It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Gates, Vaccines, and the "Depopulation" Myth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Some time ago, there was a burst of threads and posts about a TED talk Bill Gates gave, part of which related to his foundation's push for vaccination in poorer nations. One remark in particular seemed to set some members off, as to them, it suggested that he wanted to use vaccines to "sterilise" or some other insidious plot.

Now, the more level-headed members were quick to point out that even a basic understanding of the context would show that is incorrect, that he was instead referring to health and education in general producing smaller families. The more conspiracy-minded members poo-poo'd this and assured everyone else that Gates was some sort of reptilian monster that was using alien-derived vaccines to sterilize the world (or something like that).

On last night's "The Daily Show", this statement was put into even further context, as Mr. Gates very clearly states, while talking about the plan to spread polio vaccines to Pakistan, India, and parts of Africa, that families that receive vaccinations (and thus don't have children die) tend to produce smaller families, as they aren't afraid they will have to replace a child.

Here is the link to the episode, Additionally, here is a study from India about the inverse relationship between child vaccination status and family size (if you can't access the full-text here, you should be able to at a public or university library).

Can we put this ridiculous "Bill Gates is sterilising" people myth to rest now?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

Sorry Im still unconvinced.
I also don't lick #@$# of such individuals. Silly willy zoinks, Jeepers, Kriky zany conspiracy theories holy cow!
That was my second line.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Thanks for the rational response to this topic.

It would be extremely unlikely that he'd openly admit sterilization and depopulation EVEN IF he meant it.

You know, not everything is a conspiracy, people.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by gandalph

Well then there you have it. Yet another crack pot conspiracy theory put to rest and debunked permanently by the more "Level headed" members of ATS.

Kudos!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
With the Gates foundation also supporting genetically modified mosquitoes it does make for one hell of an air force if that is his intentions. news.sciencemag.org...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
To those without access to the study referenced in the OP -

uploaded the fulltext pdf here

now readable if interested.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jjjtir

Thanks, jjjtir! I hadn't had a chance to find a free full-text yet, so I appreciate you doing the legwork for me.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Yes, usually when overall living standards increase, then the overall trend will be a drop in birth rate.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

Exactly. This is what Gates was refering to in his previous TED talk about increased immunization leading to a drop in local populations.

I'm glad some people seem to get this =)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Sorry I can't go with it - these guys are all owned and the science they spit out is controled - I guess it comes down to trust and I"m afraid I don't trust any of them.
Just read this article:
______beforeitsnews/story/392/886/Bill_Gates_and_the_Pansexual_Agenda.html

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
India close to wiping out polio - thanks to ongoing vaccination programmes.

Thanks Bill & eeveryone involved for your foresight and refusal to buckle to the conspiracy lynch mobs!

yeah it's an old thread - but at least it's from this year!!

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I would point out however the crowd laughing at his comments

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seekeye2
Sorry I can't go with it - these guys are all owned and the science they spit out is controled - I guess it comes down to trust and I"m afraid I don't trust any of them.
Just read this article:
______beforeitsnews/story/392/886/Bill_Gates_and_the_Pansexual_Agenda.html

No thanks - I suggest you read this - www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: VneZonyDostupa

we will depopulate, if we do it to an extreme could be a great story to tell for future generations about how we #ed this planet sideways

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   
well i still have doubts over the safety of vaccine. i have heard several experts in that field publicaly denounce vaccine safety and science.

now some proponents have angrily lashed out at these experts and accusing them of disinforming and damaging vaccine protection as they like to beleive.

i recall reading reports about how much money vaccine manufacturers make, fact 1.

fact 2, manufacturers are not held liable by law, governmetn protects them, now that feel wrong right there.

fact 3, cases of children developing mental disabilities around same time they received the vaccines. unless they are all coincidences.

now i dunno about depopulation myth, but if you get a shot and come back retarded, what you gonna do? oh right you won't have the iq to care if that happens....

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

I agree cheers Bill.
Signed the world.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: alansmms

The benifits from vaccines outweigh any risks.
Ever had polio? No? Thank vaccines.

top topics

join