It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News chechen presidents convoy hit,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   
News just coming in that a blast hit acting chechen presidents convoy

So far reports say that he appears to be fine,

Reports are also that one person had died in the attack, and that the convoy was hit by a possible land mine,

This is just breaking so no links yet,

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Where abouts, wouldn't be Grozny by chance...

I'm betting it is.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Yep you right Advisor

heres the full story

edition.cnn.com...

MOSCOW, Russia (AP) -- An explosion hit the motorcade of Chechnya's acting president on Tuesday, killing one person and wounding three others, an official said.

Acting President Sergei Abramov, who took the reins of the violence-plagued region when its president was assassinated in May, was not injured in the blast in the Chechen capital Grozny, Russian media reports said.

Wonder what the implications of this would have been if he had of been killed so shortly after the other

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Chechnya's acting president, looks like a kid to me, and do I smell civil unrest, in that country?

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
and do I smell civil unrest, in that country?

That country was created in more "civil unrest" than the US of A was! You must remember they seperated from the Soviets, who have been trying to take a very oil rich basin ...*cough* Caspian Sea *cough*.

It is a "hell hole", this event is nothing new in that part of the world, it is a daily occurance. Don't let anything about Chechnya surprise you folks, unless it is Putin backing off...

OH! Just to add, that "kid" has more weight on his shoulders, with fewer supporters than our combined Nam vets did...

I have "kept an eye" on that hot spot for some time now, expect another attack and another...

Did I mention, I hate communists.

[edit on 13-7-2004 by ADVISOR]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Story being covered on ATSnn see link for more on this story

ATSNN

new topics

top topics

join