It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW, many folks are waking up spiritually ......

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Thought I'd share my own story of spiritual awakening/ getting back in touch with religion or faith....

I had a really rough year starting in the end of 2009...family lost our house before christmas, diagnosed with stress anxiety/ depression (I just didn't want to ever get out of bed.) I failed out of college, kicked out of the fraternity I was a week away from being a brother in, thus losing a lot of friends, lost my great grandmother who was a large part of my childhood after years of battling with alzheimer's, I had taken a downward spiral in smoking my pains away ( I don't think mary jane is bad if used responsibly, like alcohol )

Then this October after not going to class at my community college for a month or so, one morning I woke up and decided to go in and talk to an adviser to schedule classes for spring semester, something told me to and I still can't explain why. Well when I went in I saw a sign for the Disney College Program call out meeting the following afternoon, and I went, then applied, then got called back for the phone interview, and finally got accepted and am starting my internship tomorrow.

This really helped me find faith and spirituality again, (I was raised in a christian house and had honestly lost hope and faith in god after the last year.) I felt like I woke up that day and some other power helped me along that way to getting my life on track, I was headed down a dark road but I really felt like I have myself back again.

Idk just my two cents, I think it's great if more and more people are waking up spiritually even if you don't have a relationship with a religion, it doesn't make us psychotic or delusional. Hell I was placed on anti psychotic meds when I lost touch with God.
edit on 1-2-2011 by Kennypowers because: typo

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Science is nowhere close to proving the existence of any such thing, despite the claims of the Deepak Chopra types.

actually you'd be surprised ..........stereotyping "deepak chopra types" really wont get us anywhere when it very well may be these "types" that reveal the proof of the spiritual. Just like how the founders of the quantum fields used to be scoffed at by the status quo .....and now its common knowledge.

Having a certain standard by which we establish the existence of things and determine truth are hardly "walls of bias". In fact, you are subject to them as well and in the last sentence you claimed science was validating your beliefs. Scientific standards are good when used to confirm your beliefs, scientific standards are bad when you can't overcome their standards to validate your beliefs.

They are "walls of bias" when standards of establishing the existence of things aren't concrete and absolute ....just like 200 years ago it was impossible to detect atoms (now common knowledge) so to these standards today are limited and ever changing.

I'm not one to say scientific standards are good or bad ...they are what they are. Personally knowing that science is primarily based on materialism, its rather obvious that science has yet to find proof of God (they're not looking for God) Science is just only know beginning to study consciousness(something just 15 years ago considered psuedo science) and is just now starting to break out of its materialistic biased chains.

Common human conditions don't have to be experienced by all people. Baldness is a common human condition not experienced by all people.

Thats not what I meant ..... to see, smell, hear, know feel the top of Mt. Everest ...you'd have to go there personally. You can read all about Mt. Everest, the mechanics of snow, the physics of the mountain, etc etc ....but to actually go there and know the experience at the top is a whole other matter.

Explanations through mystical/spiritual jargon might be true. First, define mystical and spiritual, then establish their existence as true, then prove that the explanations through such jargon is true. Until then, we have better means.

Its only "mystical and spiritual" jargon to those outside of the experiences. To those who experience these relaities they are true and completely normal and part of the real You.

So is it a matter of proving to you that its real or you proving to me that its not real ....its circular logic.

To define anything is to enter semantic fields of subjectivity ...the very same fields that are annihilated upon a spiritual awakening. The only thing that can be done is to have an awakening yourself ...how that is accomplished is not necessarily up to me....especially if there is pre-conceived bias and skepticism then it makes such an awakening sooo much harder to happen when anything pre-conceived or bias is a sort of mechanical intellectual mental prison of sorts.

Your standards of proving the existence of such things are specifically defined and biased ......this Spiritual reality is undefined and of itself devoid of bias ....... and yet can be experienced as the underlying reality of all things. The trouble here is proving the unlimited using limitations....... and yet the Unlimited is here.

Now that you've defined it you must prove it. If "Truth" is an externally existing, objective, non-relative and ever present entity... provide the objective evidence to prove it and/or demonstrate its existence.

I'm not defining Truth by any means ......definitions are cheap and incomparable pointers (these words to talk about that which is beyond words). You can use logic to determine that the definition and description of something is not the same as that actual something. The thought of a rock is not the actual rock.

I never said it is externally existing ..... It is as much within as it is without..... Internal and external at the same time. All encompassing, non-relativity.

What kind of evidence do you want if science is just barely scraping the surface and yet tons of people experience this directly? The kind of evidence you ask for seems like a misnomer.

Yet I can bring together 2 different people who never met each other, yet are experiencing this Truth ....and they will for the most part agree to the fact that it is a real experience of something very real.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
We are all connected... of course we are all affecting each other and forcing a domino effect. Let yourself fall!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
yeh the domino effect is getting faster n faster

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I think the scientific view and spiritual view could both be true
I've been bi-polar all along but I refuse to take anything these big corporations make. So I know how this man must feel. I think it's a genetic thing mostly and it becomes active when the person has life changing stressful events. With the economy crashing and burning and so many people losing their homes and people becoming politically aware for the first time and fear of starvation war famine pestilence it's no wonder a lot of people who may have dormant bi-polar tendencies could blow up into full scale bi-polar under these circumstances.
I've recently gone from being atheist/agnostic/nihilist to having a much more spiritual meditative existence and believing miracles actually do happen in some sense and there is more to existence than what we perceive in this holographic world.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
As soon as last month I woke up. I wasn't looking for it. I was researching ancient civilizations and stone structures for a few months and getting high a lot. That somehow led me closer to spirituality. I won't push my beliefs since all of ours differ in one way or another. But there's definitely something going on right now that's real special. A good friend of mine too is also going through an awakening.

