It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My husband woke up.

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

You should always have doubt.
And if your story is true, which I doubt for personal reasons, then you should take my advice from like way way back.

People just don't give up their reality and accept another's on a whim.
If the story is true, a mental breakdown is involved.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

If that is true then how did mankind start this whole God thing in the first place. There was no one around to "preach" the word to early man yet he still felt compelled to first be in awe of the power around him and then to give thanks to that power. No one told him to do this. In truth I feel that the disbeliefe of God is what is learned and the belief in God in inherent in our DNA.

In my opinion the concept of god came about because man could not explain certain things that were happening so he attributed it to some divine unseen power. Of course someone was smart enough to turn this god business to his advantage and take control of everyone back then (and now too) and whether he's human/alien/porcupine is irrelevant.

Similarly how did superstitions come to be? No one went around preaching about them. People just invented them in their heads. Do you actually get 7 years of bad luck when you break a mirror? Absolutely not. Do you have bad luck if a black cat crosses your path? Not any more or any less than a white cat crossing your path.
Do you get punished if you 'disobey' god? Apparently not, which is why people get away with murder these days. But we get punished after we die you might say? Well there's no proof of that either other than a storybook where sinners burn in a lake of fire. Quite similar to a bogeyman eating little children if they don't go to bed on time or finish their supper.

Keep them in line, keep them scared and they will do anything you say without question no matter how idiotic or senseless.

It's all about fear and control. Break out of that and you will find you can do anything and be anything you want to be rather than confining yourself in a box because some spook in the clouds said so in a book.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Fatgoblin

I always though it was so rich people who wanted to enjoy their wealth without being killed could keep people down.
Don't have the technology for investigating murders and police to put them in jail?
Are people killing, robbing, and raping willy nilly because this?
Introduce them to the idea of damnation.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

I always though it was so rich people who wanted to enjoy their wealth without being killed could keep people down.
Don't have the technology for investigating murders and police to put them in jail?
Are people killing, robbing, and raping willy nilly because this?
Introduce them to the idea of damnation.

Still doesn't stop them does it?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

It's honestly natural. Some people will, some people won't. Maybe it just depends on how society gets it's hooks into you. Would it be more beneficial to your survival to be civil and compliant or do do whatever it takes?
Who knows though. Some people may very well not be committing crimes due to that fear of god.
Maybe crime would be much higher without "hell."

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Maybe crime would be much higher without "hell."

Quite possible. But there would be a lot less strife without religion and god.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Yeah I agree with that.
I wasn't really defending religion.
Just putting forth explanation as to why people would make up something like religion.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

I'm not sure if you understand that different people have different concepts of God bro. I was raised as a christian and after I was older found "God" but not the judeo-christian god of the bible. more like that spirit/awareness which encompasses everything in my life. thats my God and thats what I pray to. And it may sound like some new agey hocus pocus crap but I believe this to be the original christian God before the bible came along and distorted the true spiritual nature of ourselves and God and made him look like some jealous angry petty spoiled brat that you would want to punch in the face if you ever met him just for being such an arse. They ascribe human emotions to a supposedly divine being. I feel much closer to God sitting in my boat on Sunday morning fishing at sunrise, or taking my dogs for a walk on a hiking trail, or sometimes just burning leaves in my backyard. If you can make your thoughts quiet and be somewhere thats nature-like anyone can feel God.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroGhost
I'm truly sorry your husband was treated like he had a disorder.

What makes you so sure that it is not a mental disorder. I trust the psychiatrists that treated him more than I trust the opinion of a member here. Unless, you are a psychiatrist or a psychologist yourself and have had a chance to examine the man in person, you really can't say with absolute certainty that he is not ill.

Bi Polar is a catch term for anything medical science does not understand.

Utter nonsense, bipolar mental disorder is well researched and well defined scientifically. Read here or here and educate yourself.

Such drugs they give him are thousands of times more dangerous to him and your family. Especially seretonin uptake inhibitors and the like. These types of drugs were direct contributors to events like mass murders, suicides and years of depression after taking them for any length of time.

