It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 20 Cryptids -- video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I try to stay as active as I can in the cryptid forum, because I believe it is by far the most underused of all. Cryptozoology is what led me into the field of 'alternative thinking' or however you want to classify it. Today I was looking for some sasquatch video on youtube that I saw a long time ago (didnt find it:dn
when I cam across this vid. It is a list of the makers Top 20 Cryptids (along with an Evanescence song:up

The list of cryptids is pretty straight forward, a few I have never heard of, but it is loaded with some pretty cool pics, some of which I've never seen. Here is a list of the cryptids in the vid:

Thunderbird
Skunk ape
Cadborosaurus
Plesiosaur
Mongolian death worm (animated pic!)
Tsuchinoko (another animated pic of some weird cobra fish)
Pterosaur (cool pics ive never seen, have to check them out some more)
Giant octopus
Mothman
Jersey devil
Mokele Mbembe
Sea Serpent
Champ
Giant anaconda
Ogopogo
Yeti
Thylacine
Chupacabra
Nessie
Bigfoot

I know some are basic repeats of each other, but I thought it was a cool vid nonetheless. At the end it asks which do yu believe in. So I ask the same.

ATS which do you believe in.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
All of it. I believe that anything, and everything could be in the realm of reality.
Anything is possible in this crazy world

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

I, too, believe in much of it, but some are a little hard for me to believe in as well. The Mongolian Death Worm for instance, maybe I just dont know enough about it. The Mothman is something else that its hard for me to believe in,

Other, such as Bigfoot and the thunderbird are much easier for me to believe in, and the pictures of the soldiers with the pterosaur in the video were very compelling, I have to look into those a little deeper.

The Thylacine though I dont believe belongs on the list, since it was known to be a real creature that has simply passed into extinction according to the scientific community. There is a very very good chance that an animal like that could still exist in a limited population away from human eyes. In fact a few months back I posted a thread about 1/3 of previously thought extinct mammals have actually been located and are no longer 'extinct'
I will add the article here for anyone who may be intereseted.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
here is the article I was talking about....

source

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this thread! I have always been interested in Cryptozoology and I'm happy to see I'm not alone
I read that article about the extinct animals being rediscovered & I totally believe it. Animals are pretty intellegent when it comes to staying out of sight from possible predators (humans, to be exact). P.S. my favorite cryptid is the Skunk Ape because he looks so cuddly LOL

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by wickedqueenamanda

Nice to see some cryptid fans here. I am always trying to recuit some crypt-ees for this forum.
That was a nice article, not about cryptozoology, but it has implications that can be applied very easily.
Here is a link to the thread on that article:
ats thread

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
That was a great video, thanks for posting!

I do have to say that there were a lot of pictures in there, that were proven fake if I remember right. The 2nd Chupacabra photo is a hairless raccoon, which just happened in Kentucky. The Thunderbird photos are amazing though. I have never seen any of those before. I have heard of a Thunderbird photo with the dead animal pinned up to the side of a barn, never seen it though.

As for what I believe in, I think most of them are possible. In my opinion, there were all around at one time, and the oral history of them keeps being passed down from generation to generation, keeping the creature alive. Lets all hope that they are still around though!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by cincycrypto

Thank you for chiming in cincy!

most of us who frequent these cryptid threads agree that there is a chance for all kinds of undiscovered life in the world. They are just found so frequently that it is impossible to rule out further discoveries.

Keep the cryptid forum active before it dries up and disappears!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
reply to post by gunshooter

I, too, believe in much of it, but some are a little hard for me to believe in as well. The Mongolian Death Worm for instance, maybe I just dont know enough about it. The Mothman is something else that its hard for me to believe in,

Other, such as Bigfoot and the thunderbird are much easier for me to believe in, and the pictures of the soldiers with the pterosaur in the video were very compelling, I have to look into those a little deeper.

The Thylacine though I dont believe belongs on the list, since it was known to be a real creature that has simply passed into extinction according to the scientific community. There is a very very good chance that an animal like that could still exist in a limited population away from human eyes. In fact a few months back I posted a thread about 1/3 of previously thought extinct mammals have actually been located and are no longer 'extinct'
I will add the article here for anyone who may be intereseted.

Regarding the Mothman, I gather you've read John Keel's book, The Mothman Prophecies? I get the impression that we're dealing something that belongs in the realm of the supernatural rather than some undiscovered species, more like a type of apparition, omen or harbinger from the other side? another dimension perhaps? It's an intriguing, but difficult to believe, case. Definately worth investigating, some of the eyewitness reports are just chilling.

I agree with your comments on the Thylacine, I live in one of the areas in mainland Australia that the animal has been sighted, we also get black panther sightings. Well at least we used to, before the Victoria bushfires in '09.

I think it's quite arrogant and ignorant of the scientific community to declare a species is extinct. Unless every inch of the planet has been explored how can anyone be confident in such a declaration? There's much of this world that's yet to be explored by man, that's why I believe that, combined with the sheer number of witnesses over such a long period of time, some or most of the creatures on your list have a possibility of existing.

I enjoy threads like this, as you can probably gather from my username.
This is a subject that I feel deserves more attention on this site.

There's too much politics and not enough cryptozoology in my opinion.

By the way, if anyone's interested here's a list I had published on Listverse covering some creepy cryptids. Items counting down from numbers 10 - 6 were my entries, the mod Mr Jamie Frater did entries 5 - 1 as half of my list had already been covered in previous lists. I made sure I included dates and eyewitness accounts to support my entries, you'll notice the other half of the list focuses more on the folklore.

10 More Terrifying and Mysterious Creatures

EDIT: You'll notice a famous name attached to this list but it wasn't written by that guy. That's actually my real name.

edit on 11-2-2011 by Beast Of Gevaudan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Very nice thread.S+F for you.
I believe that most of the species above and perhaps many more that we're not aware of ,do exist.Especially in the oceans.
Also in the folk traditions and myths of the world there are references of weird creatures-monsters that dwell in dark caves,lakes and under the surface of the earth.I know in Greece we're full of that stuff.

BTW one question.The first picture of bigfoot on the video(4:21),isn't the one they claimed that was the humanoid from Mars?
www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 11-2-2011 by Phantom traveller because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beast Of Gevaudan
Regarding the Mothman, I gather you've read John Keel's book, The Mothman Prophecies? I get the impression that we're dealing something that belongs in the realm of the supernatural rather than some undiscovered species, more like a type of apparition, omen or harbinger from the other side? another dimension perhaps? It's an intriguing, but difficult to believe, case. Definately worth investigating, some of the eyewitness reports are just chilling.

No its not because of the book, but because of the reason that you just stated. I dont think its a cryptid, but some sort of supernatural being. Whether its a demon or simply a guardian angel bringing a warning, I dont know that, I guess I'll have to read a bit more into local descriptions.

Heck maybe I'll drive down to WV ths weekend, its not that far.

new topics

top topics

join