It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW, many folks are waking up spiritually ......

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I am a skeptic at this sort of thing, but in the last few years, I have been able to tell what someone is thinking. Also I have these weird "glimpses" where I see places far away, from down the street even to far away solar systems, I see what they look like.
Me a man of logic i came to the consluion that I was crazy and that there had to be something wrong. Yet I am normal, have no history of any mental disorders, yet i can see places I would only dream of seeing in vast detail, even seeing future events before they happen. Friends and family alike have told me I have a gift, yet it goes against the laws of physics.

It's hard to understand because science and logic are all I know, and lately I have been able to move small objects with my mind, to me this should be impossible, logically it cannot happen, so what is happening, evolution of the brain?Or mass delusions?

I wonder, will my offspring say, three or four generations down the line, will they be homo novus?
Homo Sapiens will one day be in history classes, as we look at neanderthals.
edit on 2-2-2011 by Anthony1138 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Pathetic thread. Did you not read her full story? That man didn't wake up, he became mentally ill. For petes sake he kidnapped his family (even his daughter feared him and ran away from him). he yelled and raged at his wife, he told his wife hes going to die soon, he argued and the attacked and faught police officers and was arrested. Thats the result of a spiritual awakening? WTF.. what kind of god or greater spiritual path wants you to attack police officers and scare the # out of your loved ones????

Gimme a break, the poor man snapped and needs medical treatment/help, not to listen to religious/"spiritual" fools like the OP who will tell him not to take his medication and listen to the voices in his head. Pathetic, its so sad in our society how only religious people are excused from completely horrible behaviour like attacking police officers and scaring/yelling at your family.
edit on 2-2-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
i had a similar "experience" in 2009, and i had another one 2 days ago. i've been obsessed with finding out what it was, i'm leaning more towards saying it was an out of body experience, which encompasses more than it sounds like. the same process as the first time got me there, basically thinking deeply about consciousness, existence, the "beginning", and the singularity before the beginning aka big bang. usually when thinking of that stuff, especially since it happened the first time, i make it a point to do what i can to not think of it because i know where it can lead. so i start trying to think about anything else like trying to remember the names of everyone i went to high school with, or just other pointless things. for some reason i couldn't get away from it night before last. i was t the point right before falling asleep, then started thinking about the sun, and eventually moved out from there deeper into space, at this point it started to seem like a dream (which i'm sure it sounds like but somehow i know it wasn't a dream, i'm just not capable of explaining it in what we know of as language). i was moving fast, but it wasn't like star wars or anything with white lines passing by, it was just movement. i have no clue where i was getting pulled to(and by i, i mean my consciousness), but the farther i got away from our solar system, the more i felt plugged in to whatever it was i felt plugged into the first time this happened in october 2009. whatever it was that had me feel like i was plugged into something that had all the information about anything in the universe, and the point where if you're plugged in you automatically know the answer to anything you or anyone else has ever asked all time through all existence. the farther i got the deeper the understanding got, then i all the sudden i got that instant sense of hyper awareness, realized what was happening, felt like i could see the entire universe, space and time included, as a whole, but with the burden of still trying to be a sentient individual being, and literally the instant i thought "i'm not ready. i don't want to do this. stop." i got slammed, and i mean SLAMMED back into my body. however far the distance (distance being the only word i can use to explain something that can't be explained fully in verbal language) was that i traveled was backtracked 10 times faster than it took me to get where i was, like i had a rope tied to my consciousness from my body, and the primal instinct of "oh sh*t where am i, i don't want to die" pulled me back to my body faster than whatever was pulling me out of my body towards it, whatever "it" was. the point between when i got back to my room and saw myself from above, and the point where my consciousness was back in my body was absolutely terrifying, and just like the first time i literally bounced off my bed, stood up, and grabbed the f-ing wall because i had the very same feeling of free fall like i had the first time. there have been only 2 other times where my heart was beating as hard as it was at that point. it wasn't beating fast at all though, it was a really slow heart beat, but it was like it was trying to burst through my chest. it seems like the experience was shorter than the first time maybe because i could realize what was happening sooner, but it was way way more intense.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I frequent this site alot, and enjoy the substance of the discussions. I think its nice when people say they "wake" up in regards to whats going on in the world. I became keen and developed reservations about organized religion once I decided to look outside the box of where people tell you to look. I'm pretty sure I came across a certain author that I hold in high regard as to his research of religion, spirituality, and the way he makes it very approachable in terms of a collective outside the box disposition, on this website. His name is John Lamb Lash. He goes by John Lash by some author credits. His website is www.metahistory.org . He's the author of numerous books including one I am still digesting, 'Not in His Image' and 'The Seekers Handbook' which I just purchased. I encourage anyone who happens upon this message to check him out. He breaks down the whole enchilada: ET's, mother earth, transcendentalism, meditation, the source. He includes footnotes and areas for fact checking. Any fans out there?
edit on 2-2-2011 by blackvelvetz because: mistake in point of thought

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
im just hoping for the day my boss awakens and quits being a douchebag........oh yeah and......when my kid quits kissing her justin bieber posters........i have a rough life i know....lol

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by tempesillest

I see your point, but there is a big difference in my opinion, between spirituality and religion, I consider myself spiritual, not religous. The OP didnt claim these people are goin to catholic church every sunday etc. he talked about their spiritual veiw.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by darkest4

The violent outburst was more than likely an adverse reaction to a drug or medication in the first place.

