It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW, many folks are waking up spiritually ......

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

It's also entirely in the realm of possible to be both at the same time as in a "Christian mystic" for example, or a Jewish Mystic, or a Hindu, Buddhist, Native American, Islamic, etc. etc. the two needn't be mutually exclusive that's absurd.
And when someone says "I'm spiritual but not religious" I am tempted to inquire as to their theological framework by which they relate themselves to the Absolute, or in effect to inquire as to their religious belief system, whether Panthestic or otherwise.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED
reply to post by polarwarrior

how is religion and spirituality completely opposite.

a know a lot of "religious" people lack the spirituality they need to connect with the god they worship.

being spiritual without religion is a start,
but religion without being spiritual is like having a cell phone in 1920

Religion is binding within its finite confines and stagnant.
Spirituality is free, infinite and always growing/evolving.

Religion thinks it has the answers (usually in its holy book)and so for the most part has stopped looking, but religions each only have a small piece of truth. IMHO, when people stop seeking truth and cling to their discovered truths/beliefs or dogma refusing anything that doesn't match their preconceived notions or beliefs about how things are then those people cease truth seeking thus cease walking the spiritual path to god and hence cease being spiritual.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Here is just one example of an evolutionary Christian mysticism. It's important also not to assume with a preconcieved bias, that some among us are not continually seeking and evolving spiritually, even within the "frames" of our "religion" (a word which means "to rejoin") or our "church" (which means to call out from, as if from a preconcieved paradigm..).

ifdarwinprayed.com...

Check it out and you'll see.

There is no way in hell that the universe went from atoms to Shakespeare out of random stabs. This is an extraordinarily driven process. And all of this, without exception, is driven by love.
~ Ken Wilber.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
It's only natural that everyone is awakening spirituality, because it's the only way to get more consciousness.
We have been lied to many many years, but nothing can stop us now. God is part of us.
We are finally growing up has a species, and it's beautiful.

ONE love.
edit on 1-2-2011 by _SilentAssassin_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Yeah it was a bit of an overgeneralization for the sake of brevity. I'd be considered a Cristian mystic myself. Soz for my lack of words but the mystics differ greatly from your average christian I see in churches. I tend to use the word religious to describe these and the mystics are more "spiritualists".
edit on 1-2-2011 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

More and more Christians however are beginning to recognize a sympathetic harmonious connection with Christ of the type which generates Christ-consciousness, which is of a whole different order of consciousness from regular everyday experience. In this sense the "Church" is not unlike a substrate within which a chemical reaction is to take place, although I'm sure then when things begin to "crystalize" that some churchgoers won't be too happy with the result!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

yeah but what happens when you realise that this wasnt the right wave to surf in on and u went to early , caught the wrong fish...surely we all should know that whatever wave we are on now, theres always a better one...

dont get too carried away

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED

but religion without being spiritual is like having a cell phone in 1920

Having a cell phone in 1920 would make me a very very rich man... just saying.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
according to wiki: "Religion is a cultural system that creates powerful and long-lasting meaning, by establishing symbols that relate humanity to truths and values.[1]" anyone who finds their way to "spirituality" uses some sort of a "cultural" influence to get there. it's very unlikely that someone in the 21st century will "find God" without the subconscious influence of their culture, or other cultures.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

More and more Christians however are beginning to recognize a sympathetic harmonious connection with Christ of the type which generates Christ-consciousness, which is of a whole different order of consciousness from regular everyday experience. In this sense the "Church" is not unlike a substrate within which a chemical reaction is to take place, although I'm sure then when things begin to "crystalize" that some churchgoers won't be too happy with the result!

i totally agree with this. I think it will be a big deal (in the future) when the mass of humanity realizes that "Christ" is a level of consciousness, a level that "Jesus" was operating on. Christ consciousness is where we are destined to be, very soon.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
Yeah well, people tend to go psychotic when there world seems to be crumbling around them...

Go figure...

Spoken like a true atheist.

I hope you know Darwin was highly likely a psychopath. I'm not saying he wasn't right, just incomplete and muddled theories in many ways.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior
reply to post by tempesillest

Religion ≠ spirituality.

In fact the two are more like opposites. You made similar ignorant remarks on the other thread the OP was talking about. Most spiritual people on these boards share your dislike of religion, so your preaching to the choir here. Alot of people are waking up out of religion or atheism(those two are surprisingly similar) and into true spirituality.

reply to post by dominicus

I hear ya. It seems to be happening exponentially. Such a great time to be alive huh.
edit on 1-2-2011 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

If I can read posts like this, I can say that humans are really awakening now. Many can now distinguish between spirituality and religion and many can now see that religious people and the atheists are actually on the same boat without them realizing it.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by wavemaker

Many can now distinguish between spirituality and religion and many can now see that religious people and the atheists are actually on the same boat without them realizing it.

I would put it in terms of religious fundamentalists and secular fundamentalists being in the same boat, as opposed to religious humanists and secular humanists.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by tempesillest
they didn't wake up... but fell victim to the plague of the world called religion.

you know why I think religion is full of crap. because there is so many different ones, they all have there "holy books" that claim there is a higher being then us and if we follow them and the teaching we will be rewarded. yet they all disagree with each other and fight and kill over it.

I have heard so many different people coming from different religions claiming that there religion is the true one and they know that for 100% fact, and will swear to me that they know its true, and all other ones are wrong and will talk crap about other religions..

