It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proctor and Gamble something fishy ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Okay I'm sure there are a multitude of people on here that have heard of Proctor and Gamble.

For those that have not they own the following brands:

'' * Ariel is a brand of laundry detergent/liquid available in numerous forms and scents.
* Bounty is a brand of paper towel sold in the United States and Canada.
* Braun is a small-appliances manufacturer specializing in electric shavers, epilators, hair care appliances and blenders.
* CoverGirl is a brand of women's cosmetics.
* Crest/Oral B is a brand of toothpaste and teeth whitening products.
* Dawn/Fairy is a brand of dishwashing detergent.[16]
* Downy/Lenor is a brand of fabric softener.
* Duracell is a brand of batteries and flashlights.
* Fusion is a brand of men's wet shave razors and is the quickest P&G brand to have reached $1 billion in annual sales.
* Gain is a brand of laundry detergent, fabric softeners and liquid dish soap.
* Gillette is a brand of safety razor and male grooming products.
* Head & Shoulders is a brand of anti-dandruff shampoo and conditioners.
* Olay is a brand of women's skin care products.
* Oral-B is a brand of toothbrush, and oral care products.
* Pampers is a brand of disposable diaper and other baby care products.
* Pantene is a brand of hair care products (conditioners/styling aids).
* Pringles is a brand of potato chips.
* Ace/Tide is a brand of laundry detergent.
* Wella is a brand name of hair care products (shampoo, conditioner, styling, and hair color).
* Always/Whisper is a brand of pantyliners sold primarily in Asian markets.
* Flash/Mister Clean is a brand of multi-purpose cleaner, and spray sold in the United States and Great Britain.''

Wiki info

To cut a long story short I was writing a letter of complaint about a new variation of pampers. There crap and so far have pissed me off every day.

So here's me digging around for an address to send to and get my point across. Mainly their world head office in good old USA.

Next step to locate the board of directors, which is when I came across something fishy.

According to wiki:

''The board of directors of Procter & Gamble currently has thirteen members: Robert A. McDonald, Charles Lee, Ralph Snyderman, M.D., Margaret Whitman, James McNerney, Johnathan Rodgers, Ernesto Zedillo, Scott Cook, Rajat Gupta, Patricia A. Woertz, and Kenneth Chenault''

That's 13 members. But according to my first list I found there are 14. The missing person from the list is none other than Norman R. Augustine Retired Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Lockheed Martin Corporation.

I found his name on a list here.

Information on Norman R. Augustine

Looks like the above wiki profile was pulled from Nasa's website here, which confirms his involvement with not just Proctor and gamble, but also Black & Decker and some major gas company called Conco Phillips.

After some more digging around it turns out he left Procter and Gamble in 2010 after 18 years link

He was also at some point apart of the Presidents committee of advisor's on science and technology. I could only trace him to this letter addressed to president Clinton here

So what the hell was this guy doing involved in a multi-billion dollar producer of consumer goods ?

I highly doubt he is designing the next generation of Gillette razor blades or worrying about the next flavour of pringles !

I've read posts on here before stating how all the major companies in the world are owned and controlled by ''TPTB'', and to be honest I thought some of them were fruitcake crazy.

Now it's me feeling fruitcake crazy, with a high desire to don a tinfoil hat.

Why couldn't the pampers have been perfect ?

Ramble over

Regards

Red

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
They've moved manufacturing of almost every product to China.

Chinese laborers found out how to make those things and are now making their own knock-offs.

Sending Proctor and Gamble down a downward spiral it will never recover from. Even with all those big wigs trying to think of ways to keep making a profit. They won't last much longer.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Red_xi

I remember as a child around 7 or 8 in the 80's there was come sort of conspiracy with the company and the devil. I, at the time lived in rural South Carolina and even we new about it. It got so bad for the company with the accusations, that the company changed it's logo at the time. I can remember at the time I thought it was a little strange, but my mother took it seriously. I havn't thought of it since then. Maybe I should revisit now that I am older and wiser! Thanks.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
See what happens when the awake start questioning?
Good digging!

Just curious - do the pampers have too much fluff, like all the toilet paper, now?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsEvolutionBaby
See what happens when the awake start questioning?
Good digging!

Just curious - do the pampers have too much fluff, like all the toilet paper, now?

It's more a case of the absorbent padding being 2cm away from the waist line.

When you have a toddler that downs litres of juice a day, the padding is expanding over the waist.

