It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My husband woke up.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

You know I woke up around 2-3am on the morning of 9-11 and the only way I can describe it is it was the exact opposite of an epiphany. Something inside my head said get your life in order. I was a sophomore in college but 29.years old and married. My wife at the time told me I was being dumb. We didn't last long after that. So I can relate. He knows what he is going through. You can only empathize so do if you love him. Note: not knocking anybody.but I don't believe in hocus pocus and various new age things. But I know and will never forget what I went through. I also do not take mess or ever have.
edit on 1-2-2011 by sirjunlegun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Vincent VanGogh had bipolar disorder. Imagine how different his life and the art world would have been had he lived during this time of "give him meds!"...

The visions he had may have led him to cut off his ear, but it also gave the world this:

Meds may "stabilize" people's lives, but we are meddling with the human spirit.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by EssenSieMich
He obviously experienced a spontaneous pineal release of Dimethyltryptamine to his brain. His behavior afterward is the mystery.

That same thing happened to me. I work nights at a mall, by myself. That night (8/8/08 interestingly) I had drank too much caffeine and an extra strength 5 Hour Power. At around 2 am I was checking out an exterior area that had a small sloping hill next to it. Well, I seriously thought I heard someone step behind me. I freaked out, turned around with my mace out preparing to defend myself. But there was nobody there. Then for 4 hours I was having a small '___' trip. I could hear everything, see things flitting in my peripheral vision. I then got this idea in my head that someone had murdered me and I didn't know it because I was feeling disconnected, everything didn't seem right. I thought I had become a ghost. Then I really freaked out. It was terror that I'd never known in my life. I eventually calmed down later that morning and became ok if I were dead ( I was still at work when this happened, before housekeeping arrived and before I could confirm if I were still alive). I soon started getting into real spirituality, and seeing things in a different way. I also started researching conspiracies after this event. I've actually become much more mature, kind, and open. I have to wonder how my life would have been without this awakening. Life has gotten interesting. Since we're talking about spiritual awakenings, I thought I'd share mine.
edit on 1-2-2011 by JayTee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I would make sure you get him off the bi-polar meds. I am very against medicating personality. It's the backwards way to approach it. I believe strongly that we need to allow diversity of expression and quit trying to force norms. It's been our problem since day one. Allowing ourselves to be judged. judge. If it isn't hurting anyone.. there is no problem.

There are so many things we medicate.. that are natural and fine. We don't have to fit into boxes. Allowance and acceptance would heal many.

Pisses me off.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Yeah, and Einstein was diagnosed as mentally retarded. People have trouble understanding and would rather say someone is crazy just because they don't understand them or have knowledge of what they are trying to say. My roommate thinks I'm nuts as hell, if I just mention Chemtrails.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Your husband kicked in a wall and they found it would have burned down if he didn't do that! That is AWESOME! Precog much? I love that! Then he wants to pack you all up and head out to some weird alien area with weird alien lights without knowing about it before hand! That is AWESOME! Wish he was my dad or best friend! He sounds like he has some wicked mind meld Precognition thing going on. You better get him off the drugs......You could be giving Kryptonite to Superman's cousin. I love story's like this. Check this out. When I was 9 years old I lifted a honda goldwing fullsized bike with all the bells and whistles off of my brother who was 6. I threw it off of him like it was a paper weight. I also had bad dreams when I was very young about aliens slowly walking up to our house. They would start off 20 feet tall and as they got closer to the house they would shrink to 7 feet tall. These dreams used to terrify me to the point where my dad sold all of our possessions and sold the house we lived in. Because it started to happen to him as well. Guess what, after we got out of there, all of the dreams stopped and we all went back to normal. It scared my dad so much we left the house one night at like 3 am to go to grandpas house wearing our shorts. It was like a scary movie in every way. My mom and dad still claim it was demons or an evil spirit attached to something we owned. I know it was that or aliens since I seen them every night for months and months. I also had dreams of being crushed by meteors.
Maybe you guys picked up a bad item???? ask him if he has anything that was given to him or something old he bought! We think our bad gift may have been from a polished rock given to me by an old lady who was into the occult. You never know!
Just make sure you love him for everything, even if things get weird.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie
When they don't know what is going on they call it bi-polar, They can't even define what bi-polar is. I am going to catch a lot of griff for this, but sounds more like a contactee experience. That is the effect I have seen in those cases.

Nonsense! Bi-polar means two opposing poles: manic and depressive. Nope, trust me, I am bi-polar and no contactee experience involved at all. Simple brain malfunctioning ...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

This is a perfect example of how the "mental health" system is used in this country.

Gal: your guy is now on meds, and that means trouble. Research it. Try to get him out of that and to a real doctor who actually cares about the health of his patients.

Stay in communication with him as much as you can. He might be scared.

Wow - this is just too close for comfort...good luck!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
I would make sure you get him off the bi-polar meds.

I believe that decision is alone his and his psychiatrist's.

I am very against medicating personality. It's the backwards way to approach it.

Would you rather that the patient suffers? Trust me, it was not easy to accept that I had to medicate my mental condition, but in the end that is what saved my live.

