It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does it mean to be a follower of Christ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
To be a follower of christ means to be a part of christ. And christ has no blemishes,so you can not be part of him,if you are going to be a blemish on him. And to follow him is to know him. And it also states that if you are not perfect,you cannot say you even somewhat understand christ. To understand christ is to be part of him. And to be part of him is to be perfect. And if you are not part of christ you are part of satan. There is no inbetween. So you could not say,"well not everyones perfect,i go to church and even though what i do is alitttle wrong,everyone i go to church with does the same,so i will do it also."
Yea,you could say that,that is what the devils generation lives by.

There christianity is summed up.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Originally posted by Soke33
John 8:

39 They answered and said unto Him, “Abraham is our father.”
Jesus saith unto them, “If ye were Abrahams children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
40 But now ye seek to kill Me, a Man That hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
41 Ye do the deeds of your father.”
Then said they to Him, “We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.”
42 Jesus said unto them, “If God were your Father, ye would love Me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of Myself, but He sent Me.
43 Why do ye not understand My speech? even because ye cannot hear My word.
44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it…

58 Jesus said unto them, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.”

He denied those people being children of God. He judged them right then and there.

If Jesus was before Abraham, how could Abraham be His father?

FIrst my friend, Jesus Judged them correctly. He judged them as they had judged him.

In that instance, you believe Christ was following lex taliones ~ eye for an eye? Really?

Ye have heard that it hath been said, ‘An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:’
But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. -Matthew 5.38-39

That has to cause one to take pause, don’t you think?

He did eventually turn the other cheek, and they crucified Him. He did come to save that which was lost.

In that instance, He was clearly teaching that there are two different bloodlines among men on earth.

Surely you know this, the kingdom of God is within you.

And when He was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come,
He answered them and said, “The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
Neither shall they say, ‘Lo, here!’ or, ‘lo there!’
for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.”
And He said unto the disciples, “The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see it. -Luke 17.20-22

The word within (21) = in the midst of, or, among: as in already there in the Person of the King (whose presence marks a kingdom). It is the Greek word entos and has the same meaning as the Greek word en’ with the plural rendered among 115 times in the New Testament. This is the case every time that verse is stated in Scripture, which was only when He was actually here on earth…among men.

Once He ascended, His Holy Spirit descended. ’Tis His Holy Spirit in our hearts that gives us the Kingdom of God in us. Father, Son and Holy Spirit are the Holy Trinity taught in Scriptures.

Philip saith unto Him, “Lord, we know not wither Thou goest; and how can we know the way?”
Jesus saith unto him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me.
If ye had known Me, ye should have known My Father also: and from henceforth ye know Him, and have seen Him.”

Philip saith unto Him, “Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.”
Jesus saith unto him, “Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known Me, Philip? he that hath seen Me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, ‘Shew us the Father’?
Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of Myself: but the Father That dwelleth in Me, He doeth the works.
Believe Me that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me: or else believe Me for the very works’ sake.
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on Me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto My Father.
And whatsoever ye shall ask in My name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
If ye shall ask any thing in My name, I will do it. If ye love Me, keep My commandments,
And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you for ever;
Even the Spirit of truth; Whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth Him not, neither knoweth Him: but ye know Him, for He dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. -John 14.8-18

If you are following the teachings of Jesus, Yehoshua, YHVH’S Saviour, without believing He is God, you are committing idol worship. He clearly taught that He was sharing His Own commandments.

You deny too much of His Word to be doing His work, whether it be in ignorance or deception. That is my educated opinion, and I do offer it with all the love I can muster.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

In that instance, you believe Christ was following lex taliones ~ eye for an eye? Really?

Ye have heard that it hath been said, ‘An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:’
But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. -Matthew 5.38-39

No my friend, that is not what I said. He returned their own judgement to them. Judge Not lest ye be judged yourself! He was simply and truly saying, "I know you are but what am I" Peewee Herman got it.

He did eventually turn the other cheek, and they crucified Him. He did come to save that which was lost.

In that instance, He was clearly teaching that there are two different bloodlines among men on earth.

There are two different blood lines. One which is of God and sees all mankind as the same bloodline. The other is of the serpent and has been deceived into thinking they are separate for one reason or another. Now which bloodline are you of?

