It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does it mean to be a follower of Christ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Greetings my Brothers and Sisters,

There are a lot of misconceptions in the world about what it means to be a follower of Christ. Most associate followers of Christ as "Christians" which is the name of the early sect of Christ's followers who walked in his shoes spreading his word and sacrificing themselves to oppression, torture, and death to be a living demonstration of Christ's teachings. "Christian" is not necessarily the name by which you will know a follower of Christ today. That label was usurped by the Roman Empire and transformed into a militant organisation which has been on a mission to drive mankind from God and the liberating teachings of Christ. Christ himself warned that this would happen:

4And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. 5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. 6And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. 8All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Christ gave the world a method to separate the true followers from the false.

15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 19Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

A follower of Christ does not need a label to travel under. He is there to teach the love of Christ and his love was for everyone without judgement. He healed the sick out of love, he raised the cold lifeless dead out of love, he fed the hungry out of love. He lived and died out of love. He asked nothing in return. He did not ask to be worshipped, he simply asked that we love one another. He did not ask us to oppress one another, he asked that we condescend to the lowliest Man that we all be raised up. He did not condemn one single soul, but rather asked us not to judge one another. If this does not sound like the Christians you know, judge them not for they have been mislead by false teachers.

Christ gave but two Great Commandments for which one could enter Heaven:

25And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? 26He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? 27And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. 28And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

Now some have rejected these commandments because they do not believe there is a God. Others practice these things falsely worshipping things that are not God. Was Jesus God?

"Your father Abraham rejoiced as he looked forward to my coming. He saw it and was glad." The people said, "You aren't even fifty years old. How can you say you have seen Abraham?" Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, before Abraham was even born, I Am!" At that point they picked up stones to throw at him. But Jesus was hidden from them and left the Temple.4

"The Father and I are one." Once again the people picked up stones to kill him. Jesus said, "At my Father's direction I have done many good works. For which one are you going to stone me?" They replied, "We're stoning you not for any good work, but for blasphemy! You, a mere man, claim to be God."5

Jesus shouted to the crowds, "If you trust me, you are trusting not only me, but also God who sent me. For when you see me, you are seeing the one who sent me. I have come as a light to shine in this dark world, so that all who put their trust in me will no longer remain in the dark."6

What is Christ saying here? He is the Son of God and he is the Father, but how can that be!

If you had read the Genesis story you will have read:

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

The breath of Life is GOD. Jesus was the breath of Life for he lived. He and the Father ARE One. The only begotten Son of God IS MAN. Jesus was the One who understood this and was trying to get people to understand this. He was God's divine messenger. He did not come to be worshipped like the God Apollo, he came to be followed, to unite man as the Brotherhood of Man, loving one another as they do God the giver of life.

1Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. 2Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 3And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

He that cannot see that he is a Son of God, he that cannot see that his Brothers and Sisters are children of God, that person has been deceived! That person is a child of the deceiver for he loves his family not.

11For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another. 12Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

The message of God from the beginning was to love one another. That is the original Sin. In fact the only sin is to not love one another as Children of God.

4Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. 5And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. 6Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. 7Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. 8He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 9Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 10In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Be not deceived by false teachers who work not in righteousness to unite and love all Mankind as one common family, but love all as you would love the very being who gave you life. By loving all, the darkness that has gripped our world will be drowned in the splendor of Light.

Being a follower of Christ is not about being a Christian. Being a follower of Christ is about being a Child of God, the giver of life. Being a Child of God is being a dispenser of Love.