Therefore I conclude they are ALL wrong and these people have been brainwashed or brainwashed themselves into believing it for whatever reason... fear of death, fear of hell, to see loved ones again who have passed, 29 virgins, etc etc

Finding out for yourself through whatever means that you are more than just a lump of meat has nothing to do with religion. I think the assumption that spirituality has to be connected with a certain religion is very short sighted and flat out false.

I'm not religious in the slightest but do have a spiritual understanding. I think your statement is a reaction against organised religion, with which I have to agree with to a certain extent. However it has nothing to do with spirituality.

Science has for some time indicated that there is an underlying quantum field that is interlinked with our consciousness.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I am one of those people whom woke, but then i never was fully not awake like most. Truly I am put off by your referencing most of us as atheist. This signifies a religious bias on your part of at least in my mind it does. I think you are right, it is happening and no, it has nothing to do with organized religion. In fact for those truly awakening, it will not be supportive of atheism nor dogma. Not saying that is where you are, but it may be. I can visualize starry eyed church goers thinking they are right and they only have part of the answer.

I will tell this little tale to illustrate my point. In my process, I actually was awakened one night, taken out of body and a voice told me my light body which I was looking at was a sacred thing. Yup, a religious thingy, but not. So I went into a blog of righteous and nice folks or so I thought. Well I noticed by the second day they were name calling each other, but I entered anyhow to see what they thought of my experience.

Damn, I was stunned. Because I did not belong, I was told I was not a brother and further more my experience was directed by demons and I was possessed. Had I belonged to their church, I would have had contact with angels I suppose. No, you will find those truly awakening will be listening to their higher selves from within and won't run out and join up with the church on the corner or at least most won't.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
"Enlightenment is always an accident
though you can make yourself more accident prone"

Mr rose

"I am that which I seek "

www.youtube.com.../a/f/2/CFKr6-ONLgI

Spiritual strategies on how to realize absolute truth.
These tips for serious seekers are an attempt to light a path to the absolute

in 4 parts

www.youtube.com.../a/u/0/Agm5uJRyHrE

edit on 1-2-2011 by xsheep because: sorry cannot embed these video

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by tempesillest
they didn't wake up... but fell victim to the plague of the world called religion.

you know why I think religion is full of crap. because there is so many different ones, they all have there "holy books" that claim there is a higher being then us and if we follow them and the teaching we will be rewarded. yet they all disagree with each other and fight and kill over it.

I have heard so many different people coming from different religions claiming that there religion is the true one and they know that for 100% fact, and will swear to me that they know its true, and all other ones are wrong and will talk crap about other religions..

Therefore I conclude they are ALL wrong and these people have been brainwashed or brainwashed themselves into believing it for whatever reason... fear of death, fear of hell, to see loved ones again who have passed, 29 virgins, etc etc

I know what you mean. I've followed this exact line of thought for a long time and wound up with the same conclusion. But then I dug deeper and realized that they aren't all wrong, they are all right. To some extent. The truth about it all is, we are intelligence and love and the source from which we came is the universe. Our more local source is the all mighty sun which is also a higher manifestation of intelligence and love.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sailormon
I am one of those people whom woke, but then i never was fully not awake like most. Truly I am put off by your referencing most of us as atheist. This signifies a religious bias on your part of at least in my mind it does. I think you are right, it is happening and no, it has nothing to do with organized religion. In fact for those truly awakening, it will not be supportive of atheism nor dogma. Not saying that is where you are, but it may be. I can visualize starry eyed church goers thinking they are right and they only have part of the answer.

I will tell this little tale to illustrate my point. In my process, I actually was awakened one night, taken out of body and a voice told me my light body which I was looking at was a sacred thing. Yup, a religious thingy, but not. So I went into a blog of righteous and nice folks or so I thought. Well I noticed by the second day they were name calling each other, but I entered anyhow to see what they thought of my experience.

Damn, I was stunned. Because I did not belong, I was told I was not a brother and further more my experience was directed by demons and I was possessed. Had I belonged to their church, I would have had contact with angels I suppose. No, you will find those truly awakening will be listening to their higher selves from within and won't run out and join up with the church on the corner or at least most won't.

You do not need a religion to be a spiritual person. Though you may have a religion and also be spiritual at the same time. Most awakening people though prefer not to have any religious affiliations.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I'm a long time lurker here but recently got an account to make posts. I hope this is relevant. I just want to say that I feel like I am one of the people that have recently "woken up". I've felt changes going on in the world and have actually learned a lot about myself, spiritually speaking. I'm excited to see what else I learn about myself and our world. Granted, I know there is a lot of misunderstandings, disinfo, etc. I take everything with a grain of salt, and I only trust myself in the end. For example, I recently started wearing a quartz crystal around my neck and have actually noticed myself being less stressed since I have been wearing that. I have worked on astral projecting and have learned a LOT about myself and my potentential with that. (I cant wait til I can actually leave my bed, I'm still in the sleep paralysis stage.)
I've learned alot about ETs/UFOs, too.
But anyway, I though I would just like to say, to the OP, that I can vouch for your feeling about waking up as I seem to be one of them.
Can't wait for whats to come.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
That is great, people are starting to realize that god (universe, creator, unlimited unexplainable cosmic energy, whatever you want to call it) exist outside the boxes of religion.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join