It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hooter's manager pleads no contest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   
From www.cnn.com/2004/law/07/12/hooters.videos.ap/index.html.

A 32 year old Hooters manager pleaded no contest to charges he was video taping female applicants while they changed into Hooter's uniforms. He was charged with five felony counts, included two counts of using a minor for a sex act. He will be sentenced to five years in a state prison.

I wonder what makes people like this tick. They seem to have no normal thoughts at all. He was out only for his own pleasure, never thinking of the consequenses or what the girls he abused thought or felt. At least he got caught and convicted!

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
This is one of the many reasons that prositution should be legalized and regulated. How much crime and violence could be avoided if some of these frustrated men could just go get laid once and a while

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
This is one of the many reasons that prositution should be legalized and regulated. How much crime and violence could be avoided if some of these frustrated men could just go get laid once and a while

I guess that men don't have to controll their urges? Women don't seem to have a problem with it. Nor do men have any other outlet for their "frustrations" , thats why God gave you hands. This argument for legalizing prostitution is probably as old as the trade itself. In the end people do what they do because they choose to make bad decisions, its not that they don't know what they are doing is immoral and harmful to the victim , its just that their needs are greater than their conscience.

Personally I don't think that legalising prostitution would change the way these guys behave. They gain their jollies out of the danger of the act. Also there is a big market out there for this kind of tape...

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
These people get there kicks from the act, if prostitution were legal he'd be one of those guys that pay to watch instead of doing.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Why do some men act like such hypocrites?

Sure it is fine to legalize prostitution. It isn't their soul that is being sacrificed. Until you can honestly say that you think prostitution is a profession fit for your own daughter - you have no right to encourage that kind of life on anyone through legal or illegal means.

The problem for me is this. Men treat prostitutes like whores. As if the men are somehow better than them? What a joke! Which gender is the worlds poster child for sexual abuse in all its forms? Gee maybe if these types of men didn't exist prostitution wouldn't be such a problem

I'm just ranting because people who support a legal sex trade have no idea what goes on in the real world.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Well, Myn, unless you have a penis, you really don't know what men are and aren't capable of in that regard do you? If you are a woman, you just aren't wired the same way

Let me explain something. Men are raised in this society to believe that if you aren't getting regular sex with a hot woman, you are somehow less of a man, and a failure. It's everywhere you look in society. Fortune, fame, and health are all good, but you can have all those and still be considered a failure because you aren't getting any sex.

Here in the capitalist center of the world, you can buy your way out of jail, you can buy a political office, you can buy a child, you can buy a firearm, you can buy just about anything you can think of except... a simple harmless roll in the hay with a willing female. How stupid is that?

Now with the case of this Hooter's manager, of course it was wrong and he should suffer whatever penalties he gets. I don't excuse or condone mistreatment and exploitation against someone's will, I'm just saying that men in western society are trained from birth to be sexually obsessessed and that this incedent doesn't surprise me at all.

Give some of these losers another outlet. Let them go buy a little easing of the mental pressure. You are right, the physical needs are relatively easy to deal with. It's the mental programming that I think many can't shake.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by pumpkyn
I'm just ranting because people who support a legal sex trade have no idea what goes on in the real world.

I'm wondering how you can say that. I live in the real world every bit as much as you do. A woman's body is hers to do what she wants with. Period. I don't qualify that. I don't make exceptions to that. She can pierce it, tattoo it, get it fat, keep it thin, excercise it, cosmetically alter it, reproduce with it, whatever. I see no reason at all why she shouldn't be able to sell it, IF SHE CHOOSES!

If I had a daughter, and she was committed to making her living as a sex provider after all reasonable attempts to disuade her, I would then hope that she would be the best sex provider possible and that she would be able to persue her CHOSEN career in as safe and as regulated an enviorment as possible. Believe that or not. Any principles I espouse apply to me and mine as well. No double standards here.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Ambient,

Yes a woman's body is hers to do with as she pleases. But you yourself said it is a society problem as well.

Men are taught by the media to have no emotions, think with their penis and to seek a loving relationship on which to build a family. It is the crappy double standard that society creates that i despise. Both men and women are oppressed in this society in subtle ways. It is this oppression that i am against.

I am very much opposed to prostitution because of the way people treat them. If people felt are were equal and treated them with the respect they deserve as a human being then maybe it wouldn't be such a problem.

I am just viewing my opinion from the point of view of a woman who has seen men in society repeatedly glorify strippers and prostitutes and then turn around and look down upon them as the dirty sluts of the world. What makes men or women think they are any better than the sad souls of strippers and prostitues?

Maybe if you yourself were a prostitute you would understand why it is a sad scarey world in which to live and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

just my opinion

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
1)The tragedy of the matter is that "making it" with a prostitute doesn't improve the guys self esteem, in fact it has the opposite effect, he realises more than ever that he is a loser because he had to pay for it. Ambient: you and the other guys on this thread automatically assumed this guy couldn't get laid.

