It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW, many folks are waking up spiritually ......

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
its like we all put a veil over our eyes and that veil is starting to lift.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamJagger1111

The Second Coming is about to happen -- it is the awareness created by GOD.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NonKonphormist

Couldn't all this "spiritual" stuff just be a defense mechanism conjoured up by the brain to make life a bit more bareable when things get "too much".

thats the atypical question I also used to get from a few skeptics I used to debate/discuss with.... Perhaps for some it may be that way, but for me personally ...and alot of people that I know that experience the same things I do ....the motivation was entirely centered around: "If these folks say there is an Absolute Truth, then I will do whatever it takes to experience this directly no matter the cost ...even if it means life will be more unbarable and life will become too much."

and the end result of this search is a direct experience of this Absolute Truth ..it is seen as real ....

also for some, it just comes entirely out of the blue ...and has nothing to do with mental defense mechanisms created to make life bareable

What if, the brain creates these spiritual diversions to give people a reason to carry on, a mental survival instinct? Just a thought.

its a theory and idea that has been brought up before by great minds.... only thing is ...in deeper levels of experiencing Absolute Truth ...there is the ability to be outside of the body, outside of the mind, to see them for what they are..... to know that the real you is neither body nor mind (that body and mind are mere vehicles and tools to use in this existence)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
Off course alarm bells go ff for you ...because whats starting to happen is science is slowly shifting and beginning to prove the existence of a spirit, of spiritual realities, of humans being more than just bags of flesh, of there being something after the body dies, etc.

Science is nowhere close to proving the existence of any such thing, despite the claims of the Deepak Chopra types.

And reading seeing that your User Account says "ATS Resident Skeptic" ....well then its easy to assume that the walls of bias you have built for yourself are entirely threatened and in danger of crumbling based on all the shifts not just in people awakening but also in science starting to take serious and study spiritual things.

Having a certain standard by which we establish the existence of things and determine truth are hardly "walls of bias". In fact, you are subject to them as well and in the last sentence you claimed science was validating your beliefs. Scientific standards are good when used to confirm your beliefs, scientific standards are bad when you can't overcome their standards to validate your beliefs.

if its a common human condition, then why does not everyone experience this? Second who is to say that explaining through mystical/spiritual jargon isn't true?

Common human conditions don't have to be experienced by all people. Baldness is a common human condition not experienced by all people.

Explanations through mystical/spiritual jargon might be true. First, define mystical and spiritual, then establish their existence as true, then prove that the explanations through such jargon is true. Until then, we have better means.

Yeh thats fine ...my point being that the change comes about from an experience of a Truth that is there on its own non-relative and ever present.

Now that you've defined it you must prove it. If "Truth" is an externally existing, objective, non-relative and ever present entity... provide the objective evidence to prove it and/or demonstrate its existence.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

if that is the case then why has it only just started happening.It seems more and more people are waking up at a faster rate, and i think by the end of this year it will be undeniable.

You think this is new?

Don't be daft, what do you think was happening all through history when all the religions were kicking off?
What about the 60's? The hippy's, even the early 90's with the rave scene.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
Why do you think you're so much smarter than these physicists drummerboy? Why do you think you're even smarter than anyone at all! That's what I'd like to know.

I made no such claim. Also, an appeal to authority is not an argument.

Of course much of this resides in the realm of mystery and of an unknown unknown, but I can tell you one thing, if I was God-consciousness I would not be about to lower myself to subject my infinite being to the scrutiny of some kid knowitall!

All I am asking you to do is back up your claims. You will either do that or continue on with the distraction of ad hominem.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecondComing

The Second Coming is about to happen -- it is the awareness created by GOD.

"Second coming" of what?

Which god are you referring to?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

religion has nothing to do with what i'm talking about.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

did you see threads like this one 10 years ago ? or threads on ascension ? no ... but now you are seeing them all over the internet.... your seeing # loads of videos about it on youtube from people having personal experiences....its all over the place and i find it hard to understand that people can't see it.you truely have a golf ball sized awareness.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Another point of view.

Harris on spiritual experiences and philosophy. (Part 1)

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Man you are just too much - Must you really stop by every spiritual thread and piss all over it with the fact that science doesn't give it any credence?

Do you really think humanity has been duped for 40,000 years into believing in a fake spiritual presence?

People are remembering what the ancestors knew - The existence of another possibility.

I was exactly like you - I had my eyes wide shut, reading the brail sciences books.

Spring is here, open your eyes and watch the proof of god bloom into existence all around you.

I think you're in denial.

Blessings,

-GM

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I posted some stuff to back it up, you made no comment. What do you expect, God in a bottle?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

religion has nothing to do with what i'm talking about.

It had nothing to do with the hippies or the rave scene either, it wasn't what i was referring to.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

we certainly are remembering
what a great time to be on earth.... i feel it will be like two forms of humanity are here ....... the awakened ones and the slave zombies lol

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus
Spring is here, open your eyes and watch the proof of god bloom into existence all around you.

I think you're in denial.

My eyes are open. I am asking for the proof you claim exists.

Instead of anyone being able to provide it I get a lot of frustrated ad hominem, yourself included.

If you believe in things you can't prove it's not my problem. But don't take your frustrations out on those who ask for that proof.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

did you see threads like this one 10 years ago ? or threads on ascension ? no ... but now you are seeing them all over the internet.... your seeing # loads of videos about it on youtube from people having personal experiences....its all over the place and i find it hard to understand that people can't see it.you truely have a golf ball sized awareness.

I never had the internet 10 years ago, I had a life before kids, where i went outside and did social stuff, with real people.

link   

Look around, the proof is everywhere and it has been all along.

link   

lol

link   

I posted some stuff to back it up, you made no comment. What do you expect, God in a bottle?

You backed up the existence of "God consciousness"?
I don't even recall where you've defined it.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Look around, the proof is everywhere and it has been all along.

I have repeatedly asked for objective evidence and detailed why subjective evidence is not valid.
Do you have any such thing? How about anything more specific than "look around"?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join