don't think that would be the biggest announcement of all time?!? And yes, I do think that would lead a large group of fanatical believers to "Storm Area 51". I mean, this is what they've been waiting for. A senior official of that stature to make the announcement. My guess would be if they made the announcement, they would then back it up, but if not, I think the people would definitely take matters into thier own hands.

Ok, let's see if I understand you right (english not being my 1st language). Are you saying it would be a single individual, Colin Powell for example, coming out with this information or would it be him representing the Government (ie. this being what the Government wants)? Because I think there's a huge difference there. Sure, the more credible the individual is, the more attention this kind of disclosure would obviously get. But I'm still fairly certain that if Mr Colin Powell were to break a story like this all by himself, with no backing from the Government, he would no doubt be effectively discredited and finally silenced. Supposedly, this have worked before.

And as to the question of storming a highly sensitive, top secret military base - well let's just say I really doubt this would be successful. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

I just hope I live to see this thing happen

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I agree, no-one would do it,

but when i get rich and famous. I will capture an Alien and make him a star attraction in my Alien Circus.....
He can Jump in a bounce ( No More than two foot High)
Wear a clown suit and
Confess to mankind they have been here hiding underground, and eating cows and chickens and stealing peolpe from there beds at night and all along they are going to save us all in the year 2017!

My arse....!

Cows and chickens bit is true though!

Boon_Dog

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
In my scenerio the person in gov't that would make the announcement would not have the backing of the rest of the gov't. I think that the affect would be huge even if someone like Colin Powell made the announcement but didn't inform the rest of the gov't of his intentions. The fact that someone of his stature in this country would be making this announcement would be enough to start a world wide frenzy. The rest of the gov't would be left to scramble around coverig up his statement, but by then it would be too late.

You're right about the storming of gov't facilities being highly unsuccessful, but that may not stop the ones determined to get thier evidence after such a large announcement.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Well I choose to stick to my previous opinion on this one. Though I would love it if Mr Powell proved me wrong

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
[quote]what if one, just one, high powered official, like a senator or governer, came out in a press conference and said that we do indeed have evidence of ET life.

Well, there is a certain congressman (Goldwater) who isn't very happy about cattle mutilations, and who has been very adamant about coverups.

As for Hatch, it's simply his way of saying politely, "I'm not touching that subject with a ten foot pole, lest I be labelled as a kook..."

new topics

top topics

join