1. Love your enemies: do good to them that hate you (Matt. 5:44).
2. Resist not evil: if a man smite thee on one cheek, turn to him the other also (Matt. 5:30-40).
3. Avenge not yourselves: rather give place unto wrath: and suffer yourselves to be defrauded (Rom. 12:18, 19).
4. If a man take away thy goods, ask them not again (Luke 6:29, 30).
5. Agree with your adversary quickly, submitting even to wrong for the sake of peace (Matt. 5:25; 1 Cor. 6:7).
6. Labor not to be rich: be ready to every good work, give to those who ask; relieve the afflicted (1 Tim. 6:8; Rom. 12:13; Heb. 13:16; James 1:27).
7. Do not your alms before men: Let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth (Matt. 6:1-4).
8. Recompense to no man evil for evil: overcome evil with good (Rom. 12:17).
9. Bless them that curse you; let no cursing come out of your mouth (Matt. 5:44; Rom. 12:14).
10. Render not evil for evil, or railing for railing, but contrariwise, blessing (1 Pet. 3:9).
11. Pray for them that despitefully use you and afflict you (Matt. 5:44).
12. Grudge not: judge not: complain not: condemn not (James 5:9; Matt. 7:1).
13. Put away anger, wrath, bitterness, and all evil speaking (Eph. 4:31; 1 Pet. 2:1).
14. Confess your faults one to another (James 5:16).
15. Be not conformed to this world: love not the world (Rom. 12:2; 1 John 2:15).
16. Deny all ungodliness and worldly lusts. If thy right hand offend thee, cut it off (Titus 2:13; Matt. 5:30).
17. Servants, be faithful, even to bad masters (Eph. 6:5-8).
18. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate (Rom. 12:16).
19. Owe no man anything (Rom. 13:7,8).
20. In case of sin (known or heard of) speak not of it to others, but tell the offending brother of the matter between thee and him alone, with a view to recovery (Matt. 18:15; Gal. 6:1).
21. Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart (Matt. 22:37).
22. Pray always; pray with brevity and simplicity; pray secretly (Luke 18:1; Matt. 6:7).
23. In everything give thanks to God and recognize Him in all your ways (Eph. 5:20; Prov. 3:6).
24. As you would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them (Matt. 7:12).
25. Take Christ for an example and follow in his steps (1 Pet. 2:21).
26. Let Christ dwell in your heart by faith (Eph. 3:17).
27. Esteem Christ more highly than all earthly things; yea, than your own life (Luke 14:26).
28. Confess Christ freely before men (Luke 12:8).
29. Beware lest the cares of life or the allurements of pleasure weaken his hold on your heart (Matt. 24:44).
30. Love thy neighbor as thyself (Matt. 22:39).
31. Exercise lordship over no one (Matt. 23:11).
32. Seek not your own welfare only, nor bear your own burdens merely, but have regard to those of others (Phil. 2:4; Gal. 6:2).
33. Let your light shine before men: hold forth the word of life. Do good to all men as ye have opportunity (Matt. 5:16; Phil. 2:16; Gal. 6:10).
34. Be blameless and harmless, as the sons of God in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation (Phil. 2:15).
35. Be gentle, meek, kind-hearted, compassionate, merciful, forgiving (2 Tim. 2:24; Titus 2:2; Eph. 4:32).
36. Be sober, grave, sincere, temperate (Phil. 4:5; 1 Pet. 1:13; 5:8).
37. Speak the truth every man with his neighbor: put away all lying (Eph. 4:25).
38. Whatsoever ye do, do it heartily as unto the Lord, and not unto men (Col. 3:23).
39. Be watchful, vigilant, brave, joyful, courteous, and strong (1 Cor. 16:13; Phil. 4:4; 1 Thess. 5:6-10).
40. Be clothed with humility; be patient toward all (Col. 3:12; Rom. 12:12).
41. Follow peace with all men (Heb. 12:14).
42. Sympathize in the joys and sorrows of others (Rom. 12:15).
43. Follow after whatsoever things are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, of good report, virtuous, and praiseful (Phil. 4:8).
44. Refrain utterly from adultery, fornication, uncleanness, drunkenness, covetousness, wrath, strife, sedition, hatred, emulation, boasting, vainglory, envy, jesting, and foolish talking (Eph. 5:3,4).
45. Whatever you do, consider the effect of your action on the honor of God's name among men. Do all to the glory of God (1 Cor. 10:31; 3:17).
46. Reckon yourselves dead to all manner of sin. Henceforth live not to yourselves, but to him who died for you, and rose again (Rom. 6-11; 2 Cor. 5:15).
47. Be zealous of good works, always abounding in the work of the Lord, wearying not in well doing (Titus 2:14; Gal. 6:9).
48. Speak evil of no man (Titus 3:2).
49. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly (Col. 3:16).
50. Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt (Col. 3:8; 4:6).
51. Obey rules; submit to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake (Titus 3:1).
52. Be holy in all manner of conversation (1 Pet. 1:15, 16).
53. Give no occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully (1 Tim. 5:14).