Do you have any proof for that or is it just myths perpetuated on the internet?
I can tell you from experience, being bipolar myself, that medication in combination with individual and/or group psychotherapy is the only viable solution. If I was not on medication, I would probably be dead by suicide by now in one of the heavy depressive episodes. Medication allows me to function relatively normal, but most of all it eliminates the suffering I used to experience in the depressive episodes.

They don't want to help him. They want him turned off, or worse. "They" are a system. Not people with souls, spirits or true intelligence. Doctors, Pharmacologists and their like are mearly gears in this machine. Or they are ousted, discredited and shunned.

As above, also utter nonsense. I have been battling with this disorder for about 20 years now. In that time I have not met one single doctor or nurse who did not want to help me get better; who did not have the best of my interest in mind when treating me. You know there is nothing wrong with being spiritual; also, there is nothing wrong with you stating your opinion. However, you should not make absolute statements about things you know nothing about.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier78

I'm not sure if you understand that different people have different concepts of God bro. I was raised as a christian and after I was older found "God" but not the judeo-christian god of the bible. more like that spirit/awareness which encompasses everything in my life. thats my God and thats what I pray to. And it may sound like some new agey hocus pocus crap but I believe this to be the original christian God before the bible came along and distorted the true spiritual nature of ourselves and God and made him look like some jealous angry petty spoiled brat that you would want to punch in the face if you ever met him just for being such an arse. They ascribe human emotions to a supposedly divine being. I feel much closer to God sitting in my boat on Sunday morning fishing at sunrise, or taking my dogs for a walk on a hiking trail, or sometimes just burning leaves in my backyard. If you can make your thoughts quiet and be somewhere thats nature-like anyone can feel God.

I definitely agree with that. I don't pray to anything but I definitely get what you're saying about that spirit/awareness/feeling that you get when you're among nature by yourself. It's definitely not the fellow in the bible that's for sure. As a feeling it's probably extremely close to what one would call 'bliss'. At least that's how I look at it

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact
reply to post by FlySolo

Michio Kaku has to sing for his supper... he is fear mongering hoping to win his meal, I wonder how much money we pay this guy and others ?

Not nearly as much as we pay to organized religion, and look at the stuff religion comes up with. A person must go to hell for not loving Jesus, namig a teddy bear after a guy from Saudi Arabia will get you killed, or doing laundry on a specific day of the is against the law of the Universe?
Yeah, we pay the physicists way too much.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by stellawayten

I've been thinking a lot about this. I can't see and don't really understand how WIFI works but I know it does because I'm on the internet right now. I could say the same about radio. I don't know or understand how it works but I know that if my antenna is working then I can pick up a station.

Maybe we just don't have the technology yet to measure God. And maybe some people just don't have their antennas up to feel it or see how it works.

In my opinion, to say that God does not exist is ignorant. How can you prove that he/she/it doesn't? I can understand being Agnostic because that is just saying you really don't know.

I'm not trying to turn this into a God does or doesn't exist thread. I just felt the need to put these thoughts out there.

Well done, Stella.

Unfortunately, your thread attracts people of all kind, with agendas of their own and at times with absolutely nothing to do with you and your family's situation.

Many seek to understand and be aware of what's going on in the world. But at the same, equally there will be those who either fears such awareness gaining ground, or out of a self perceived sense of high pomposity, sought to clamp down on such beliefs. Look around. They are real and exist, not some figment of imaginiation.

You and the insignificant nobody me have been around this site for years, and would have known how they operate. Some are doing it from their heart and belief system built up upon addiction to the 'blue pills' fed for years, and thus can never accept anything that is out of the norm or the box. I respect them for they only know what is to be known or allowed to know, and know not what they are doing in reality.

But some, do know the truth, and yet hinder others from their path, by derailing threads, making a mockery out of others who merely seek to understand, ridiculing, baiting and turning threads into assinine gibberish that many others will just simply be turned off to find out hidden gems - written and sincere efforts by many more significant others inside. Those that attempts to destroy the thread, I pity, for the truth will prevail one way or another.

