It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superbowl Day : 2/6/11 - An event

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes

Originally posted by Australiana
Well the game has been on for 20 mins and nothing happening - so all good and I don't believe that something is going to happen either.

Oh Yeah. Something is happening, all right! PS is getting their butts kicked!

Go Packers!

What are the pads about though, REAL men play rugby

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by rufusthestuntbum

Actually, it's been proven that there are many more injuries, including fatal injuries in American Football. Supposedly, it has to do WITH them wearing pads. More forceful hits and leniency is to blame, as well as the promoting of the strong' hitters. The ones to cause the most harm, get the most airtime on recaps and marketing purposes.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
Unless I missed it, I have not read one possibility. Maybe all the fear mongering is to in fact get more people to watch for "something" to happen. When at the end of the night, TPTB still win, because they got additional ratings whether people were actually interested in the game or not.

On another note, what would a terrorist groups main objective be? Getting more people to see the destruction itself OR to kill as many people as possible. IF their goal was mainly to get as many Americans to watch and see the act then the SB would be a good place, but, if they wanted the numbers itself, wouldn't the Daytona 500 be more of a place to get the casualty numbers. Just spitballin'.

You are probably spot on the money - It's on free TV (BBC) in the UK this year - and I actually went as far to Wikipedia the rules vs rugby league so I understand it, if it wasn't for ATS, I'd NEVER be up at 1am watching the fricking superbowl. To be honest I'll probably end up getting sky sports to watch the league games as well because it's pretty good

edit on 6-2-2011 by rufusthestuntbum because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Its bigger in person, if you can believe it.

If you include standing room (like the Party Passes), it can hold 110,000.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by riddle6

Its bigger in person, if you can believe it.

If you include standing room (like the Party Passes), it can hold 110,000.

Do you still have standing terraces over there?!?!?
It's missing the banter and atmosphere you get in normal football I think, the FA Cup final is pretty electric.
110k is a MASSIVE stadium though by our standards

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
FWIW, (and someone else may have already posted it) but George W. Bush and wife are in attendance at the SuperBowl so nothing NWO sanctioned will take place....enjoy the halftime festivities and remainder of the game.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Yeah, the standing room is still there. I haven't heard about how many people are using "Party Passes" (the standing room) for this game, but I would assume that its as many as Fire Code would allow. They also sold these parking lot passes that are similar to the "Party Passes", but you're outside. They charged $200 for you to stand in the freaking parking lot and watch a big screen.
No freaking thank you.

Needless to say, there's a whole lot of people there that could be hurt if something went wrong.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
FWIW, (and someone else may have already posted it) but George W. Bush and wife are in attendance at the SuperBowl so nothing NWO sanctioned will take place....enjoy the halftime festivities and remainder of the game.

Imho that means nothing. These people would kill their own mother to further their agenda. Besides it would be justice served for all the people angry @ Bush.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
OMG the Black Eyed Peas are fricking awful live, AND they are using antares autotune, still out of tune!!
This must be a terrifying event for all those poor souls at the game...

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The disaster just happened!

Fergie sang!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I just realized that an event during half time wouldn't work too terribly well because they show it on a delay after the Janet Jackson "nipple-gate" event of a few years ago.
edit on 6-2-2011 by riddle6 because: spelling

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I think it's a possibility that aliens were on their way....but turned around when they heard fergie's terrible rendition of "sweet child o mine"...what a way to wreck a great song.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Michelle129th

For the amount of $$ spent on the superbowl you'd think the sound would be spot on.
Cool choreography though.
edit on 6-2-2011 by jaynkeel because: add comment

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
HAHA All the pretty lights distracted me from that terrible music, why did fergie have to go and open her mouth?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Nothing will happen, Bush and his buddies are there.

CX

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by rufusthestuntbum
OMG the Black Eyed Peas are fricking awful live, AND they are using antares autotune, still out of tune!!
This must be a terrifying event for all those poor souls at the game...

They have always been absoloutely appauling live, i didn't see the performance earlier but heard they were going to sing. I cringed at the thought.

Why do they do that? With so much talent in the world of music, they pick a group that have none when it comes to performing live.

CX.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

On the one hand that is true, but on the other hand that would give them plausible deniability.

Listening to the video(www.youtube.com...) the author suggests they would leave the game using underground mono-rails before anything happens.. but yeah, it's pretty much all speculation so who really knows.

We'll see in a while though.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I'm so sick of these threads, people "feeling" something will happen. Every single time there is a big sporting event these threads pop up. Next time you get a "feeling" something will happen take some pills, or better yet, see a psychiatrist and stop plaguing this website with these horrible predictions threads based on nothing but "feeling"..

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

It takes leather balls to play rugby.
Give blood - play rugby.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
When does the game end?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join