And when He was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come,
He answered them and said, “The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
Neither shall they say, ‘Lo, here!’ or, ‘lo there!’
for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.”
And He said unto the disciples, “The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see it. -Luke 17.20-22

The word within (21) = in the midst of, or, among: as in already there in the Person of the King (whose presence marks a kingdom). It is the Greek word entos and has the same meaning as the Greek word en’ with the plural rendered among 115 times in the New Testament. This is the case every time that verse is stated in Scripture, which was only when He was actually here on earth…among men.

My friend, do you think by complicating your explanation you have changed the meaning of the word? Did Christ speak in deceptions and illusions or did he tell his truth so simply a child could understand it.

The Kingdom of God is Within you! Where else do you think that you get the life that is inside you? Where else do you think thoughts come from when they are not filtered through the deceptions of the serpent? Were you "Christian" when you were in the womb? Did God not dwell within you there?

Once He ascended, His Holy Spirit descended. ’Tis His Holy Spirit in our hearts that gives us the Kingdom of God in us. Father, Son and Holy Spirit are the Holy Trinity taught in Scriptures.

How do you have knowledge of the Holy Spirit? Have you seen it, have you felt it, does it speak to you?
Have you been thrust down to your knees in Awe at this creation? Have you come face to face with all the Sins you have committed in this life? Have you felt every little ounce of pain that you have caused another for even the slightest injury? Have you begged for forgiveness through an ocean of tears and felt the splendor of the love of God envelope you? Have felt his overwhelming joy fill you up and renew you and make you whole again? Have been so awe struck by his mercy and love that you have forsaken everything in life to be an image of that mercy to all Mankind? Have you seen the Holy Spirit?

Do not talk of things which are Holy if you have not experienced them.

Philip saith unto Him, “Lord, we know not wither Thou goest; and how can we know the way?”
Jesus saith unto him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me.
If ye had known Me, ye should have known My Father also: and from henceforth ye know Him, and have seen Him.”

He is the way, he told how, he showed how, and he died to demonstrate how. All we had to do was follow. Are you following in his foot steps and showing the love of God, his mercy, his love through you?

If you are following the teachings of Jesus, Yehoshua, YHVH’S Saviour, without believing He is God, you are committing idol worship. He clearly taught that He was sharing His Own commandments.

If you are claiming a word, a creation of Man is capable of containing all the love and wisdom of that divine Spirit that moves all things. You fail to understand the meaning of YHWH, and do not know who I AM.

You deny too much of His Word to be doing His work, whether it be in ignorance or deception. That is my educated opinion, and I do offer it with all the love I can muster.

Likewise my sister.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

No my friend, that is not what I said. He returned their own judgement to them. Judge Not lest ye be judged yourself! He was simply and truly saying, "I know you are but what am I" Peewee Herman got it.

Regardless of how you want to dress that up, it is eye for an eye. In principle, you are stating that it is do unto others, as they do unto you; not do unto others, as you would have them do unto you.

If Christ was only a man, He had no right to judge, according to the principles in your speak. Christ commended a disciple for judging rightly (Simon, Luke 7.43).

There are two different blood lines. One which is of God and sees all mankind as the same bloodline. The other is of the serpent and has been deceived into thinking they are separate for one reason or another. Now which bloodline are you of?

My friend, do you think by complicating your explanation you have changed the meaning of the word? Did Christ speak in deceptions and illusions or did he tell his truth so simply a child could understand it.

I regret that you are so offended that you’ve resulted to personal insult and accusation, rather than remaining with the context of His Word:

…be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. -II Timothy 4.2-4

I have enough confidence in His Word that I will continue to suffer affliction for the sake of the Truth.

You started a thread to insult with a smile because of a belief that you are equal to a Perfect Man. How obvious that you are mistaken. You can’t even read correctly.

The Word is a literary masterpiece. It must be savored. One must maturely meditate on the Wisdom principles shared; otherwise, you will continue to understand It as a child drinking milk ~ not growing to enjoy meat.

My reaction is because you are slinging Scripture verses around, like you are playing ball in grade school. How old are you?