2) If you ever did some research on prostitutes and their attitudes and reasons for prostituting themselves you will see that frequently they either came from abusive homes or abusive relationships. Self esteem is once again at issue here. They feel that the only thing of worth they have to sell is themselves, and at that price it must be something worth owning. What little girl with healthy instincts says I wanna be a hooker when I grow up? I want to sleep with dirty men for $50.00 and potentially get raped, beaten and abused?

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
We live in a society that advocates sex, everything from a t-shirt ad to selling a jar of mayonaise points to that issue and it does not stop there, the clothes we wear , the T.V, movies and dvds we watch, the music we listen to sex is everywhere in out society. The problem comes in when all this sublimal and otherwise messages reach people who can not handle it in a normal way, they then seek deviant ways to get their own pleasure.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Interesting that sex and deviant tangents, are built into the animal system and mentalities. It cannot be suppressed with any civilized thought. It is animal behavior, on all levels, however skewed.

So an urge caused a less than adult mentality to take advantage of a situation before him at hooters. I would suspect this to be more of a learned behavior instead of an invented one. IE - parents or early childhood experiences.

This helps to explain why infidelity is so common and more or less acceptable social behavior, outside of divorce court. Until some revelation and social environment changing event occurs, causing the masses to consider more conservative sexual behavior, expect things like this to continue and probably increase, as the traits are passed from gen-2-gen.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
For some reason I can't get that link... I get the 404 Not Found message. But secret taping is the hobby of the morally bankrupt, all the same.

As for men thinking with their penises,well... my own theory is that maybe they do this because they have to have the thing in their hands at least 4 or 5 times a day. Women never have to actually touch themselves, toilet paper being a sufficient barrier. But men have to be hands-on in order to do the basic function of relieving themselves. Maybe all that necessary penis time adds up to it having a cabinet position in their minds!

The sex trade is dirty and rife with corruption and abuse. Children sold into it. Women beaten and robbed. No real protections for them from any law enforcement. Maybe if it were done like they do in Nevada it could work, but it's still dicey. Even as a legitimate business, they're still considered whores and carry the stigma of it.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by pumpkyn
I am very much opposed to prostitution because of the way people treat them. If people felt are were equal and treated them with the respect they deserve as a human being then maybe it wouldn't be such a problem.

I believe Ambient mentioned regulating the industry. Besides that, I would give the example of many service employees (waiters, tech support, ...) who get insulted to their faces often on the job.

1)The tragedy of the matter is that "making it" with a prostitute doesn't improve the guys self esteem, in fact it has the opposite effect, he realises more than ever that he is a loser because he had to pay for it. Ambient: you and the other guys on this thread automatically assumed this guy couldn't get laid.

Unless the guy is mature enough to understand that he's paying for a service. In general, people don't pay for things that they can get for free. If he thinks there's a stigma associated with his (hypothetically) legal action, it would be his responsibility as an adult to stop.

What little girl with healthy instincts says I wanna be a hooker when I grow up? I want to sleep with dirty men for $50.00 and potentially get raped, beaten and abused?

I don't know. Garbage men and janitors probably didn't aspire to their jobs as children. Hookers could reject dirty men or charge extra. People expose themselves to possible rape, beating, and abuse in many situations.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Well, five years in prison will teach him well. I hope he will be able to walk when he gets out.

By the way, those posters who said that doing it with a prostitute lowers one's self esteem are so right.

Men have the instinct to get laid with as many women as they can, in order to spread their genes, but the greatest pleasure comes when you get the woman to truly look up to you...that's why really great men are great girl hunters, and the more girls they have, the more women want them (because women can sense when a man is good in bed, with self-esteem, and strong enough to raise a family with them).

Therefore, prostitution not only violates our cultural principles, but our instincts too.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
Men have the instinct to get laid with as many women as they can, ...

Therefore, prostitution not only violates our cultural principles, but our instincts too.

But then don't instincts and cultural principles contradict each other? Why do we outlaw polygamy?

And isn't legal prostitution going on anyway? Is it really that uncommon for women to marry into wealth for that purpose?

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
1)The tragedy of the matter is that "making it" with a prostitute doesn't improve the guys self esteem, in fact it has the opposite effect, he realises more than ever that he is a loser because he had to pay for it.

Everybody "PAYS FOR IT" one way....or another.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Ok the guy is a big dummy but hey they were very pretty girls and most men and some women would want to look or take a peek. He will get what he deserves he should have resisted but now he must pay the price. I dont think much more than that should be read into it.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Links?
Where are the links to the video? huh?

ok,
Seriously. They were changing into skimpy costumes. Maybe as revealing
as their undergarments...Face it, the girls ARE selling sex. Hooters is selling sex.
The chicken wings aren't THAT great.

On the OTHER hand. They had an expectation of privacy, that was violated.
There should be some sort of penalty for that.

On the Other hand (pretend I have 3 hands)
I live where prostitution is LEGAL..
We HAD a Hooters in town, It has since closed. A lot of people were outraged, they said the place would ruin the image of my town.

I am confused..

top topics

join