Poor little one is getting wet clothes and a rash on her belly

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wetpaint72
reply to post by Red_xi

I remember as a child around 7 or 8 in the 80's there was come sort of conspiracy with the company and the devil. I, at the time lived in rural South Carolina and even we new about it. It got so bad for the company with the accusations, that the company changed it's logo at the time. I can remember at the time I thought it was a little strange, but my mother took it seriously. I havn't thought of it since then. Maybe I should revisit now that I am older and wiser! Thanks.

Anything more you can provide on what you said would be great.

Any chance there are older members of your family that will know ?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Just another example of the corporate 'good ol' boy' network in action again. If you look at the members of the board of directors of the larger corporations you will see the same names popping up over and over again. Once you become one what I like to call the Director's Club, you get invited to all the good corporate hog parties!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The plant that makes a majority of the diapers (Luvs and Pampers) as well as the paper products (Bounty and Charmin) is right here where I live. I work near the plant.

P&G has kept a lot of their U.S. plants going, they might have cut a few things here and there but they are still here. The plant located here is one of the few or the only non-union P&G plant left in the U.S. They have moved some of their packaging purchases to packaging that is produced in other countries such as Mexico and Canada, but much of their product is still made here.

P&G has always been a bit secretive and like to keep all their ducks in one basket. They want little or no news of their goings on out in the public. If you are able to talk to employees though, you can get enough information about things to piece stuff together.

P&G like many manufacturing companies go through presidents and CEOs every few years. It is their way of keeping things in check; board members might not hold their spot for great lengths either. Someone has to be doing a very good job of saving more and more money every year by making good calls in order for them to stay.

You will also find that big business seemingly "trades" these decision makers like the pro sports teams trade their talent. This is why you will see names connected from one place to another.

To me it is more of a fear of trying someone new verses staying with names that have been known to produce.

Raist

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Red_xi

I think it had much to do about the symbolism in the logo. I will try to find a picture if I can. I was so young. And didn't understand the significance of such things. I was also just wondering if it was just a regional thing. I'll see what I can find out.

www.liontracks.org...
edit on 1-2-2011 by Wetpaint72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
i remember a conspticay about them a few years ago, and i dont know if thisis true , but i remember someone pointing out to me one time some christian guy , that on there website on the very bottom, it says proceeds go to fund church of sect, which i found out was church of satan,, and i dont know if they still have it up or not, but i do know that this christian man said that they are buying shares with the attempt to buy out all major brands ,and when people had to take the mark of the beast proctor and gamble products would be what you had to take the mark to get, and im bettn you can only get them at walmart, with there rfid dectectors at the doors it would make sense, i ncould just see it,
you have just set off walmarts rfid security checkpoint, please step back and a walmart opertive will be with you shortly lol
edit on 1-2-2011 by matrix12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I love how the parents come out of the woodwork when you mention something like diapers, LOL! (By the way OP, Fisher Price makes a brand called "Happy Days and Nights" that are AWESOME. They don't feel like paper napkins like all the other brands do, they actually have some padding to them between the chemical crystals and the skin, and they have never ever EVER leaked on me in over a year of use, now in toddler stage.)

Anyways, back on topic, one of the most popular conspiracy theories on hippie-mom/organic-mom message boards is about the chemicals used in diapers nowadays (which is one reason why there's been such a huge resurgence of cloth diaper use). The super-absorbent crystals have been linked to juvenile asthma, ADD, and a host of other things. This is because those chemicals are constantly making contact with moist skin all day and night, and off-gassing into their breathing area, so it's a constant dose of whatever you put in there. Pretty convenient way to intentionally disperse a chemical, eh?

I'm not saying this is what's happening, and I have no research or opinion on the guy the thread's about, but this came to mind and I thought I'd throw it out there.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
It does make your head spin a bit when things finally click and starts to fall into place. For the corporate links in the media industry www.fair.org... . The corporate world is a different one from us mere mortals. How else could trillions go missing from the budget, building fall by themselves and millions of UFO sightings get laughed at while no one is made to publicly account? It took me a good year or two falling down the rabbit hole to finally hit the bottom, maybe.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
That is some good investigative work; however, nothing too amazing insomuch as the findings are concerned. When you get past all the brands and get up into the parent company of most of these MNCs, it has nothing to do with the products they are selling. I mean, sure, the brands are interested in keeping market share and happy customers (usually), but the parent companies are not. They are interested in share prices, making money, and cutting costs.

People like the fellow you found..well, that's what they do. They steer the boat, but they don't man the oars.

ETA a disclaimer. P&G is one of the clients of the company I work for. While I have done any work directly with this client, I am slightly aware of them and the way things work with them -- if only by allegory.
edit on 2-1-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

top topics

join