It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW, many folks are waking up spiritually ......

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamJagger1111
the matrix film kind of explains what is happening to us ..... we are waking up from the matrix we have been in.

This is what I'm taking about, on what grounds do you believe this is happening?

A proper answer please, not your usual "cos I said so, and I don't need to prove anything" answer.

link   

reply to post by traditionaldrummer

spiritual as in we aren't just a chunk of meat stuck to bones ... we are far more greater than that dude!

Precisely. Who but a fool would call himself an "it"..? It's absurd.

link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Then prove that it does indeed exist.

That sounds like a job for science!

NOT.

If you are a skeptic and you think that proving 'that it [spirituality] does indeed exist' is a job for orthodox science, then you might be afflicted with the deadly SCIENTISM. Otherwise, you would realize that trying to prove the spiritual with science is like trying to unscrew a screw with a hammer. Science just isn't the right tool for the job.

But since scientism thralls only have a hammer in their toolbox, they think everything is a nail.

Scientism is a belief-system and its number one belief is that if something is real then it is a job for science to figure out. It doesn't occur to scientism thralls that science is too limited and clumsy to handle the job.

Scientism thralls, there is another tool for investigating reality ya know. Its called mysticism.

edit on 1-2-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

link   
I think spirituality is the good of the soul, which is far more profound than the good of man. Some people may be starting to grow tired and feeling helpless of the direction the world has taken, e.g. the financial crisis, and the whole list of discouraging happenings during the last decade. And that may be why some people are starting to adhere to something bigger than themselves, but this certainly doesn't have to be a specific religion. I'm not going into if it has anything to do with 2012, because that is a moot point anyway. But if it happens to someone, and it makes them more happy and more hopeful, what can I say... that's good for them.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

your still fast asleep you will never understand untill you start waking up.

If your views typify someone who has 'woken up' then I'd rather stay asleep

The 2012 / Ascension thing is absolute horse crap, fed by people like David Wilcock et al, none of whom have much credibility. You and people like you are going to be sorely disappointed if you're hanging your hopes on some kind of 'saviour' event.

I wouldn't be surprised if this 2012 hype produced some Heaven's Gate-type cults...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

lol @ trying to make me look like a dumbass.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

The genuine beauty of creation is that it is the manifestation of True Laws, whether they be viewed from a spiritual or scientific view.

This is surely an awakening of all people, and it is a corpus reaction to the massive display taking place before us, as flesh and spirit beings with advanced knowledge to observe and draw conclusions.

MOMENTUM….

Sure is a roller coaster ride for me.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Internet Explorer

im not hanging my hopes up , i KNOW it is going to happen its not a maybe, IT is going to happen.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
and all the people who are waking up KNOW somethings happening

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

lol @ trying to make me look like a dumbass.

You're doing a cracking job on your own

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
For the "hardened" sceptics

Start with that, and hey do some research on the new paradigm of science if you want evidence of this new way of thinking, and of being with life.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NonKonphormist

yeh i am to you skeptiks.i dont give a # though lol

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Firstly, alarm bells go off when you mix in "quantum fields" with.. well... anything

Off course alarm bells go ff for you ...because whats starting to happen is science is slowly shifting and beginning to prove the existence of a spirit, of spiritual realities, of humans being more than just bags of flesh, of there being something after the body dies, etc.

And reading seeing that your User Account says "ATS Resident Skeptic" ....well then its easy to assume that the walls of bias you have built for yourself are entirely threatened and in danger of crumbling based on all the shifts not just in people awakening but also in science starting to take serious and study spiritual things.

Secondly, as I said before, if an atheist has a transcendental experience or huge epiphany, so what? It's just that. If they then choose to explain their experience through an esoteric, mystical realm of "spirituality" it's not truth, but an egregious misinterpretation of a common human condition.

if its a common human condition, then why does not everyone experience this? Second who is to say that explaining through mystical/spiritual jargon isn't true?

