It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Definetly not a Christian nation now

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

I wasn't saying we should all be peas in a pod. I was saying that "America" Has to have a standard set of morals, laws, and goals for the American people. Doesn't have to be based on religious grounds. Mostly on moral common sense. Like that muslim dude that chopped his wife's head off awhile back, he believes by his religion that he had every right to do that. But hey, this is America, murder is wrong we put him in jail. Hmmm simple common sense neh?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Hello! I'm trying to lead you people somewhere, If you would pay attention. I think you will all find this very interesting if you try to answer some of the questions I've in the previous posts.. Pay attention class. Class CLASS ! SHUT UP!:
Please follow along. LadySkadi gets a cookie.:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Hi Randy!

How about this for a 1963 "game changer"? Have you heard about this before? It makes alot of sense to me,I don't care if others believe it or not,

Malachi Martin had concealed greater detail of this luciferic "enthronement ceremony by Satanists in the Vatican" in his novel, Windswept House:

The Enthronement of the Fallen Archangel Lucifer was effected within the Roman Catholic Citadel on June 29, 1963; a fitting date for the historic promise about to be fulfilled. As the principal agents of this Ceremonial well knew, Satanist tradition had long predicted that the Time of the Prince would be ushered in at the moment when a Pope would take the name of the Apostle Paul [Pope Paul VI]. That requirement—the signal that the Availing Time had begun—had been accomplished just eight days before with the election of the latest Peter-in-the-Line.

www.newswithviews.com...

Do I get a cookie,too?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

Do I get a cookie,too?

I just felt my blood rush to my head while reading that and I havn't clicked the link yet. Gulp, You're wrong I havn't heard that before and I must admit it gave me chills. I will now click the link.

I hope you like fresh peanut butter cookies cause the wife just dreamed some up. You get the batch my friend..

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Hello! I'm trying to lead you people somewhere

Indeed you are randyvs. Right back into the dark ages!

IRM

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

reply to post by On the Edge

Do I get a cookie,too?

I just felt my blood rush to my head while reading that and I havn't clicked the link yet. Gulp, You're wrong I havn't heard that before and I must admit it gave me chills. I will now click the link.

I hope you like fresh peanut butter cookies cause the wife just dreamed some up. You get the batch my friend..

Mmmm! My favorite!

If you really want to get the whole Chill Package,check out the book from your local library if they have it. I felt those same chills,...seriously!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

The song 'American Pie' is written about Buddy Holly dying in a plane crash, not about religion. The lyrics talk about "the day the music died" (Buddy Holly being killed). It does have religious aspects to it and claims the devil killed him but it is in no way a religious song.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Indeed you are randyvs. Right back into the dark ages!

No No we have Obama for that.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that a "Dirge" is a slow, sad song usually played at funerals.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Here's a version that should please everyone!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

The song is about Miss America not Miss Buddy Holly. America Is his widowed bride speaking of Christ who died and will return again to be a husband to the new land of Isreal. America. This is way deeper than you can imasgine. If I can find a picture of the 45 that the song came out on. It even says Yahweh as the record label.
Please bother me not with that Buddy Holly crap. The writter as I said, dosn't even know why, or what, or how the song came to him.

Febuary 3 1959 is also the day I was born.
edit on 1-2-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Music, like poetry, like painting, like any other type of art is symbolic and that symbolism will mean many things to many people. How does a person interpret the meaning of a song for another? It can't be done and to claim that it can be, is ultimately egocentric and does art, a grave injustice.

Do not overlook symbolism. The obvious is not always, the obvious... what is obvious to one, is not what's obvious to another. Song, art in general, will mean many things to many people and will not, nor should it be, the same for all.

edit on 1-2-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

The wife is batching up some more cookies Skadi?

Go to Roy Taylor Ministeries for the rest of what I'm saying. You will be at the very least intrigued.

Here's the link

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I'm trying to learn something here (maybe a new perspective) but I keep getting distracted by cookies...

edit on 1-2-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Here's the link Skadireply to post by LadySkadi

Just scroll down and read.

Sorry for the distractions

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

The writer of the song, Don Mclean, never said what the song was about but that doesn't mean there wasn't a meaning. In this case your claim is no more valid than mine, it's just that mine makes a lot more sense. The song 'American Pie' is a thinly veiled history of Rock & Roll and deals especially with Buddy Holly's death.

I'll analyze some of the lines here to help prove my point.

"But February made me shiver,"
Buddy Holly died February 3, 1959.

"With every paper I'd deliver"
Don McLean's job at the time was as a paper delivery boy.

"I can't remember if I cried when I read about his widowed bride"
Buddy Holly's pregnant wife was widowed after the plane crash and had a miscarriage shortly thereafter.

(The next few lines deal with more early Rock & Roll artists)

"Now for ten years, we've been on our own"
McLean wrote this song in the late 60's, roughly ten years after the crash.

(There are a few more lines that possibly deal with artists such as Bob Dylan, Elvis Presley, and the Beatles)

"We sang dirges in the dark"
A dirge is a slow, mournful song; this is also likely a reference to Holly's death.

(More lines that make references to the Beatles, the Byrds, drugs, and a motorcyle crash Bob Dylan was in)

"I went down to the sacred store, where I'd heard the music years before"
The 'sacred store' is Bill Graham's Fillmore West, a popular Rock & Roll venue of the time. This line could also possibly refer to record stores.

"But the man there said the music wouldn't play"
Buddy Holly's death again.

"And in the streets the children screamed"
Refers to rioters being beaten by National Guard troops.

"And the three men I admire most; The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost"
This is Holly, The Big Bopper, and Valens, the three musicians who died in the plane crash.

"The day the music died"
Again, the plane crash.

-----------------------------------------------

Alright, I could sit here and analyze every line for you but I really only did the lines that had something to do with Buddy Holly. The others make references to various musicians, songs, and events; which makes this a cryptic history of early Rock & Roll. I highly doubt the song has anything to do with America being a secular nation, although you are free to draw whatever meaning you want from it.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Go to the link I have provided . Then talk sense to me.Then this link
edit on 2-2-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Hallelujah!
Thank goodness for that: I prefer a secular state with a clear distinction between religion and freedom of religion and the secular state which must guarantee the freedom of religion.
I am agnostic, so I really don't get that Christian nation thing.
See, Greece is more than 90% Orthodox Christian; is it a Christian State?
I highly doubt it ...
In name only ...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Okay what about the native americans....
why is the religion that took aways al thier right and
had them abused in residential schools so important to you,
at the same time that you are speaking about native american childeren
where being abused by priest and forced to give up their religion.

Christianity was brought here by european settlers,
and the land was not a christian nations for many years befor.
To say that christianity is so great really annoys me,
not because of your beliefs,
but because you are taking all the good and denouncing the bad.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Well, here's the thing - Man's interpretation of the "end times" is spurred by Man's interpretation of Religion as Man understands it - again - this will be different for many and Spiritualism can be categorized (IMHO) similar to Art... that is, no one will see, feel, live and/or breath it in the same way and it can be quite distinctly different than Religion. If "dirge" is darkness, mourning and despair and many people are feeling that way, what then can explain that? Is it because God turned his back on the people? Could it be something else?

edit on 2-2-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join