Do not take things at heart here, Stella and hubby, for the fight and quest for the truth will never end or be deterred in anyway. Comprehend and believe, have faith in yourselves, and read widely from a variety of sources, discuss and debate on other issues that may shed light for what you seek rather than to focus on this one thread, for that is the only way to achieve comprehension when others seek to blockyour path to understand reality.

Good luck and cheers.
edit on 6-2-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by tungus
Not nearly as much as we pay to organized religion,
who is "we" are you talking about the state and departments of education or are you talking of the followers of said religious views, who give freely and is not taxable ?

Yeah, we pay the physicists way too much.
agreed, because they do not promote unity, but rather separation of science and religion... when the quest (especially physics) is one and the same.

I wonder what type of scientist Michio Kaku is ?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact I wonder what type of scientist Michio Kaku is ?

He has a PhD in physics, according to his Wiki page.
As to what kind of scientist, he's generally called a "theoretical physicist", which pretty much translates to "Guy who makes things up". He seems a pretty smart guy, but I have issues with "scientists" who study the unprovable. I've heard many theories from Dr. Kaku, but haven't seen much along the lines of proof.

Of course, I have only a casual interest, so there may be proof I haven;t seen.
edit on 6-2-2011 by subject x because: typo

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by subject x

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact I wonder what type of scientist Michio Kaku is ?

He has a PhD in physics, according to his Wiki page.
As to what kind of scientist, he's generally called a "theoretical physicist", which pretty much translates to "Guy who makes things up". He seems a pretty smart guy, but I have issues with "scientists" who study the unprovable. I've heard many theories from Dr. Kaku, but haven't seen much along the lines of proof.

Of course, I have only a casual interest, so there may be proof I haven;t seen.

I like Michio too really, he has taught me many things...

I am however upset at some comments he has made, seemingly not open-minded enough only on some aspect, unlike Neil Tyson who is a much more learned.

very rational and learned response to Neil wouldn't you say ? har har ! I believe Richard Dawkins has been infected with racism through his professed evolutionary science and sociobiology...

either buying the book or not only proves that Dawkins is a charlatan and a biased one at that.

edit on 2/6/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Glad your husband was wrong about the superbowl.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by A por uvas

God lied.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by drofnats

God lied.

But that's actually part of his 'plan'

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by A por uvas

There is another more intelligent and rational perspective to it.

Prior to 911, should anyone, credible or not, talk about visions of the twin tower collapsing soon, or employees of aviation trainning industries whistleblow on arabs learning how to take off commercial airliners, those people would have been laughed off a nuts, lunatics or quackjobs, never to be taken seriously.

But sadly, after 911, the authorities woke up and took such views more seriously, so seriously and frightened that out of kneejerk reactions, took away the freedoms of a free society in the name of safety. Frightened enough to invite sci-fi writers to a symposium to discuss how guerilla tactics would be used as attack upon soveriegn nations, and taken seriously.

Even today, gov cyber units trawl the net for just about any links to acts of terrorism and would rather side on errors than wait for confirmation based on prevention of such atrocities against humanity.

Predictions are but warnings, more so with man-made events. As they are man-made events, they are preventable and alterable.

With the superbowl event, it came with heightened security, made more so with several warnings not just from the OP's hubby, but around forums and intelligence services around the world.

With such heightened and increase security based upon warnings, with the President down to the cleaners at the stadium keeping a lookout, there is absolutely no chance for any planned atrocity being carried out. Even if the terrorists were prepared to die, they had no chance of even passing through the gates, or leaving any parcel behind. When there is no chance for success, they will back off, to kill another day.

Thus, it is still one's opinion and right to express it, to intelligently rationalise data, or to simply and egoistically thumb down others. The MORE critical and vital issue is - nothing dramatically tragic where numerous innocent lives are lost happened. That alone are the purposes of 'warnings', something that those who warned are more concern about than brickbats of presumed 'hoaxes' and whatever crap thrown.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

How do you know he was talking about terrorists? He never mentioned anything about terrorists.

And if we go by your logic then ANYONE who predicts something like this is still having a 'spiritual experience' or is 'channelling god' even if they're wrong?

You say these predictions are preventable. Then how exactly are people supposed to take anyone seriously with regards to these matters? Hoaxters or people with 'real visions', what's the difference?

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join