It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adobe Wrongly Uses its Corporate Facebook page to Promote Homosexuality to Teenagers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
It is called the "It Gets Better" campaign.

Article Link (thank you for who posted it)

www.facebook.com...#!/Photoshop/posts/178682615500687

If your a fan of Adobe Photoshop on Facebook then you may have had your jaw drop today as Adobe decided to break the rules and use its corporate Facebook page to promote homosexuality to you and your children.

It is more than unprofessional, it is an absolute insult and an abuse of users. Since when did the Adobe corporate charter state that it supported homosexuality to children as one of its operating cash flow goals? Does your annual report list perverting youths as a positive 2010 achievement? Not only do I find this offensive, I think that parents across the world need to know that Adobe's true goals with their social media pages are to wrongly promote homosexuality to you and your teenagers.

Does it violate some implied agreement as a fan of a corporate Facebook page? When I became a fan of Photoshop on Facebook they never explained to me that they were try to convert the world to homosexuality. In fact, I didn't see sexual orientation anywhere on their Facebook statement of purpose when I agreed to be a fan of their page.

Are you as upset about this as I am?
edit on 31-1-2011 by Hot_Wings because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-2-2011 by Hot_Wings because: to post picture

edit on 1-2-2011 by Hot_Wings because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-2-2011 by Hot_Wings because: To post link

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Hot_Wings

Could you please post a screenshot so those of us who don't have FB can see what adobe has done?

ETA: Thank you.
edit on 1-2-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

OP is upset that Adobe is promoting "It Gets Better" campaign.

I don't get what the big deal is.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

*Yawn*

More homophobic whining from ATS' ignorant minority.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Like Lady Skadi is sayin'...I can't even see the page...what else can I say?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
link to article

for those without facebook

tbh I fail to see the problem.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

It offends his sense of morality and cultural understanding. It makes him think twice about the direction society is heading in compared to the cultural norms he experienced when younger. The whole issue not only confuses him, but it makes him question his value system, which causes a dichotomy in his mind that he would rather not allow, so...he fights back, and as he does he in entangled in a struggle where cultural norms of the past slowly become irrelevant in modern times.
Having to undergo such a struggle of mentality, emotions, and general understanding is difficult, and usually expresses itself through disinterest, anger, and intolerance (depending on how one perceives the issue at hand.)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Here is the excerpt...sorry, the screenshot would have taken more time than I would have liked but all the information is here...

Adobe Photoshop We’ve produced our own Adobe “It Gets Better” video in support of Dan Savage, Billy Lucas and numbers of other gay teenagers across the country: adobe.ly... Kevin Connor, V.P. Product Management on Photoshop has written a poignant Ps.com post discussing the topic. We hope you enjoy it!

I personally don't see this as anything more than supporting of individuals...there is no incitement and my personal opinion is that the thread author has over reacted...

I now see that the screenshot was edited in...

edit on Tue, 01 Feb 2011 00:12:01 -0600 by MemoryShock because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
My 2 adult children are not homosexuals....I am though and what worries me is all the boy girl sex in everything from cartoons to videos to comercials to music that have been in their lives from age baby till now. Sex sells no matter what gender or sexuality.I mean come on dude/dudette...how can we make an assumption to your post without showing us anything but an oppinion of your own findings.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I don't think they are trying to convert anyone! In any case, thats not even possible!
If it bothers you that much, leave that page and boycott Adobe products...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Thank you for the screenshot and the links. I have to say, I'm having trouble seeing the moral issue. Companies routinely back social programs that they feel "as a culture" are important and worthwhile. Perhaps I'm missing something that's provoking outrage to the FB links?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hot_Wings
Are you as upset about this as I am?

there is no need to be upset, you can come out of the closet now, no one really cares anymore.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

so what if a big company such as adobe promoted christianity, or islam or some other religion...
you wouldnt see that as out of place???
if not then your the ignorant one.

at the same time they can use their free speech as they please, but its not a good business move.

anywho, good post OP. a flag and a star for you

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
reply to post by Dendro

It offends his sense of morality and cultural understanding. It makes him think twice about the direction society is heading in compared to the cultural norms he experienced when younger. The whole issue not only confuses him, but it makes him question his value system, which causes a dichotomy in his mind that he would rather not allow, so...he fights back, and as he does he in entangled in a struggle where cultural norms of the past slowly become irrelevant in modern times.
Having to undergo such a struggle of mentality, emotions, and general understanding is difficult, and usually expresses itself through disinterest, anger, and intolerance (depending on how one perceives the issue at hand.)

I have to say that was very eloquently put and brilliantly stated.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
omg... There are TONS of teen suicides from homosexual teens that feel like freaks, they feel like they are alone.. and it causes them to feel like the better option is to take their own lives. That website is designed to let them know there are people out there that will understand what they are going through. That there is support for them and the choice that isn't theirs to make.
People are born gay.
It is not a choice.
Thank god for websites like that.. if that kind of support saves one life, it's worth it .

edit on 1-2-2011 by Weeeden because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
It's a privately owned company which means they can do what-ever they want.

I'm sure you'd be happy to know that Wal-Mart had Nirvana's Label change the artwork on the back sleeve of their album In Utero and even the title of their song 'Rape me'. They claim to be a family oriented store but it seems apparent enough that it's a right wing agenda aimed at censorship who by a bunch of rich folks who seek to promote pro-life.

So if Wal-Mart has the right to censor art from their stores, which affects everyone that buys these albums and these things, then I certainly don't see a problem with adobe promoting this video.

The problem here is that I think you're scared.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
The point is to encourage kids, many of whom are bullied severely for their sexual orientation or gender identity, to persevere and to try to encourage them enough so that they don't commit suicide. I'm sorry that a show of support to harassed and depressed children offends you.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I don't see a problem here.

People are either gay or straight - just as people are of different colours, different beliefs, and different countries.

This is not going to change a person's nature.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I have to say it's refreshing to see many positive replies to a negative thread. Gives me hope that projects like "It Gets Better" genuinely help and that teens don't have to fear a lifetime of abuse and hate.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

You're upset over a video campaign that urges gay teens to NOT KILL THEMSELVES?

Are you really that mind-numbingly morally bankrupt?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join