Mania often does lead to spiritual types of experiences. That does not mean that scientists need to build a time machine to go back and bring psychiatric medication to the billions of people throughout history that have had mystical states of awareness or "psychosis". I am certain if contemporary people having these mental, or spiritual, issues were allowed to just naturally go through them without the negative side effects and nihilistic worldview of atheism and psychiatry, the people would heal and become better and more caring/sensitive/aware/intuitive etc. etc.

This idea of mental illness has gone too far. Psychiatry has gone too far. The majority of homicides and suicides and school shootings etc etc are a result of adverse reactions to psychiatric drugs. Just taking these drugs properly, there is still written in the inserts and acknowledged by the FDA and everyone else, that suicidal and homicidal behavior our common side effects. Now take into account the fact that they are addictive and can cause major withdrawals when stopped. Think about the millions of people that forget to take a dose or just stop completely because they are unaware of the consequences. Or the doctors who have no idea and change the doses or do a switch to a different drug or add another one on top of it. This is a disaster. Doctors are playing with fire and causing these violent outbursts and psychosis.

If you are a victim of the propaganda of psychiatry and are taking these drugs, you can pretty much say goodbye to any notion of having a spiritual awakening.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LelandDupuy

You need to check out george kavassilas check out his videos, I find it amazing, he had a similar experience of what you are describing except he went for it instead of going right back to his body, amazing stuff!!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
You need to ask yourself within if you want to break free. ONLY YOURSELF. Since only you can change your reality. So the path your on now, is what you chose to be on. But all paths lead to the same place, back to the spirit. Its just obstacles, hurdles we have to go through first.

I was "awoken" when i had my past life regression, then later having a view of a me in another multiverse/phase. One of the best/worst experiences of my life.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED
yes its amazing...
the universe and especially human beings are so much more spiritual then science want us to believe.

according to science if you can't messure it with a ruler or send a rocket there, its just some phoney relious stuff...

pfft, how wrong they are

Sorry, this is not true. Science doesn't lie and has no agenda. The scientific process, governed by logic and empirical knowledge, is a major accomplishment for mankind.

How the scientific community is being controlled and "guided" is a whole different topic ...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anthony1138
I am a skeptic at this sort of thing, but in the last few years, I have been able to tell what someone is thinking. Also I have these weird "glimpses" where I see places far away, from down the street even to far away solar systems, I see what they look like.
Me a man of logic i came to the consluion that I was crazy and that there had to be something wrong. Yet I am normal, have no history of any mental disorders, yet i can see places I would only dream of seeing in vast detail, even seeing future events before they happen. Friends and family alike have told me I have a gift, yet it goes against the laws of physics.

It's hard to understand because science and logic are all I know, and lately I have been able to move small objects with my mind, to me this should be impossible, logically it cannot happen, so what is happening, evolution of the brain?Or mass delusions?

I wonder, will my offspring say, three or four generations down the line, will they be homo novus?
Homo Sapiens will one day be in history classes, as we look at neanderthals.
edit on 2-2-2011 by Anthony1138 because: (no reason given)

What you describe is truly unusual. Sounds like you are a walking miracle. Does anyone in your family have such powers? What is your education/occupation? How old are you?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
After reading this thread... it seems to me that a lot of "un-spiritual" people seem to have a hard time understanding what the OP has clearly stated.

These are people who have had SPIRITUAL experiences- NOT religious experiences.

The two are entirely different concepts- spirituality being the personal development of a higher path and seeking of the truth, while religion is the dogma that tells people what to believe and do. A person who is spiritual will seek and find the truth from within themselves- such as these personal experiences the OP is talking about.

I'll make it easy:

Spiritual: Personal
Religion: Impersonal

Religions like to "scoop-up" people who have had religious experiences by trying to classify them among their own dogmas and beliefs, which totally ruins the point.

I think some of the atheists on this thread are falling into the most classic dogma of atheism- if you have a spiritual experience, you have mental illness.

Millions upon Millions upon MILLIONS of people have had spiritual experiences- yet according to all atheists, they are delusional, have a mental disorder, or are seeking attention.

But I guess an atheist can't be wrong- there is no way to "prove" that someone isn't mentally ill or unstable- using the medicinal diagnostic guidelines of the 21st century, the excitable kid has ADHD and must be medicated, and the women who is feeling sad must be given drugs to make her feel better because she is depressed.

It seems that anyone who doesn't fall into the current materialistic paradigm gets diagnosed with one of the over 400 different diagnosable mental disorders.

Lets not forget, however, a few words spoken by one of- if not the most famous scientist:

"We should take care not to make the intellect our god; it has, of course, powerful muscles, but no personality." - Albert Einstein

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I hate threads like this. This whole "waking up" thing seems to be all over the Net, and then I have relatives and friends who have the same thing happening. It does make it hard to stay completely skeptical when I'm seeing the same kinds of things being reported everywhere I look.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Damn! My girlfriend and I just had a spiritual experience last night (I've been awake for a while but this experience with her has helped us in many ways -- I'm connected to her in ways I never thought possible; I knew I loved her before, but now it's just solidified for the time being.