Personally after my own experiences, I studied all religions, meditation techniques, 100's of books, and these studies have helped and have shown how to get to a place where this stuff becomes permanent and in retrospect gives the perspective that the rest of humanity and the majority is operating from a sleep-walking type bias bubble mode. (it doesnt in anyway make me any better than anyone else) ...just saying I was once an atheist and laughed at the spiritual stuff and thought it was all a joke..... boy was I wrong.

That is a change in one's thinking

Yeh thats fine ...my point being that the change comes about from an experience of a Truth that is there on its own non-relative and ever present.

We seem to be at an impasse. You continue to call "truth" that which is simply a change in one's thinking and/or behavior (which, by the way, may not deal with any kind of truth whatsoever).

never mind....you dont get what I'm saying ..... I'm not talking about scientific facts that the world is round, tha atoms exist ...

Im talking about Absolute Truth, Nonduality, unfiltered objectivity that is subjective and subjectivity that is objective. It is a living infinite reality that we are all a part of and that is our real identity.... God, transcendence, etc...

Something that stands on its own ......then for each person its like a radio station ...either you're tuned into it or not ..... and back to the main point of this thread ...seems like more more folks that I would least expect are tuning in

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Spiritual would be some form of God consciousness, or an awareness of the intrinsic oneness of all life and being.

Awareness has nothing to do with "God consciousness", whatever that is.

Look into the latest findings of quantum physics and the holographic mind/universe connections, and then you'll see that it's not nonsense.

What is nonsense is when people attempt to validate esoteric new age concepts with the mysteries of quantum physics.

Then take a look at all the ancient traditions from Hinduism to Buddhism and then maybe you might begin to have an inkling of whatever everyone's so excited about.

Subscribing to the practices of religions is not proof of anything "spiritual".

In other words keep an open mind and do some research free from contempt, prior to investigation, a surefire recipe to keep a man in everlasting ignorance.

I have investigated these things, experienced all sorts of things, even opened my mind up with mind altering substances. Experiencing the effects of altered perceptions (be it with meditation, prayer or drugs) is not confirmation of anything beyond experiencing altered perceptions. If I'm to believe in an external, objective spiritual thing or world then demonstrable, non-subjective evidence of its existence must be provided.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Here's a little more to wet your whistle dear hard-assed I mean hardened sceptics (hard hearted is more like it).

"The God Theory" by Bernard Haisch
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1249274834&sr=8-1

Haisch is an astrophysicist whose professional positions include Staff Scientist at the Lockheed Martin Solar and Astrophysics Laboratory, Deputy Director for the Center for Extreme Ultraviolet Astrophysics at the University of California, Berkeley, and Visiting Fellow at the Max-Planck Institute for Extraterrestrial Physics in Garching, Germany. His work has led to close involvement with NASA; he is the author of over 130 scientific papers; and was the Scientific Editor of the Astrophysical Journal for nine years, as well as the editor in chief of the Journal of Scientific Exploration.

an excerpt

If you think of whitte light as a metaphor of infinite, formless potential, the colors on a slide or frame of film become a structured reality grounded in the polarity that comes about through intelligent subtraction from that absolute formless potential. It results from the limitation of the unlimited. I contend that this metaphor provides a comprehensible theory for the creation of a manifest reality (our universe) from the selective limitation of infinite potential (God)...
If there exists an absolute realm that consists of infinite potential out of which a created realm of polarity emerges, is there any sensible reason not to call this "God"? Or to put it frankly, if the absolute is not God, what is it? For our purposes here, I will indentify the Absolute with God. More precisely I will call the Absolute the Godhead. Applying this new terminology to the optics analogy, we can conclude that our physical universe comes about when the Godhead selectively limits itself, taking on the role of Creator and manifesting a realm of space and time and, within that realm, filtering out some of its own infinite potential...
Viewed this way, the process of creation is the exact opposite of making something out of nothing. It is, on the contrary, a filtering process that makes something out of everything. Creation is not capricious or random addition; it is intelligent and selective subtraction. The implications of this are profound.