May love fill your heart and be your eternal defence in the darkness ahead.

You will know them by their fruits.

Judge not, Love all, be at peace.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 1-2-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I think for once my opinion will cater to both believers and non-believers.
Christ was the shepherd and the followers the sheep.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
I think for once my opinion will cater to both believers and non-believers.
Christ was the shepherd and the followers the sheep.

This is truth my friend.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Thanks for the affirmation bro.

I like how yo broke this down, so i'm gonna copy and share, yes i'm gonna steal your work, lol, but its all for the betterment of his kingdom

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirKnightE
Thanks for the affirmation bro.

I like how yo broke this down, so i'm gonna copy and share, yes i'm gonna steal your work, lol, but its all for the betterment of his kingdom

You cannot steal what is readily given to all. This is God's work that I am doing, and I am humbled that you wish to share it.

Shine the light my Brother!

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Amen. I don't identify as a Christian though I grew up in a Christian church. Being a follower of Christ however, is exactly how you laid it out. Christ=Unconditional Love. Period. The rest is just control dogma, and you can tell a tree by its fruits. Thank you for your thread.
edit on 1-2-2011 by coyotepoet because: Last sentence.

edit on 1-2-2011 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I am a Christian, and proud to be one. because some perverted the term doesn't mean I reject the term. The term "Christians" was created by those who hated us originally as a term to mock us. They called us "Christians" because they said we wanted to imitate Christ.

Which I do.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
I am a Christian, and proud to be one. because some perverted the term doesn't mean I reject the term. The term "Christians" was created by those who hated us originally as a term to mock us. They called us "Christians" because they said we wanted to imitate Christ.

Which I do.

My friend, when I said I am a Son of God, you called me heretic. When I said we are to love, you called me sinner. When I said that Christ is my Brother, you called me a blasphemer. When I still extended my hand in friendship, you denied me.

Are you truly imitating Christ?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

My friend, when I said I am a Son of God, you called me heretic.

If you're not born again you are not a son of God, you're a son of Adam. Christ would and DID say the same.

When I said we are to love, you called me sinner.

Moot point. We ALL are sinners.

When I said that Christ is my Brother, you called me a blasphemer.

You have stated you're not born again, that's a prerequisite to being a 'brother" of Christ.

When I still extended my hand in friendship, you denied me.

I don't recall this, I can be friends with anyone. Secondly, condemning a person's speech or the idea behind it doesn't mean you don't love them or want to be their friends. Speaking the truth in love is one thing a REAL friend will do. A false friend will allow their companion to do anything and will never lift a finger to suggest they may be in error.

Are you truly imitating Christ?

Depends. I don't think I'll ever be able to fully imitate Him until I'm rid of my sinful nature at the resurrection. But I try to do my best. I think you're focusing solely on the kind words of Jesus and forgetting the extremely harsh words the Lord had for the wolves.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

If you're not born again you are not a son of God, you're a son of Adam. Christ would and DID say the same.

My friend, Christ did not say this thing. Christ said you cannot enter the Kingdom of God unless you are born again. Knowing that you understanding of being "born again" and my understanding are at odds, I did deny to be born again.

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Jhn 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? Jhn 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and [of] the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. Jhn 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Jhn 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

All Mankind are the Children of God, yet all Mankind are not born again. Being born again is not something Man can choose, but something that happens. I have been born again in the spirit. I have felt every injury I have visited upon my fellow man in my life. I have felt their pain which I have caused. I have had my eyes opened to the Kingdom of God, and it is right here in front of us. Once you are born again, you will not sin again. You know the pain you cause others by every judgement you issue against them. To be born again is to see not to sin again.

Moot point. We ALL are sinners.

Forgive those who have sinned against you, and forgive yourself for sinning against others. Then do not sin again. You can choose to sin or not sin. It is in your power.

You have stated you're not born again, that's a prerequisite to being a 'brother" of Christ.

No it isn't. Christ is a Brother to all Mankind, whether they acknowledge him as such or not. We are ALL Brothers and Sisters. Those who think otherwise have been deceived. Do not be a child of the deceiver my friend.

I don't recall this, I can be friends with anyone. Secondly, condemning a person's speech or the idea behind it doesn't mean you don't love them or want to be their friends. Speaking the truth in love is one thing a REAL friend will do. A false friend will allow their companion to do anything and will never lift a finger to suggest they may be in error.