The Kingdom of God is Within you! Where else do you think that you get the life that is inside you? Where else do you think thoughts come from when they are not filtered through the deceptions of the serpent? Were you "Christian" when you were in the womb? Did God not dwell within you there?

How do you have knowledge of the Holy Spirit? Have you seen it, have you felt it, does it speak to you?
Have you been thrust down to your knees in Awe at this creation? Have you come face to face with all the Sins you have committed in this life? Have you felt every little ounce of pain that you have caused another for even the slightest injury? Have you begged for forgiveness through an ocean of tears and felt the splendor of the love of God envelope you? Have felt his overwhelming joy fill you up and renew you and make you whole again? Have been so awe struck by his mercy and love that you have forsaken everything in life to be an image of that mercy to all Mankind? Have you seen the Holy Spirit?

Do not talk of things which are Holy if you have not experienced them.

My spirit has always belonged to Christ, and I am fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalms 139.14).

I was actually put on my back for years, as I fought cancer and the effects of it. I was given six months to a year to live, with chronic pain, seven years ago this March. I share my experience and witness, like many others. And, like many others, I am criticized for the saturation of the Holy Spirit in my heart. I do speak of what I know.

If you are claiming a word, a creation of Man is capable of containing all the love and wisdom of that divine Spirit that moves all things. You fail to understand the meaning of YHWH, and do not know who I AM.

EHYH = I AM
YHVH = YAH IS

The verb to be, in the original Hebrew language is HOVEH (with the v sound like in victory), not howeh.

His Sacred Names are locked in Scripture, that no man can change them.

levendwater.org...

I understand the Names and Titles quite well. I took the time and heart to know Him personally, my Ishi.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
What does it mean to fallow Christ?

Some say that to be able to love God you have to first love Christ "Jesus".

The question now becomes: How do we show that we love Jesus?

We dont love Jesus by worshiping him, the cross or the church. We show that we love Jesus by loving each other.

If we love each other we also love Jesus. And we also love God.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
What does it mean to fallow Christ?

Some say that to be able to love God you have to first love Christ "Jesus".

The question now becomes: How do we show that we love Jesus?

We dont love Jesus by worshiping him, the cross or the church. We show that we love Jesus by loving each other.

If we love each other we also love Jesus. And we also love God.

You got it my friend. Simple truth.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I can't stand when people say they don't like Christianity because of the crusades, ( or any other mass murder of people that wouldn't agree to convert because I know there are several) or pedophilia within the Catholic Church. I'm sorry these things happened should they have happened NO, because as you pointed out Jesus' message is one of hope and love not murder or condemnation. On that same note don't blame me I wasn't there I've never killed anyone nor do I try to hit people over the head with a Bible or condem someone to Hell because "there sinners" were all sinners and imperfect "we all fall short the glory of God" and "Judge not lest you be judged" I'm not radical maybe a little conservative but not traditional in all my views. I wish non religious people would be more open minded about modern day religion.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsMeCB

I made the point on another post, but you really have to look at it from a macro and micro level. On the macro level those things go on and religion (all dogmatic religion, not just Christianity) is a mechanism of control. On the micro level, there are really beautiful and loving religious people who are better, and thus the world is better, for thier beliefs. People who have found a lot of benifit and light from their religion (even the dogmatic ones.) I agree-just because bad things were done in the name of or by X religion doesn't mean everybody in that belief system is like that.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Soke33

I apologise for any offence I may have caused with this discussion and the opening thread my sister. The purpose was not to cause offence to anyone, but rather to be a way of sharing the truths spoken by Christ. In our exchanges I was not trying to denigrate your view, but was merely trying to show that I saw them differently. I did not mean to cause you any harm in the process, but regrettably, I did so. I am sorry and will refrain from using Christ's words to explain my own truths again.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

reply to post by Soke33

I apologise for any offence I may have caused with this discussion and the opening thread my sister. The purpose was not to cause offence to anyone, but rather to be a way of sharing the truths spoken by Christ. In our exchanges I was not trying to denigrate your view, but was merely trying to show that I saw them differently. I did not mean to cause you any harm in the process, but regrettably, I did so. I am sorry and will refrain from using Christ's words to explain my own truths again.

With Love,

Your Brother

You've not harmed me.

