It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA to Announce New Discoveries About Alien Planets

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I tend to get pretty excited about NASA announcements, here's hoping they might have something cool to tell us!
Keep your eyes peeled for what they have to say, tomorrow!

NASA will announce new discoveries made through the planet-hunting Kepler space observatory in a briefing Wednesday (Feb. 2). The space agency said publicly in advance only that it will discuss astronomers' "latest findings about planets outside our solar system."

NASA scheduled the press conference for 1 p.m. EST (1800 GMT) at its headquarters in Washington, D.C.

NASA's Kepler spacecraft is a space-based observatory dedicated to the search for extrasolar worlds – alien planets outside our own solar system.[/ext]

Finding a promising extrasolar planet within a star's habitable zone is a chief goal for the Kepler mission, NASA officials said.

Read the full article here! www.space.com...
edit on 1-2-2011 by Wildeagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Here be sensationalists!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
This will be interesting! were can we get the info as it happens?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
O joy more excitement
Cant wait for another micro bacteria discovery in the back yard... All this BS they put out is to keep the majority of sheeple entertained. Wake up folks !! its just a " Smoke n Mirrors" act..

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
i wont be around to check it out grrrrr, think you could post a link to the story if you find one then for us please?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Honestly i think they are warming us up for the BigEvent. ET. Nibiru. I believe it is all real, and TPTB are just getting their "i told you so's" out of the way slowly but surely. Every thing going on in this world right now is a preview of things to come!! Eyes Open #EgyptcoutdbeAmerica

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjsmi2
O joy more excitement
Cant wait for another micro bacteria discovery in the back yard... All this BS they put out is to keep the majority of sheeple entertained. Wake up folks !! its just a " Smoke n Mirrors" act..

I was so excited last time when they said they discovered life and it was some piece of bacteria here on Earth.

I literally counted down days and hours and woke at 5 AM here in Australia to watch it live. I can tell you i nearly threw my coffee mug at the tv.

I wont be fooled again!

OP thanks for the post though

(secretly i am kinda excited about it but dont tell anyone k)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildeagle

Do really trust NASA, the very people that faked the moon landing. Please.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Or they could just be warming us up for a False flag attack. these secret rockets being launched, i think space is being weaponized as we speak!!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
So they found some more planets that fall into the habitable zone. That's what the announcement is going to be about.

NASA is usually quite vague about what is going to be announced and it usually turns into a bit of a let down. But some of the findings are definitely interesting, just depends on what you're expecting.
edit on 1-2-2011 by Anodyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
NASA: "Yes we found a planet that is habitable", after 2 months "Yes that planet is a member of our solar system", another 3 months later "Yes that planet is headed our way, it will look like almost Second Sun, spectacular view", then all the volcanoes erupt, earthquakes and tsunamis, FEMA evacuates majorit of population under their rule and bam we get see 2nd sun with wings and spaceships coming down to earth and the Annunaki gods emerge, our leaders bow to them and present all the gold they have collected/stole for centuries while we are being held prisoners in camps.

LOL well this is a combination of Sitchin's story with alex jones views, my view: this is highly unlikely to happen

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
You never know, this is a crazy world/universe anything is possible

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ruffagii
NASA: "Yes we found a planet that is habitable", after 2 months "Yes that planet is a member of our solar system", another 3 months later "Yes that planet is headed our way, it will look like almost Second Sun, spectacular view", then all the volcanoes erupt, earthquakes and tsunamis, FEMA evacuates majorit of population under their rule and bam we get see 2nd sun with wings and spaceships coming down to earth and the Annunaki gods emerge, our leaders bow to them and present all the gold they have collected/stole for centuries while we are being held prisoners in camps.

LOL well this is a combination of Sitchin's story with alex jones views, my view: this is highly unlikely to happen

Hey why not ? :-) its as good a theory as any lolz

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
this is huge IMO..because since Kepler's mission is in early stages..having something to announce is awesome..imagine what the results will be by 2013 when Kepler is supposed to return data.

when larger telescopes capable of reading the atmosphere of planets are put up there, they will have targets already mapped where to look...i think by 2016 we will have 100% confirmation our beautiful Planet Earth is one of trillions of millions of habitable planets out there

thank you for posting OP..i will be following this thread with optimism

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by OleMB
Here be sensationalists!

Hey, please don't label me as a sensationalist, judging me on one post. I do not appreciate that.

What NASA does interests me, and others. I did not say that I expect anything huge, but no matter how small - anything new is exciting.

Discover me, don't define me, don't box me.

ETA: I will most definitley post what they announce to this thread.

edit on 1-2-2011 by Wildeagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Another NASA announcement , speculation abounds , anticipation rises , press conference happens , everyone's left feeling slightly deflated ........ My experience of past NASA press conference's .

Hopefully this one will buck the trend , and at least we don't have long to wait .

I guess we will get more detail on Kepler-10b .

NASA's Kepler mission confirmed the discovery of its first rocky planet, named Kepler-10b. Measuring 1.4 times the size of Earth, it is the smallest planet ever discovered outside our solar system.
www.nasa.gov...

The news conference will follow the scheduled release of Kepler mission science data on Feb. 1. The data release will update the number of planet candidates and is based on observations conducted between May 2 and Sept. 17, 2009.
www.spaceref.com...

NASA TV

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Dont hold ye breath....NASA is not the forthright bunch of eager beavers they portray themselves to be.
If their hype levels are to be accounted for its gonna be just some preliminary data...but hopeful of course.....
I believe that the real scoop would rip your hair out......We hear what we are cleared to hear....anybody got a top secret cosmic clearance?
NO? .........i thought not......just sayin.....

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Thanks for posting this. I read an article a month or so ago regarding the upcoming Kepler announcement. It was somewhat hyped, so I am intrigued. For those who want to access the data made available to the public from the Kepler mission, you can access it here

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Man this gets annoying.. NASA better announce alien life soon, or alien life better land in the front yard and get it overwith.

Now if you will excuse me I need to go hunt down some subtropical whooping cows to sacrifice to the Gods to get the Blizzard to stop outside.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
NASA will apparently announce on Wednesday, Feb 2, that the Kepler Space Telescope has discovered 400 new planetary systems around distant stars. Details will presumably be limited, as in past announcements of Kepler planet discoveries. No one is talking about having discovered extraterrestrial life at this early stage, intelligent or otherwise. The announcement will be carried live on NASA TV at 18:00 GMT (1 pm Eastern time, 10 am  Pacific time in the US) It will also be available for later viewing there. web address: www.nasa.gov...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join