It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Million Man March" Starting NOW in Egypt To Take Over Presidential Palace And TV Station.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I just wanted to say that the "million man march" is about to get underway. It's 30 min past the tentative start time right now. But it doesn't look like a million people will actually show.

A couple hundred thousand should be enough to take over the state-run television station and the presidential palace. That's their goal. They are marching to the TV station first. The riot police shouldn't be there, but there is a heavy military presence on the route, and especially at the TV station and the palace. The military has made an official statement that they will not fire on the people if the protests are peaceful. However, it's unlikely that the protests will be completely peaceful, so who knows what will happen. If the people take over their two objectives, there's a good chance Mubarak could be forced to leave power.

Anyway, Al Jazeera is the only network covering it live (well RT might be too, I'm not sure, but neither CNN, FOX, or MSNBC are). Here's the link:

english.aljazeera.net...
edit on 1-2-2011 by FalselyFlagged because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-2-2011 by FalselyFlagged because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
What are you talking about? I've seen CNN cover the build up to the march for hours nonstop now, unless you mean carry it "live," in which case, I don't know if CNN will or not.

I find the media coverage of this to be very odd, to be honest. It's almost like our attention is being diverted, but from what, I have no idea.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
These people are heros, taking their goverment and country back.

I wonder what Americans would be called if we did this????
Hmmmmm

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by FalselyFlagged

It's too early yet. Right about 4-5 hours from now the crowd will reach vast numbers.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
which is the best way to follow this?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
These people are heros, taking their goverment and country back.

I wonder what Americans would be called if we did this??? That's an easy one."Domestic Terrorists" "Traitors." "America Haters." "Racists" etc.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

you can watch live feed via Al Jazeera:

english.aljazeera.net...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Power to the people!! Solidarity for Egypt, let's hope this starts the tinderbox.

Take note, goverments around the world. If you carry on with your evil ways, then you will be ousted, and go down in history has the tyrants that you are. And also, take note military personel, and police officers, if you are asked to open fire on those who you are supposed to be protecting, stand by your fellow man and not big business. Defy your orders and make a stand yourself, your families may be on the streets too, if it gets big. So big props to the army in Egypt for saying that they are standing with the people. It's high time we chucked these criminals out of power.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I have to say the British Govt has taken a very neutral and common sense approach towards whats going on in Egypt - unlike their American cousins who can't help themselves.

I think when this is all over, the Britian will come off better and more likeable than the Americans.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken

which is the best way to follow this?

I would say the Al Jazeera youtube channel (the feed on their website is slow).

And I do agree the MSM coverage of this protest is quite odd, CNN keeps looping videos.They showed a clip (don't know if anyone caught it) of a military soldier pointing his gun @ some protesters that looked edited.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
What are you talking about? I've seen CNN cover the build up to the march for hours nonstop now, unless you mean carry it "live," in which case, I don't know if CNN will or not.

I find the media coverage of this to be very odd, to be honest. It's almost like our attention is being diverted, but from what, I have no idea.

Yes, I meant covering it live.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

It's too early yet. Right about 4-5 hours from now the crowd will reach vast numbers.

You could be right. The tentative start time was 9am Egyptian time, but obviously these people need NUMBERS; as long as more people are streaming in, its likely that they will wait. I don't blame them.

So I apologize for possibly jumping the gun, I was just going off of the best info I could find. It very well could be a few more hours before they take off.

Al Jazeera is playing the same 3-4 clips over and over during the wait, while interviewing Egyptians here and there.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike dangerously
I wonder what Americans would be called if we did this???

I doubt we'll ever find out.

America: Fighting for Disinformation, Apathy, and Repression since 1776!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Things are heating up now. There's a helluva lot packed there. People are really showing out. There's some saying that they are just going to stay in the square. I don't think thats true. It looks like they are going to head out soon, they are getting really riled up.

As one commentator on Al Jazeera said thats in the square, "we are going to march to his palace, so that he has no excuse that he didn't hear the people".

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Al Jazeera reports now more then a million (!) on Tahrir Square and opposition groups agree Mubarak has lost legitimacy and must step down.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Mubarak and his ilk UNDERSTAND what the people want but they are expecting a man, power bent on control, to give up his throne - not to mention USD $40B. This also means those in power of authority that are so damn corrupt will also loose money and luxuries they have enjoyed.

he is not going to go easily

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I'm ignorant in many areas when it comes to this whole crisis in Egypt, but from the outside looking in I'm proud of my fellow human beings for coming together like they are and relying on each other. If we could all do this with one accord, what corruption could stop us?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
MEGA crowds is now way past 1 million; demonstrators not only want Mubarak gone but they also demand a new Egyptian Constitution!

Fantastic crowd, no problems and everyone behaving. Our western govts should be VERY worried if they play games with their populations too!

The common man on the street ALWAYS wins in the end!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
This is fantastic, no sheeple in Egypt. It is quite something to see so so many people gathered in a peaceful protest and I really do hope it stays peaceful and the Egyptian people get what they want.

The more the MSM keeps reporting on the evacuation flights the more i worry something horrible may happen to the protesters but I am sure things will be fine and the Egyptian army will continue to behave the way they have all week and the president will step down.

where will this revolution head to next>?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

top topics

join