It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else feel as though they're "falling asleep"?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
After reading the thread, "WOW many folks are waking up spiritually", I wanted to ask, how many of you have recently gone the opposite way?

I've always been a very "spiritual" person and I have had a few personal significant spiritual experiences in my life which have been my "proof" that there is more to this world and life than meets the eye. Every single experience I've had in my life has convinced me of this....

Until, recently... something inside me has changed and I've been feeling completely differently about things. This is not like me at all. I understand that perhaps, something might happen in a person's life which might make them look at things differently, but nothing significant has happened lately and my beliefs have never changed. Any experience, (especially the bad ones), has just reinforced what I had already believed.

It's not as though I've "matured" and part of my mind has started to question everything either, because I've always questioned everything that has happened to me and in the world around me and I always try to look at everything as logically as I can.

I'm not depressed, I'm actually really happy at the moment.

I guess I feel like I've always lived life in colour, and now everything has turned to black and white. Does that make sense?

Wonder if anyone else feels this way....?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

The further you drift away and separate your self from spirituality/religious beliefs the happier you will become. I'm speaking from personal experience. There will probably be a million people that disagree with me but when you free your self from spiritual and religious restrictions You will start living life to it's fullest potential, And then you will be able to look at it from a different point of view one day, and realize how stupid Religion truly is. I'm not saying to give up faith...Just religion Because I never lost faith I find faith in every single human beingIi come into contact with, I find faith Every time someone touches my life, or I touch theres. See heres the funny thing about life...It's a very human thing. HAHA. Don't stress about the after life. Just worry about the now and concentrate on living to the fullest.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by KatieVA
After reading the thread, "WOW many folks are waking up spiritually", I wanted to ask, how many of you have recently gone the opposite way?

I've always been a very "spiritual" person and I have had a few personal significant spiritual experiences in my life which have been my "proof" that there is more to this world and life than meets the eye. Every single experience I've had in my life has convinced me of this....

Until, recently... something inside me has changed and I've been feeling completely differently about things. This is not like me at all. I understand that perhaps, something might happen in a person's life which might make them look at things differently, but nothing significant has happened lately and my beliefs have never changed. Any experience, (especially the bad ones), has just reinforced what I had already believed.

It's not as though I've "matured" and part of my mind has started to question everything either, because I've always questioned everything that has happened to me and in the world around me and I always try to look at everything as logically as I can.

I guess I feel like I've always lived life in colour, and now everything has turned to black and white. Does that make sense?

The worry I have when I read your post, is the concern of Lithium in your water.
Lithium in water is a reality. It can dull your spiritual connection and take a world of color, and turn it to gray.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
reply to post by KatieVA

The further you drift away and separate your self from spirituality/religious beliefs the happier you will become. I'm speaking from personal experience. There will probably be a million people that disagree with me but when you free your self from spiritual and religious restrictions You will start living life to it's fullest potential, And then you will be able to look at it from a different point of view one day, and realize how stupid Religion truly is. I'm not saying to give up faith...Just religion Because I never lost faith I find faith in every single human beingIi come into contact with, I find faith Every time someone touches my life, or I touch theres. See heres the funny thing about life...It's a very human thing. HAHA. Don't stress about the after life. Just worry about the now and concentrate on living to the fullest.

That's a good way of looking at it and perhaps part of me just desperately wants to get on and live my life rather than question everything all the time.

I should clarify however that I'm not religious at all!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by yesIAM

Originally posted by KatieVA

The worry I have when I read your post, is the concern of Lithium in your water.
Lithium in water is a reality. It can dull your spiritual connection and take a world of color, and turn it to gray.

If this is the case then I'm sure many others will be posting and saying they feel the same way...?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I would say, give it a few days and see what happens.

"The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you.
Don't go back to sleep.
You must ask for what you really want.
Don't go back to sleep.
People are going back and forth across the doorsill
where the two worlds touch.
The door is round and open.
Don't go back to sleep."
-Rumi

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
maybe...
Havent spent a lot of time doing anything much just existing fom day to day lately going through the motions of existance, but not taking out any new library books or playing or even staying in prectice on my personal choice of instrument, and i have somne fine one even...
not intiiating anything new or even contemplating same...
Watching the misery spread far and wide around the whole world like a blanket of evil.
darkness seems to be creeping in every corner of society.....
pollution, war, pestilence, discrimination and slavery of many kinds flourish, the very underpinnings of human morality, the basics which everyone human understands....just totally swept aside.
realising im too old to do anything signifigant or even partly positive, besides one mans tiny contribution like a miniscule drop in a bucket of tears.
i musst admit to sleeping a bit in the afternoons sometimes which i have never been able to do before...
hmmmmmm
Paxil anyone?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

At times i feel Like im in some way Been "Doped" By things such as religion and T.V, Its like i want to Acheive so many great things yet have been programmed not to even bother and just to keep working

Its a sad thing because if i dont think i was essentially "Doped" in a such a way i would have much more of a story to tell, But i imagine a lot of people are the same way