Then again I offer my hand in friendship.

Depends. I don't think I'll ever be able to fully imitate Him until I'm rid of my sinful nature at the resurrection. But I try to do my best. I think you're focusing solely on the kind words of Jesus and forgetting the extremely harsh words the Lord had for the wolves.

To sin is to not love. The world is a cold place where love is despised as the way of the weak and hate and judgement sit high on Man's mind. What ever has harmed you that causes you to build walls between your fellow man and your own heart, I hope that you find healing that you can love without judgement.

With Love,

Your Brother

Here is another being "Born Again"

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I believe many people in this country tend to think they have the answer instead of truly researching. (X + Y= Your answer) (example John Doe has his mind made up the about Christianity before he does research) Leaving you searching for answers that make your statement true, instead of seeking the truth. This is the true meaning of ignorance. ( A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.)
Albert Einstein

Jesus is my lord and savior. Keep spreading the word brother.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The way l see it is simple. First you put yourselves in the shoes of Jesus. 2010 years after his birth he returns, say tomorrow. He looks around, what does he see? Christians ignoring the commandments they were given by his father, He sees the folk praying on a sunday to his father and himself. Monday, killing men women and children who live in far off countries, who have done them no wrong, with a bible in one hand and their fingers on the trigger of some of the most deadliest weapons known to humanity. He sees people being killed just because the colour of their skin is different to their own. He sees the christians in the vatican awash with sexual perversity. He will see the starvation then turn his head and see the insane greed. He will also see the doctors who took the hippocratic oath to save lives knowingly medicate patients with drugs that make people worse because big "Pharma" takes care of them if they do. God gave us dominion over the birds of the air, the fish in the sea and all the animals on this planet. ln other words he made us caretakers of this beautiful planet. How have we cared for these beautiful creatures? We kill them horribly for food when there is no need, the Jains are living proof of that. lf we are not killing for food we kill for sport or because the animals happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Oh yes, we certainly have learnt the art of killing. Jesus would be so proud. Now, at last we have taken the technology that could have been used for so many wonderful things like healing, making the blind see, free energy and so much more and turned it into the most destructive force on the planet. How is it that song goes? Ah Yes, Onward christian soldiers. Yes, Jesus would be sooooooo proud of us all. l bet he's sitting outside Haarp now wondering how we could get the spelling so wrong. How do you think he will feel knowing we have been worshipping him for 2010yrs and not had one ounce of RESPECT for one word he said. Peace and very little hope starchild.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by star child
How do you think he will feel knowing we have been worshipping him for 2010yrs and not had one ounce of RESPECT for one word he said. Peace and very little hope starchild.

All these things he knew would be done. So, he warned about them.

Concern yourself not with these things my friend. Worry only what you can do to show the world how to love. The rest is in God's hands. All things will be made right. Have faith.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
lf he knew all these things would happen why did he bother coming in the first place. Also, why did God place the tree in the garden of eden if he knew what the outcome would be. Why was he so nasty when he found out that Adam and eve ate the fruit from the tree. seems a bit like overkill to me, not the act of a forgiving loving God. Peace starchild.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by star child
lf he knew all these things would happen why did he bother coming in the first place. Also, why did God place the tree in the garden of eden if he knew what the outcome would be. Why was he so nasty when he found out that Adam and eve ate the fruit from the tree. seems a bit like overkill to me, not the act of a forgiving loving God. Peace starchild.

He came to teach mankind what they had forgotten, to love God and one another. He came at a time when mankind was wedged between various cults, a harsh Judaic Priesthood, and the Roman Empire. Between these forces man was divided, judged harshly, and viciously oppressed. He came with the message to stop judging each other, love each other, and love this creation that God had gifted us. These are simple truths that were the foundation of what the Hebrew Prophets had been trying to tell mankind. However, the lessons of the Prophets had been obfuscated by the Pharisees and Saduccees as they hungered to gain more and more power over their tribes. His teachings conflicted with the aims of the Roman Empire as well. You cannot control a people who shun the benefits of money, power, and technology in favor of humbly working together in peace and love. So, Christ was put to the cross because the powers that be did not want the people to be free. Christ would not allow his followers to fight back in his defence. To do so would go against his teachings of loving everyone and would only corrupt his teachings. Violence does not end violence, ever.

