It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Longer a Lurker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I've been a member at ATS for quite awhile but I've never introduced myself. I've been focusing on getting the lay of the land, especially within the last year. Up until now I have lurked and nothing more, and in doing so I've learned a lot, expanded my mind, and finally feel I might have something of relevance to offer up for discussion.

A little on me- I have been an "alternative" person my whole life. I don't believe I've ever done anything that wasn't considered strange by most of the "normal" people I know. My interests exist on a broad spectrum from extreme sports to physics, writing to esoteric studies, and on, and on. If there is such a thing as orthodox behavior, I don't really fit into that mold. I march to my own drummer and am happy to do so!

In any case, after reading everything that you fine ATSers have been writing, I figured I should say "hello". I'll be around and maybe I'll actually participate in conversation from now on.

Thanks for having me here!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sidthekid26

Hi there and welcome on ATS, i hope you enjoy your stay here.

Greetings

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

Everyone is a little strange, just not everyone shows it :p

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 7thsignofthezodiac

I too say hello! I am just wondering why the lurking around? Are you afraid of subversive gov't tactics or people trying to use the site to label you? anyways glad you are here and please I encourage you to give me your viewpoints on anything bc I love a healthy debate

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Hello and welcome to ATS ..this is a fun place and you will fit right in

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Welcome.

The weird ones are the normal ones

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by agentblue

I've just been kind of getting my feet wet. I'm not a particularly paranoid person regarding people monitoring what I do online, only because I know it happens, anyway. If "they" are monitoring me, I hope they find my life more interesting than I generally do.
I think, if anything, I've been a little shy to express my viewpoints, but that's part of my personality, too. If I don't suck it up and make the decision to jump right into the discussion then I don't make any progress. I decided to make the jump.

Thanks for the welcome from you and from everyone! Really appreciate it.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by drkylefletcher

I've always felt that way, too. I tend to think of anyone that considers themselves "normal" as the real outsiders- either that or they lack self-awareness. We're all strange in our own ways. Some of us more than others.
I'll be happy to take the lead on that.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS! If you have any unanswered questions or would like help with anything, please don't hesitate to PM me.
- NWD

new topics

top topics

join