However, her best friend, whom I just starting getting to know somehow starts saying things that we [myself and my girlfriend] had just talked about. One thing led to another and the three of us were having a completely new experience.

So, in 2 days my girlfriend and I have a spiritual experience, and then her & I & her best friend.

I just logged onto ATS now since I couldn't sleep and I'm glad I did because I now see much more hope for not just myself but humanity as a whole.

I wish us all the best.

Peace, Love & Respect to you all.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
well IT seems to me when people suffer depression and they feel out of control of their own circumstances...in otherwords...when times are bad they turn to spirituality as they see no other way out....just as in third world countries spiritualism runs deep amongst the natives.
Is it a bad thing to become spiritual based on hardships...I would think not...but I would hope one still keeps an open mind.
right now people are scared as many face the dilemnas of life and need to see hope in something.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I don't know exactly what a "spiritual experience" is exactly or what would qualify as one. But someone touched my wife on the back of her neck the other day at the house as i sat next to her. This occurred a couple of times. It was like a "hey im here" kind of thing. I told her i believed her and it was just h0ly spirits passing by wanting to wake her up. She really never believed me when i told her that I was in tune with the beings around us. Not fully until now. I think she understands that this life is not just it... there is more and we are eternal beings. She has changed significantly since. She was going through a hard time with her family before that and realizes who she is. Her view has changed drastically. Im taken back a bit at this.

Everyone experience is their own, I do not know what people are experiencing it be enlightenment or a feelings overwhelming love or something supernatural. Myself i struggle to be patient with the religious aspect of things. Myself i have always considered my faith "spiritual" and my relationship with the creator without need of a mediator or some man to tell me what God is or what God thinks. I have been gifted since i was a kid. I was still born dead and sprang to life. I suppose this being dead did something to me. I have had a knowing that this finale is approaching since a child. With that the ability to know when you are going to die, when a child is born as well. I have had visions of coming events that came to be. I have had spirits come to me and communicate with me. I am perfectly sane and have kept these things to myself. I tried to tell my loved ones but they just scoffed. I will save the tangent but i sit here and cant help but be amused at what is happening, something i have always known coming to be.

Whatever it is for you im glad to see you "wake up" and realize the real reality. As we approach these times of great change don't panic. Whatever happens will happen, you are an eternal consciousness. Enjoy your life and appreciate the people and loved ones in your life. You will understand what is really important

What a lot of people are going to see is a lot of spiritual activity. The dead shall walk the earth, what that means is we will become aware of the souls around us. We are coming together. That is a the strong feeling im getting.
edit on 2-2-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-2-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Monts

I think the "you can understand things within your heart" or "evolve into divinity" concepts are lies. If the entities tell you something is going to happen and it does not happen then they are not from God. If spirits are real, why do you suppose that because they put of a mantle of light they are telling the truth? If they lie about what is to come, can't they be deceiving spirits trying to fool you into voluntarily throwing salvation for a lie? We are warned to test the spirits.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Monts

Thanks for explaining that, I couldn't explain it better. That was what I was trying to say i just read your post. Yes I guess in that case i have had "spiritual" experiences all my life. Especially these past few years among some soul searching. These are things unassociated from the supernatural aspect. All though "they" are part of it and have been there for me in hard times.

Well said about Religious Dogma as well

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I'm glad this thread has, for the most part, moved away from the bickering that encompassed the beginning pages
There really is no reason for it.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

It is comprehensible for your confusions on the divine.

In our current world, such confusions and mixed messages are bombarded daily into us, resulting in us not knowing what is true or false anymore, and thus the skepticism and cynicisms often. Better to be apathetic, not care and live one's life cocooned and sheltered, protected from the raging storms, even alone if need be.

But all these is unnecessary, for that journey with our precious gift of life CAN be made more fruitful if we but share and learn. We are flaw mortals and only prone to errors. But we have the capacity to make changes and correct our errors.

Some presume that being enlighted or awakened would mean a ton of work to do, to change the world, perform big and large deeds and being applauded by the world.

But unfortunately, such beliefs are only based on one's ego, and during that journey which at times is filled with the pain of reality, but a truth we must courageously confront. will one learn to drop that ego.

To be awaken is only to perform simple deeds to those we care and love whom loved us and others around us. Helping an old lady across the road is certainly no guidance from a presumed 'evil spirit'. Giving food to the homeless is too no guidance from a presumed 'evil spirit'.

It comes from your heart, of which all good comes from with the gift of life, and you will know. It is love, another gift from our Creator, whom loved us all. And by love for your loved ones will that anchor be in the ravages and comming malestroms. We will need each other more for strengths over what is to come and must never again be divided.

You don't need to be a John Wayne to the world. You only need to be one to your loved ones, and when each of us do that, none will be left behind, for our families, relatives and friends makes up our entire society, if not the world, for we are all related by race - Human.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join