The tree in the Garden of Eden is a metaphor my friend. At one point in time Mankind lived peacefully and walked the world discovering the wonderful gifts they had been given. The tree of knowledge represents Mans transition from a peaceful state of being, to the hierachical structure of early civilization. Rather than be ruled by God and love one another, the chose instead the beastly path of dominating each other. From their the early civilizations were born, and peace between Man had been lost. Ever since then, man has been finding one God after another and fighting each other for his affection. All he ever wanted was for us to peacefully exist loving what he had gifted us, discovering it, and multiplying.

We will get back on this path my friend. Look up! God has gifted us a HUGE backyard to explore. It is time we return to exploring and loving, lest we destroy ourselves. I promise you God will not let that happen. There is a lot of love in the world. If you can get past the pain of this existence and show the world how to love, you make his job that much easier.

We are all Children of God my friend. The love you feel in your heart, is his touch letting you know he is there.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
You and I had this discussion on another thread, and my answer remains the same.

Originally posted by Soke33

With the verses quoted to support that thought, I can only conclude that you believe man was created equal with Christ, God in the flesh.

Yes and No. I believe Man is created equal with Christ, but I do not believe Christ is God in the flesh, but rather part of God.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. -John 1.1

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. -John 1.14

If the Word was God, It is still God, in any form.

Saying, “We give Thee thanks, O LORD God Almighty, Which art, and wast, and art to come; because Thou hast taken in Thee Thy great power, and hast reigned…” -Revelation 11.17

Christ never asked to be deified.

Christ is the Son of God, so are we children of God. (Spirit)
Christ is the Son of Man, so are we children of men (flesh)
Christ is my Brother.

When God stated, “Let Us make man in Our image,” He included Himself. That is Who Christ is, God Himself, and it is emphatic throughout His entire Word.

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: 42For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: 43I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. 44Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? 45Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. 46And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

In quoting these verses in this context, we find ourselves with me asking you a question you asked me earlier in the discussion.

Are you saying there is something impure in God that must be purified in this life?

What about this?

What is man, that Thou art mindful of him?
And the son of man, that Thou visitest him?
For Thou hast made him a little lower than the angels,
And hast crowned him with glory and honour.
Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of Thy hands;
Thou has put all things under his feet… -Psalms 8.4-6

This is a description of God's relationship with Man, all of us.

That is a description of God’s relationship with mortal man, yes. Christ was not a mortal man. I believe I have shown my belief of that with the above replies; mortal = liable to die. Do you believe that God is liable to die?

“…God is Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth.” -John 4.24

How does one worship another equal to themselves? He must be exalted. We cannot see ourselves equal with Him and remain humble before all the power and glory that is His.

One is perfect because He was begotten. The rest of us are created and under His feet.

I do not recall a scripture where Christ is making this claim. Could you provide it for me?

I quoted it in in a former response:

The LORD said unto my Lord, "Sit Thou at My right hand,
Until I make Thine enemies Thy footstool." -Psalms 110.1; Matthew 22.44

This is a plan of action. (In the original language) YHVH said to Yehoshua, Jesus, to sit at HIS right hand. The Messiah is at HIS right hand.

Why would such a passage be attributed to Christ?

While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them,
Saying, “What think ye of Christ? whose Son is He?”
They say unto Him, “The Son of David.”
He saith unto them, “How then doth David in spirit call Him Lord, saying,
‘The LORD said unto My Lord, ’Sit Thou on My right hand, till I make Thine enemies Thy footstool?’ ’
If David then call Him Lord, how is He his Son?”
And no man was able to answer Him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask Him any more questions. -Matthew 22.41-46

He loved Man so much he gave his life for him.

We agree on this. That is because only God in the flesh could be the Lamb without blemish, for sacrifice for the sins of the world.

THE LORD is my strength and song,
And is become my salvation.
The voice of rejoicing and salvation is in the tabernacles of the righteous:
The right hand of the LORD doeth valiantly.
The right hand of the LORD is exalted:
The right hand of the LoRD doeth valiantly.
I shall not die, but live… -Psalms 118.14-17

Love IS the truth.

The Word is God; God is Truth; Truth is Love; God is Love. They all go together.