Science and spirituality are eventually going to be one in the same (again) for good and the world will be set free. Can't wait!
edit on 1-2-2011 by searchoftruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Originally posted by dominicus

It is something that has to be experienced to be known ...anything outside of that is intellectualizing conceptualizing using the realm of thought which automatically takes us out of the reality of that experienced truth.....

this Truth is not like a remembered phone number ..which is relative to you and your associations to that number. This truth is both objective ad subjective at the same time, non-relative, alive, permeates everything, is pure unadulterated intelligence and Love ....

How do you explain a permanent epiphany? You can't because conceptualizing it intellectually brings that permanence into the realm of assumptions/speculations/subjectivity/bias ......but the permanence of the Epiphany is still there and is no relative nor has nothing to do with: (assumptions/speculations/subjectivity/bias)

Things that are subjectively experienced and relative only to me are not objective truths. Calling such experiences "truth" is empty, and it places any delusion on the same plane of validity as any valid realization. That which cannot be demonstratedt as "truth" to another individual cannot even be defined as to exist, let alone labeled as "truth".

The truth is the combination of an infinite number of possibilities all present at the same point in time. Every thought, every feeling is all part of the truth. Even our own subjective definitions of the word "truth" is still the truth.

Therefore your opinion that we can never truly know truth is just as "truthful" as someone who is more inclined to believe in a vast, all-encompassing knowledge.

The beauty that polar opposites are essentially the same form of being.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Tangled2011

Tangled2011,
Hey man ...really REALLY thanks for posting this and sharing with us. i is a beacon and definitely more proof and light to the skeptics that change is coming. Really great to hear this from you and you have my utmost respect and Love for posting this here......

Also I can see on the board not just hard-liner Atheistic/Agnostic types clinging to their old frames of reference ...but also see quite a few dogmatic literal fundamentalist types ........ To all the Jesus is the only way folks ...all of these things and the awakening taking place is entirely adaptable to your own fundamental frames of reference as well, and supported in the Bible. (this may be the beginnings of rapture type event!!! who knows!!!. However dont be surprised when your experience of God isn't anything like what you thought it would be (Some guy with a beard on a cloud striking down vengeance on the planet)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
the second coming of christ people talk about is actualy US becoming christed being or buddhas or whatever label you want to give it.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
we are caterpillers turning into butterflys

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamJagger1111

the second coming of christ people talk about is actualy US becoming christed being or buddhas or whatever label you want to give it. we are caterpillers turning into butterflys

yea I thought about that too ....that Christ would come back as millions of People undergoing Christhood and as One ...defeating all ignorance and Illusion. That would just be the cats tail man ..... real exciting times, front row seats, people waking up that in a million years I would never expect, all types of folks coming out the woodwerks on ATS, in person, u2u's........ rather exhilarating. Can't wait man, I really can't wait ...this stuff is AWESOME!!!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

the second coming of christ people talk about is actualy US becoming christed being or buddhas or whatever label you want to give it. we are caterpillers turning into butterflys

yea I thought about that too ....that Christ would come back as millions of People undergoing Christhood and as One ...defeating all ignorance and Illusion. That would just be the cats tail man ..... real exciting times, front row seats, people waking up that in a million years I would never expect, all types of folks coming out the woodwerks on ATS, in person, u2u's........ rather exhilarating. Can't wait man, I really can't wait ...this stuff is AWESOME!!!!!

That is basically the idea of The Divine Milieu by Pierre Teilhard de Chardin. The NOOSPHERE is here now and growing. People are waking up and joining it. Praise Divine Providence!

"For Teilhard, Christ today is not just Jesus of Nazareth risen from the dead, but rather a huge, continually evolving Being as big as the universe. In this colossal, almost unimaginable Being each of us lives and develops in consciousness, like living cells in a huge organism. At various times, theologians have described this great Being as the Total Christ, the Cosmic Christ, the Whole Christ, the Universal Christ or the Mystical Body of Christ.

With the help of all the human sciences as well as the scriptures, Teilhard shows how we—the cells and members of the Body of Christ—can participate in and nurture the life of the Total Christ. He also shows, thanks to the continuing discoveries of science, how we can begin to glimpse where that great Being is headed and how we can help promote its fulfillment." www.teilhardforbeginners.com...

edit on 1-2-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

yeh dude! i started waking up 5 years ago and i couldn't find hardly no one ,but now i can see it all over the place!
its the most amazing thing ever to realize you are much more than a mere mortal.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
also knowing that masses of us are going through this together we are all turning the hate, fear,greed into LOVE,peace,unity

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamJagger1111
also knowing that masses of us are going through this together we are all turning the hate, fear,greed into LOVE,peace,unity

Have you, as an individual, chosen this for yourself?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sinohptik

yeh

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
took them long enough

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

lol

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
absolutely, I see those similar things around me too.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

You certainly have not shown it in your responses in this thread.

Those who are truly awake, realize the folly in saying they are as such. The meaning of it is lost in the rubble from whence it came. You have exhibited much aggression in this area alone.

You are currently an agent of division.

Read your responses throughout this thread.

i am but a mirror in this circumstance.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join