If the Absolute is the Godhead, and if creation is the process by which the Godhead filters out parts of its own infinite potential to manifest a physical reality that supports experience, then the stuff that is left over, the residue of this process, is our physical universe, and ourselves included. We are nothing less than a part of that Godhead - quite literally.

Next, by Ervin Laszlo

Science and the Akashic Field, an Integral Theory of Everything, 2004
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1249275852&sr=8-1

And, his other seminal work
Science and the Reenchantment of the Cosmos: The Rise of the Integral Vision of Reality
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1249275852&sr=8-6

Ervin Laszlo is considered one of the foremost thinkers and scientists of our age, perhaps the greatest mind since Einstein. His principal focus of research involves the Zero Point Field. He is the author of around seventy five books (his works having been translated into at least seventeen languages), and he has contributed to over 400 papers. Widely considered the father of systems philosophy and general evolution theory, he has worked as an advisor to the Director-General of the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization. He was also nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in both 2004 and 2005. A multidisciplinarian, Laszlo has straddled numerous fields, having worked at universities as a professor of philosophy, music, futures studies, systems science, peace studies, and evolutionary studies. He was a sucessful concert pianist until he was thirty eight.

In his view, the zero-point field (or the Akashic Field, as he calls it) is quite literally the "mind of God".

Naming Hal Puthoff, Roger Penrose, Fritz-Albert Popp, and a handful of others as "front line investigators", Laszlo quotes Puthoff who says of the new scientific paradigm:

[What] would emerge would be an increased understanding that all of us are immersed, both as living and physical beings, in an overall interpenetrating and interdependant field in ecological balance with the cosmos as a whole, and that even the boundary lines between the physical and "metaphysical" would dissolve into a unitary viewpoint of the universe as a fluid, changing, energetic/informational cosmological unity."

an excert from Science and the Akashic Field, an Integral Theory of Everything

Akasha (a . ka . sha) is a Sanskrit word meaning "ether": all-pervasive space. Originally signifying "radiation" or "brilliance", in Indian philosophy akasha was considered the first and most fundamental of the five elements - the others being vata (air), agni (fire), ap (water), and prithivi (earth). Akasha embraces the properties of all five elements: it is the womb from which everything we percieve with our senses has emerged and into which everything will ultimately re-descend. The Akashic Record (also called The Akashic Chronicle) is the enduring record of all that happens, and has ever happened, in space and time."

Laszlo's view of the history of the universe is of a series of universes that rise and fall, but are each "in-formed" by the existence of the previous one. In Laszlo's mind, the universe is becoming more and more in-formed, and within the physical universe, matter (which is the crystallization of intersecting pressure waves or an interference pattern moving through the zero-point field) is becoming increasing in-formed and evolving toward higher forms of consciousness and realization.

------------

According to James Oroc's experiences (Tryptamine Palace), when the ego is dissolved in consciousness through the temporary formation of a type of neurological "Bose Einstein Condensate", there is no real dilineation or distinction between individual consciousness and God-consciousness or the universal "akashic field" (Lazslo) aka Zero Point Field.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

LOL looks like we were on the same wave-length with are Amit Goswami posts!!!

Pretty cool!!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Couldn't all this "spiritual" stuff just be a defense mechanism conjoured up by the brain to make life a bit more bareable when things get "too much".
Our western way of life is totally un natural, we have stress related illnesses, breakdowns, future shock, culture shock, the list goes on.
What if, the brain creates these spiritual diversions to give people a reason to carry on, a mental survival instinct?

Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Why do you think you're so much smarter than these physicists drummerboy? Why do you think you're even smarter than anyone at all! That's what I'd like to know.

Of course much of this resides in the realm of mystery and of an unknown unknown, but I can tell you one thing, if I was God-consciousness I would not be about to lower myself to subject my infinite being to the scrutiny of some kid knowitall!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Indeed.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NonKonphormist

if that is the case then why has it only just started happening.It seems more and more people are waking up at a faster rate, and i think by the end of this year it will be undeniable.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join