It is good to share, but there will be ups and downs in establishing truth among people.

While I exalt Christ, I am naturally going to stand out among those who do not. That is nothing new to me.

I'm on top of a hill that I struggled to climb. I cannot be dragged back down the hill, but I try to help people up because there is a lot of room up here.

@];-

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Soke33

You started a thread to insult with a smile because of a belief that you are equal to a Perfect Man. How obvious that you are mistaken.

We all, all of us are equal to a perfect man. We all, all of us are sons and daughters of God.

It is only blindness and sleep that convince us that we are separate from the One, and if we are not separate from the One then we have the seed of God within us and are therefore perfect ourselves. Sin=sleep. Sin=disbelief in our own perfection.

John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Jesus isn't saying that only the born again Christians have power. He is saying that he opened an energetic door for us to be as him, that he trod the path first to show us the way, to show our genes as humanity the way back to our own perfection. "Believeth on me" is a way of saying, believing that we have this power within us.

We, all of us, are gods, but there is only one God, one creator, with three aspects.

The Christian trinity is only one of a number of examples of the esoteric trinity concept.

Take Taoism for example. Long before Christianity the Taoist trinity was:
Yuanshi Tianzun-The Heavenly one of Primeval Origins (God the Creator),
Lingbao Tianzun-The Heavenly One of the spiritual treasure who mediates between heaven and earth (Holy Spirit in Christianity) and
Daode Tianzun-Heavenly one who brings the Dao into manifest effect in the world (like Jesus)

Even Taoism identifies the trinity as being headed by "the heavenly one of primeval origins."

So while none of us is God as considered that way, we are all gods asleep to our own power.

edit on 4-2-2011 by coyotepoet because: spelling

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
reply to post by Soke33

You started a thread to insult with a smile because of a belief that you are equal to a Perfect Man. How obvious that you are mistaken.

We all, all of us are equal to a perfect man. We all, all of us are sons and daughters of God.

It is only blindness and sleep that convince us that we are separate from the One, and if we are not separate from the One then we have the seed of God within us and are therefore perfect ourselves. Sin=sleep. Sin=disbelief in our own perfection.

John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Jesus isn't saying that only the born again Christians have power. He is saying that he opened an energetic door for us to be as him, that he trod the path first to show us the way, to show our genes as humanity the way back to our own perfection. "Believeth on me" is a way of saying, believing that we have this power within us.

We, all of us, are gods, but there is only one God, one creator, with three aspects.

The Christian trinity is only one of a number of examples of the esoteric trinity concept.

Take Taoism for example. Long before Christianity the Taoist trinity was:
Yuanshi Tianzun-The Heavenly one of Primeval Origins (God the Creator),
Lingbao Tianzun-The Heavenly One of the spiritual treasure who mediates between heaven and earth (Holy Spirit in Christianity) and
Daode Tianzun-Heavenly one who brings the Dao into manifest effect in the world (like Jesus)

Even Taoism identifies the trinity as being headed by "the heavenly one of primeval origins."

So while none of us is God as considered that way, we are all gods asleep to our own power.

edit on 4-2-2011 by coyotepoet because: spelling

Well said my friend.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

Men are created from the dust of the ground (organic blood/DNA), and given the breath of life.

So God created man… -Genesis 1.27

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. -Genesis 2.7

Christ was begotten (procreated). If a man begets a son, that child has his blood in him. Christ had not only the breath of life, but the blood of God in Him. That is the blood that spilled from His body on the Cross, and healed the entire earth.

Yet I have set My king
Upon My holy hill of Zion.
I will declare the decree:
The LORD hath said unto Me, “Thou art My Son;
This day have I begotten Thee. -Psalms 2.6-7

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
I am a Christian, and proud to be one. because some perverted the term doesn't mean I reject the term. The term "Christians" was created by those who hated us originally as a term to mock us. They called us "Christians" because they said we wanted to imitate Christ.

Which I do.

wow this couldn't be more true...

this is surely true

thank you NYT

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

What does it mean to be a follower of Christ?

it means just that... to be a follower.

not that you are the Father, Son or the Spirit.

find a church my friend, one that conforms to the trinity...

<< 1   >>

join