It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyclone Yasi-North Queensland 250km/h+ winds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Floods, now a Cyclone that is most likely going to be worse than Cyclone Larry that hit in 2006 causing a $1.5 billion damage bill.

www.heraldsun.com.au... nd-cyclone-yasi/story-e6frf7l6-1225998128938

And here is the government website for our weather:

www.bom.gov.au...

Will be exciting seeing it hit the mainland, but what it will leave in it's wake will be truly devastating.

Also you will see a low, further down with a weird circle...

edit on 1-2-2011 by Sounds_of_Silence because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Sounds_of_Silence

The Herald Sun link gives page not found. I feel for you mate, 2011 hasn't been a good year for you so far! Stay safe

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I'll second that mate....Australia have had a nighmare january...no country deserves this weather...stay safe.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Definitely something is going on in our oceans and currents, i feel like the real info is being suppressed

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ruffagii

100% agree !! The weather globaly is weird !! all adds to global food shortages and financial destruction Oand social structure going to crap... Hold on for the ride folks

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Iv'e got loads of friends in Townsville, stay safe especially all the Army lads up there I know you guys will be busy cleaning up the mess.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Traditionally, cyclones would always touch land up north Queensland and then spin their way south following the coastline with many causing havoc all along the path. As a kid this was quite normal for Queensland at this time of year.

The past 25+ years of droughts has seen a change to that. With a strong La Nina in effect now we are seeing a return to what was fairly normal with monsoonal rains, tropical storms, cyclones, and floods, etc.

I think it is because we have had prolonged droughts that we are now experiencing what used to be normal, but in much larger doses as if Nature is making up for all the lost years.

Massive Cyclone this one too.. the eye was measured at around 65 miles across. Let's hope everyone is well prepared and that our more modern building codes do handle what may come from this.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I feel sorry for the residents, just starting to get back on their feet, and now this

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Size of it next to Australia...Wow.

It's huge! I hope you all stay safe my Aussie friends. Nature has it in for you it seems

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Stay safe neighbours

It's been upgraded to Cat 5... scary stuff...

Tropical Cyclone Yasi has now been upgraded to the most extreme storm warning category, category 5, with the Australian Bureau of Meteorology warning its impact is likely to be more life-threatening than any storm experienced in recent generations. The Bureau warned the cyclone posed "an extremely serious threat to life and property", especially between Port Douglas and Townsville.

www.stuff.co.nz...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Haven't Queenslanders suffered enough? I mean with the drought and recent floods, and now they're bracing for Cyclone Yasi. I hope it will not be as severe as weather forecasters have been predicting, but looking at the size of it on the BOM radar it reminded me of Hurricane Katrina! Not only that, but last week prior to Cyclone Anthony and Bianca hitting the Australian coasts I had a dream and told my family about it, which I am wondering if it was precognitive. I was watching the TV as the weather forecast came on and noticed a couple of cyclones on the east and west coasts of Oz as per the weather map, but I didn't conciously take in the names of the cyclones. But, that night I dreamed there was a huge "Hurricane Katrina" like cyclone called Anthony that looked dark, menacing and would be devastating to some part of Australia. Upon waking I heard the name of Cyclone Anthony and told my family how interesting it is that subconciously my mind must have picked up the name of the cyclone from the news. But, even though the news was predicting that it wasn't going to be severe as I had dreamed I still had an eerie feeling that this dream I had was more than just a dream, it was possible another cyclone would follow in its wake of "Hurricane Katrina" proportions. And lo and behold Yasi cometh!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
You can't build above ground because of the winds, and you can't build below because of the floods. Might have to use a few metre high snorkel.

Thanks for all your concerns, I myself am not personally affected but my uncle a few days ago was inundated with 100mm of rain in under an hour...

top topics

join