We therefore ought to receive such, that we might be fellowhelpers to the truth. -III John 8

www.abovetopsecret.com...

People choosing what they will believe is what determines their worship practices, whether it be the seal of God or the mark of the beast.

Yes, Jesus is mentioned in other faiths, as a prophet or teacher. If that is your belief, why not use the writings from that faith? Why quote only some Scripture? That is why people assume you are Christian. I think that is a very deceptive practice, when you continue to do it without clarifying your faith, even if it is done with a smile. The combination of the Old and New Testaments of the Holy Bible are that of those believing Christ is GOD.

Example: the Qu’ran of the Islamic faith, Muslim. They would never accept all of The Scriptures, especially in the original Hebrew language, and I’ll show you one reason why.

Daniel 11.36-45 teaches of the willful king, symbolic of antichrist (instead of Christ).

38 But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.

The “God of forces” is the god of fortresses. The original Hebrew name for this is god is Ma’ uzzim. Sure sounds an awful lot like muslim to me.

The People of Christ dwell without needing a fortress; we are under His wings.

Christ is The Word, and He has foretold us all things. In my opinion, if one is going to quote some of the Bible to support their worship, they should be ready to accept any other Wisdom revealed therein.

With Love,
Soke

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

People choosing what they will believe is what determines their worship practices, whether it be the seal of God or the mark of the beast.

I do God's will my friend, nothing more nothing less. Have I presented anything that is not truth in the OP?

Yes, Jesus is mentioned in other faiths, as a prophet or teacher. If that is your belief, why not use the writings from that faith? Why quote only some Scripture? That is why people assume you are Christian. I think that is a very deceptive practice, when you continue to do it without clarifying your faith, even if it is done with a smile. The combination of the Old and New Testaments of the Holy Bible are that of those believing Christ is GOD.

There is no deception my friend. I am not Muslim nor Christian. I am a follower of Christ. Have I presented anything that is not truth? Are you saying he did not say these things I have presented?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Have I presented anything that is not truth in the OP?

Yes, you made a lot of mistakes that are obvious, but I am not going to pick apart such a long post. I will show one:

A follower of Christ does not need a label to travel under. He is there to teach the love of Christ and his love was for everyone without judgement. He healed the sick out of love, he raised the cold lifeless dead out of love, he fed the hungry out of love. He lived and died out of love. He asked nothing in return. He did not ask to be worshipped, he simply asked that we love one another. He did not ask us to oppress one another, he asked that we condescend to the lowliest Man that we all be raised up. He did not condemn one single soul, but rather asked us not to judge one another. If this does not sound like the Christians you know, judge them not for they have been mislead by false teachers.

John 8:

39 They answered and said unto Him, “Abraham is our father.”
Jesus saith unto them, “If ye were Abrahams children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
40 But now ye seek to kill Me, a Man That hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
41 Ye do the deeds of your father.”
Then said they to Him, “We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.”
42 Jesus said unto them, “If God were your Father, ye would love Me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of Myself, but He sent Me.
43 Why do ye not understand My speech? even because ye cannot hear My word.
44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it…

58 Jesus said unto them, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.”

He denied those people being children of God. He judged them right then and there.

If Jesus was before Abraham, how could Abraham be His father?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

John 8:

39 They answered and said unto Him, “Abraham is our father.”
Jesus saith unto them, “If ye were Abrahams children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
40 But now ye seek to kill Me, a Man That hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
41 Ye do the deeds of your father.”
Then said they to Him, “We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.”
42 Jesus said unto them, “If God were your Father, ye would love Me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of Myself, but He sent Me.
43 Why do ye not understand My speech? even because ye cannot hear My word.
44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it…

58 Jesus said unto them, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.”

He denied those people being children of God. He judged them right then and there.

If Jesus was before Abraham, how could Abraham be His father?

FIrst my friend, Jesus Judged them correctly. He judged them as they had judged him. They were accusing him of having a devil, so he turned it back on them.

As far as being before Abraham, he is referring to the animating spirit of the flesh that is him. That animating spirit is God, the same God that was before Adam, before Abraham, and still today permeates and animates us all. It is the source of all love and wisdom within us. It predates creation and is of the mind of the creator himself.

Surely you know this, the kingdom of God is within you.

With Love,

Your Brother

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join