I believe strongly that we need to allow diversity of expression and quit trying to force norms. It's been our problem since day one. Allowing ourselves to be judged. judge. If it isn't hurting anyone.. there is no problem.

Well, for bipolar patients the main danger is in the depressiv phase they tend to kill themselves if left untreated. In the manic phase they may likely to hurt others, too.

There are so many things we medicate.. that are natural and fine. We don't have to fit into boxes. Allowance and acceptance would heal many. Pisses me off.

There is a difference between distinct differing personalities and a mental illness. A mental illness needs treatment. Period. You can't cure bipolar disorder with love alone and there is no miracle cure for it either. It's pretty much a combination of stabilizer and antidepressant for as long as the illness persists. To advise patients to go off their medication is absolutely, irresponsible, IMHO.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
If it was an authentic conversion, he and you would know it because Jesus Christ is the way, the truth & the life. In late 2003, I had a spiritual experience which led me to private prayer on my knees at my bedside for many weeks. I prayed in the name of Jesus Christ to reveal Himself to me and come into my heart, my life. I began reading the Book of Matthew. Eventually it was like a total change inside happened all at once.

The darkness I was under was gone. It was like a spring burst open inside & continually over flowed. I was filled with continual joy and when I read the Holy Bible, it was like all the words were clear to me. I was so excited and fell passionately in love with Christ. I'd carry a normal & pocket size Bible to work.

I would read passages to workers and read and pray during my lunch.I wanted to give the gospel to people in other countries using the net and I did. I made a really great friend in China and after a long time of reading, studying and praying together, she became a Christian and soon some of her friends did and now even her father who is an atheist began going. She goes to the house church which are called illegal because the govt hasn't control over it.
I discovered the music of the late Christian Keith Green & his life really inspired me. I'm 27 now and though I've slipped up, I'm never giving up the faith!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I hope your husband is feeling better. I think bi-polar explains the whole situation. Your using his behaviour to fit your version of the world. People all across the world experience a change of beliefs in all walks of life, whether it be religious to athiest or vice versa. Throw in bi-polar disorder and it confuses matters much more.

edit on 1-2-2011 by CrazyMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Some mental illness can be contributed to demonic force at work. The spiritual can & does influence the physical.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
As far as I understand it, no one just one day wakes up Bipolar. No one just wakes up one day a very different person.

I am very interested in the type of things he is saying. Any details?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by neowakko

some people do see the light I had an accident which lead to an out of body experience befor long I was in front of god who showed me all the bad things I had done an when I came back I was a chained person I'm scared about what I saw coz I no it was real.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonwight
im no dr. but maybe meds arent exactly what he needs.

Bipolar people are often prone to what is a called a manic episode, during which they may spend or give away all of their money because they temporarily lose their common sense on a psychological high. Other reckless conduct could easily get him or others killed. Take the doctors seriously and keep him on his meds. Everyone noticed his behavior had changed over night. I suggest you take their concerns seriously.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I remember when my husband woke up to 9/11. I was already years ahead of him, in my research and theories. But he absolutely refused to believe. It took him coming across some information that finally clicked for him, and when this happened he seemed manic for days. Non stop talking, then it led to some other issues that I was shocked to see him bring up. Things he never really believed in. His behavior however was not as manic as the OP describes she is seeing. Although I'm against some of these drugs, I don't feel it is wise to advise the OP that her husband doesn't need them or should stop them. We do not know her husband, or what her husband needs.

With that said, it sure is possible he has experienced an major awakening, maybe a psychotic break. Things are extremely crazy right now. The energies are up and down, some things being revealed to us are difficult to handle. I knew of a teen who killed himself after the birds continued dropping dead. He felt the world was at the end and that it was a bad sign. The OP should continue to get whatever help is needed for her husband as she or her family sees fit. He could very well be having serious difficulties processing the energies and changes. They are real and happening, and there are many sensitive people on the planet feeling them.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I doubt he is bi polar (although he may very well have some other mental condition) one manic episode does not a bi polar make. I am against the immediate medication on an assumption of bi-polar disorder so quickly. Although if he does have it I am sure medication is the best thing.

My Mother was diagnosed with Manic Depression when I was a child and Medicated heavily, they basically put her in a catatonic state for almost 10 years of my life where she was institutionalized because she couldn't function, turns out she wasn't bi polar at all but was schizophrenic. I'd get a second opinion on His diagnosis at the very least.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Wow. Nice family. the guy has an epiphony...a religeous experience and they have him arrested and doped up. What is wrong with this world.You said you guys had a long talk that night. Did he not fill you in as to what happened? Did you not ask? Did he say he heard audible voices from GOD? This happens only once in his life and the family institutionalizes him LOL, unbelieveable. That whole terror scare tactic crap has really worked on the simpletons hasn't it?
edit on 1-2-2011 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Did he say how he woke up?
Like, what prompted him to start believing in all the things? I'm pretty sure it wouldn't just come out of no where, there needs to be something to prove to him that it's real.
Any idea what that something is?

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join