Democracy Without Politicians or Elections (As We Currently Know Them)…

page: 1
2

log in

join

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

If this economic crisis has done anything, it has exposed our so called “democracy” as a fraud.
I believe the problem is simple: Politicians are no longer accountable after they win the election. Because if they were accountable then they wouldn’t be able to transfer the massive amounts of taxpayer wealth to the bankers. They wouldn’t be able to ignore the massive fraud in the mortgage “securitization” business.
They wouldn’t be able to change the FASB (accounting) rules so that bankrupt banks could hold their assets at pre-crash prices. And if the only thing citizens can do is riot in the streets and still be ignored by their governments, then it’s safe to say that while politicians hold office they are unaccountable.
In this video I present an alternative to our “democracy”: No elections. No politicians. Instead, it’s a political system where citizen completely control the legislative process without needing to be actively involved in crafting the legislation. In other words, they can continue living their lives, but they have absolute control over the laws in their country:

www.disinfo.com...

Please watch the video before commenting.

A political system accountable by the people, this is exactly what would work and there is no room for corruption to interfere in the process of passing a Bill.

I was reading a post on this site where a blogger said isn’t this basically what we already have? The answer is no, we do not have representatives passing Bills on our behalf. Big Corporations such the pharmaceutical, Healthcare, oil companies, have hundreds of paid lobbyist bribing congressional representatives to pass bills to benefit these conglomerates, and this does not benefit the American people in anyway. If anything we know our political system is corrupt and it is mostly about protecting the wealth.


I would like to here what your opinions are on this video.




posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by impressme
 


Everyone that knows this will say so and everyone who doesn't will argue otherwise because they're simply in denial.

You don't need to go to a university, or read a book, or watch a movie, or listen to some jackass tell you our government is horribly corrupt. You just need to be conscious and have a usable mind.



posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine"
- Thomas Jefferson

"We can have a democracy in this country or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we cannot have both."
- Justice Louis D. Brandies

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide."
- John Adams

or something like that



posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Greed and corruption are the big problems.
The only way to truly rid the world of this crap is
to follow that old french method:

the guillotine

Round up the worlds current corrupt officials,
the rich bankster ahols etc,
and introduce them to the guillotine.
If not, nothing will change.
After all, it's only the 1-2% that have the money the other 98% need to have.

The MidEast? - My pick -puppets out, puppets in.



posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Ok what? I stopped the vid at 3 min into it and more or less you are implying that you are wanting to take out a represenative gov't and replace it with another represenative gov't??????



posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Get rid of politicians, hmm... I love it. The main problem I see with the individual association to just one political group at a time. Different groups will focus on different issues, some people will want to support many groups and others will not want to support any. There will be a constant stream of change between people supporting different groups so some fudging of numbers is possible if not properly accounted, I hope it is based on open source software.

I can see it working and a vast improvement on the current system in which there is just too much going on through too few people and it is a corrupt mess.





 
2

log in

join


Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant
read more: Ora.TV's Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant