It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My husband woke up.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalshredmetal

Originally posted by stellawayten
reply to post by metalshredmetal

No. He doesn't want to be safe. He wants to be in the middle of the whole sha-bang helping everyone. He is ready to die for the cause. I have to remind him that he has children that need his protection.

oh, holy wow. a new twist. honestly it sounds to me like he has had a visit from an ET. either that, or a mental check-up. if he is right, we will see soon enough.

Well, if so I'm soooooo jealous. I'm the one that should have been visited. I really don't know what to think myself. You are right, only time will tell.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I wouldn't really say that your husband "woke up", because believing in a fairy tale story and talking to someone in your head is not a step in the right direction. I would say he has signs of schizophrenia, but I am not sure I am no psychologist.

I myself woke up long ago. I was raised in a church till I was 18, my parents pretty much forced it on me. and believe me I tried it. prayed, read the bible etc. it did NOTHING for me. I always got a good kick out of people claiming that giving the church money gives them such a great feeling, and if they don't then they feel so guilty. Churches do great brainwashing to weak minds.

It really makes me feel sad seeing people's lives revolving around a religion, but hey if its the only thing that makes them do the right thing... then by all means.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
There may be other causes of personality changes like this that are more likely, especially if Your husband is older than about 35 (after which, it is unusual for bipolar to arise). It would be wise to get a brain scan and not simply medicate, which may be covering a real underlying problem.

I am not a doctor but my wife has studied psychology and I have several bipolar friends, whose condition interests me greatly. The normal pattern for male bipolar disorder is that its onset is usually about the 18th year and often may relate to regular exposure to THC (a component of Marijuana smoke).

As you mentioned, your husband is not involved with drugs and so, along with my assuption that he is older, I would say that he is atypical for bipolar disorder (which does not necessarily mean he doesn't have it).

Has your husband any history of head trauma/blackouts/headaches/vertigo as these could become significant and indicate some other physiological problem.

If his experience is generally positive and he is "in control", perhaps you could discuss with his doctor the possibility of moderating his medication but be aware that your husband may not neccessarly know when he is "stepping over the line" and the help of a qualified therapist is very important.

I pray that he recovers.

link   
reply to post by stellawayten

Getting off the meds was ok.
I had gone to see the doc about the usual 'reduce the dose to dry off them', but just went cold turkey after he annoyed me about being on them forever (hate doc's and their pills, plus other really worse reasons).

Nothing bad getting off them. just kept an eye on myself, lotsa fresh foods etc.
It also helped that i never believed i was bi-polar.

Always was athiest beforehand, but had (and have) strong connection with nature.
But, last 3-4 years have been reading/researching religion(s)

link   

Originally posted by stellawayten
OMG!!! I forgot to tell yall about one of the weirdest things that happened. I wasn't going to post this because I was trying to keep things as private as possible but I have to if I'm to tell this story. My husband is a firefighter. The first night in the hospital he had what he calls a 'dream' (what the docs would call a delusion) that there was a fire in the hospital. He broke down the wall and woke his 'neighbor' up saying that there was a fire. They took him down and gave him a couple of injections. He says that in this 'dream' he really smelled smoke.

When the maintenance guys came to fix the wall the next day they said that the spot where he broke a whole in the wall was bad wiring that had arched.... basically they said that the whole place may have burnt down if he wouldn't have done that.

I know it sounds crazy. My husband said that if he wasn't the one that had done it he wouldn't have believed it himself. Just writing it makes me think "no one will believe this".

you've definitely come to the right place. (as long as none of the worst ones find their way in here) this is the kind of thing ATS is for..

now it may be sounding like he has a spirit guide, informing him on some level. this exact same sort of thing was written in Winston Churchill's autobiography somewhere, he would hear a voice in his head that warned him of assassination plots, that were avoided every time. maybe this "god" is communicating via his spirit guide...and if he thinks that his spirit guide/informer is an "alien", this is not unheard of. not surprising to me, it seems very plausible IMO.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
He obviously experienced a spontaneous pineal release of Dimethyltryptamine to his brain. His behavior afterward is the mystery.

+24 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
i cant believe u told your family, that was your first mistake
uve literally ruined his rep with them ... forever
everything he says now once u leave and return back to ur home will be taken out of context,they will sit around questioning everything he said

you were on the way to something life changing and you gave it up and stayed in your old life
you were going to the mountain in close encounters of the third kind, now hes missed the boat that u cld have jumped on

too bad now im afraid hes at more of a risk of you being on the news,hes being led by something higher, u stopped that higher being and now ur the one leading him..

get him off those meds

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
[snip]

gbp, I appreciate your opinion but I'm not sure that I believe that. I'm open to everything.

Metal, please try not to ruffle the feathers. I just don't want this thread to turn into a mudslinging fest that I see so often around here. I don't mind religious opinion. And I know that GBP probably doesn't think it is an opinion and we should respect that. Everyone is entitled to their beliefs.
edit on 2/1/2011 by defcon5 because: Removed mannered quote.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

If it was such a massive change to warrant a disruption at his work requiring a drug test and a call from the boss.. Then perhaps there is something wrong with him.

"Waking up" is gradual.

And I'm not even sure what that is anymore.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by tempesillest
I wouldn't really say that your husband "woke up", because believing in a fairy tale story and talking to someone in your head is not a step in the right direction. I would say he has signs of schizophrenia, but I am not sure I am no psychologist.

I myself woke up long ago. I was raised in a church till I was 18, my parents pretty much forced it on me. and believe me I tried it. prayed, read the bible etc. it did NOTHING for me. I always got a good kick out of people claiming that giving the church money gives them such a great feeling, and if they don't then they feel so guilty. Churches do great brainwashing to weak minds.

It really makes me feel sad seeing people's lives revolving around a religion, but hey if its the only thing that makes them do the right thing... then by all means.

Well, in my opinion, God or whatever you want to call it is like the center of a wheel and there are so many different spokes to get to that center. Maybe Christians was not your spoke. It certainly wasn't for me either. But for some that is the only way that they can understand or comprehend it.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by EssenSieMich
He obviously experienced a spontaneous pineal release of Dimethyltryptamine to his brain. His behavior afterward is the mystery.

i would also agree that he probably experienced a '___' trip that probably made him seem extra un-ordinary. ironic because a '___' trip is nothing but natural and is very ordinary thing to happen to someone.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by metalshredmetal

hey metal....it's true that only spiritual can see this....but also the op is not really creepy, but a real evidence of a contact of some entity....would you agree on that?....interesting what you posted about spirit guides....
edit on 31-1-2011 by GBP/JPY because: churchill

p.s. i'm in of all places....freaking Dallas
edit on 31-1-2011 by GBP/JPY because: spirit guides

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
There may be other causes of personality changes like this that are more likely, especially if Your husband is older than about 35 (after which, it is unusual for bipolar to arise). It would be wise to get a brain scan and not simply medicate, which may be covering a real underlying problem.

I am not a doctor but my wife has studied psychology and I have several bipolar friends, whose condition interests me greatly. The normal pattern for male bipolar disorder is that its onset is usually about the 18th year and often may relate to regular exposure to THC (a component of Marijuana smoke).

As you mentioned, your husband is not involved with drugs and so, along with my assuption that he is older, I would say that he is atypical for bipolar disorder (which does not necessarily mean he doesn't have it).

Has your husband any history of head trauma/blackouts/headaches/vertigo as these could become significant and indicate some other physiological problem.

If his experience is generally positive and he is "in control", perhaps you could discuss with his doctor the possibility of moderating his medication but be aware that your husband may not neccessarly know when he is "stepping over the line" and the help of a qualified therapist is very important.

I pray that he recovers.

He had a CT that night and a few before because he was having chronic headaches for years. They were finally diagnosed as tension. The night this started all of his pain went away and hasn't returned.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by questcequecest
i cant believe u told your family, that was your first mistake
uve literally ruined his rep with them ... forever
everything he says now once u leave and return back to ur home will be taken out of context,they will sit around questioning everything he said

you were on the way to something life changing and you gave it up and stayed in your old life
you were going to the mountain in close encounters of the third kind, now hes missed the boat that u cld have jumped on

too bad now im afraid hes at more of a risk of you being on the news,hes being led by something higher, u stopped that higher being and now ur the one leading him..

get him off those meds

Actually we are still going... I'm not saying when cause well, this is a public board. As for my family... no, they love us both unconditionally. I guess it helps that a lot of them have some freaky deaky stuff going on as well.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Work didn't give him a drug test. The hospital did. Work LOVES him and still does. THey were just worried about him because his personality change.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Good to hear.

I also don't think that telling your family was wrong. They have to deal with the consequences of their own actions/beliefs, not you or your husband and if there is love there, it covers all wrongs!

Give 'em time.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

hey stella....in my opinion your husband is solid as that rock

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Well, im sorry to hear he hasnt been able to return to the job, and that causes distress. I would say that there are significantly more important things in life (especially after an experience like that), but that would be from this ones perspective.

Because of how he was before the experience, that could explain the negative reaction to it overall. I am sure it is an intense experience, for him and others around him. For those saying things like "waking up" is gradual, the universe is a more complicated place than many would like to believe

You can look up on here, others who have had experiences with similar things. Blinding lights, awash with Love. that type of thing
It seems they have increased in frequency in the past few months or so.

Best of luck and Love,
a friend.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

This may not be a popular opinion but a drastic change in personality could be indicative of something more serious than just an psychological epiphany. I think your husband should explore all medical avenues, especially dealing with brain chemistry, tumors, etc. Don't reject the medical exploration of your husbands drastic change. See a neurologist.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

This may not be a popular opinion but a drastic change in personality could be indicative of something more serious than just an psychological epiphany. I think your husband should explore all medical avenues, especially dealing with brain chemistry, tumors, etc. Don't reject the medical exploration of your husbands drastic change. See a neurologist.

He was seeing a neurologist before all of this for his chronic headaches that were finally diagnosed after a ton of testing as tension headaches. He also had a CT scan the night he went to the hospital. All clear every time.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join