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
reply to post by KatieVA

Just a reminder, spirituality doesn't equal religion. Try to separate those two.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
reply to post by KatieVA

At times i feel Like im in some way Been "Doped" By things such as religion and T.V, Its like i want to Acheive so many great things yet have been programmed not to even bother and just to keep working

Its a sad thing because if i dont think i was essentially "Doped" in a such a way i would have much more of a story to tell, But i imagine a lot of people are the same way

You've hit the nail on the head there. I was talking to someone recently about how I've always had issues with motivating myself, and that I feel there are so many great things that I could acheive, but I can never be bothered to get off my arse and acheive them. Sometimes I'll have a couple of days where I'll be on some kind of "high" and I'll do things I wouldn't normally bother with and I'll feel really proud of myself and wonder why I never found it that easy before...but before I know it, I'm back to my old self again. Sucks, eh?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

Yep thats exactly What i mean

Some days i wake up feeling full of Spirit and Cazaz, But it seems only to be on the days that i chose not to notice all the Unhappiness in the world, I think the very Way the world is, Is stopping Humans from acheiving their full Potential as a race

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

reply to post by KatieVA

I think the very Way the world is, Is stopping Humans from acheiving their full Potential as a race

Yeah that's spot on.

I blamed my motivation problems on all the weed I used to smoke as a teenager, but perhaps there's more to it than that. I've never been able to work out what my problem is!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

Blame the fact That there Absolutely nothing in the World to Motivate you, Theres Hardly anything Inspiring on this Planet Compared to things that Have a negative effect on the way we see the World, How can 1 good person surrounded by anger, councill estates, smog and Ignorance achieve anything great?

I cant see how weed would effect you in such a way, Infact weed probably just ease's the Insanity of everyday life

edit on 1/2/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

I feel exactly the same ...you made a perfect description of myself including the possible motivation problems because of weed xD

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

I feel exactly the same way. I feel that I have been taking steps backward and everything does seem dull. I can't pinpoint why this is happening either?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Student X

thanks student X....a wonderful little poem there from Rumi

"Never forget to remember "

how easy it is to let the world and all it's drama back in
so that it can leave dust all over the mirror.

At this space in time the human psyche is heavy and dark and it is hard to walk through this mud with out feeling bogged down by it's very low energy

it kind of sticks.... all over you ..

I have also noticed this happening with a lot of my spiritual friends

noticed also that many good spiritual websites/forums have been closing down

like something knocked the stuffing out of them ...

anyone else notice this ?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by xsheep

like something knocked the stuffing out of them ...

anyone else notice this ?

Yeah, ever since the new year I have had the feeling that a spiritual war of sorts is going on. I think the waves of animal and fish deaths are collateral damage of the 'war in heaven', to put it in Biblical terms. I have been having some personal mystical experiences that suggest it...visions and dreams that have me baffled. Hearing testimony like yours also points me to a 'heavenly war' theme. Also, people often post their dreams on ATS, and I have noticed commonalities that tell me something is going on in the Pleroma, the collective psyche, or for the Jedi out there - a disturbance in the Force.

It reminds me of Revelations 12:17 - "and the dragon was angry against the woman, and went away to make war with the rest of her seed, those keeping the commands of God, and having the testimony of Jesus Christ."

edit on 1-2-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I don't call it "falling asleep" but it is kind of like that. I call it a lack of motivation and inspiration by the OUTER world. It's like a turning within... trying to find the inspiration and motivation WITHIN. That been there done that feeling and a sense of boredom with the outer dramas...not apathy exactly...but a "I'm tired" of it. That the outer is never going to fill the void...never..That we once believed it, were sure it was "out there somewhere"...and alas...tis NOT.
so what now?

But I do think your term falling asleep is more accurate than most realize. I do believe we are closer to "source" in our dream state and subconscious state.. So moving toward that calm, still state of falling asleep is more closely related to our "natural" state. One of letting go of Mind Puzzles... of letting it all go. Of relaxing and surrender.
edit on 1-2-2011 by seagrass because: an additional thought

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by America?

Its because your treating life as it is now and not what in will be If you look at it positively, Every persons life ends but its not about how things are going for you now, Look to the end and realise that by that time you will be more of a person, you will have learned, you will have acheived things that others havent. To focus On Now is to ignore the future and ignoring the future is to not learn from your past

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

reply to post by America?

Its because your treating life as it is now and not what in will be If you look at it positively, Every persons life ends but its not about how things are going for you now, Look to the end and realise that by that time you will be more of a person, you will have learned, you will have acheived things that others havent. To focus On Now is to ignore the future and ignoring the future is to not learn from your past

That is BS. Now is all you have. We have looked to the "future" for way too long. We have looked to the "past" for way too long. What you "will" be.. humph. What you ARE! what you achieve? that other's haven't? pfff.
To focus on Now is all you got buddy. there is nothing else! Only NOW. BE. BE NOW. That is how you learn.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join