It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My husband woke up.

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I really don't know what to say. I appreciate all the stories people are posting. It is clear that there are very two different opinions to my situation. You could say that those same two arguments are going on inside of me. It isn't as cut and dry as it seems to some of you. I can promise you that.

As for the U2Us I'm getting. I am reading them... I just haven't had a chance to sit down and collect my thoughts enough to respond so please don't take it that I'm ignoring you.

My husband is still taking his medication and is still lets just say... having a relationship with God.

One day at a time.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Thanks for the follow-up posts OP. Can't say as an expert what is happening in your situation. My thoughts though as many others can be taken with a grain of salt, since I don't know all the details surrounding the scenario. The information you have disclosed with us has been very enlightening.

I believe it's stress related. I'm not sure if your husband being a firefighter also has to do medical calls as well or not. Some departments do, some don't. Depends on the size of the municipality I suppose. Anyway, if he does do "all-risk" I think that can explain it. Responding to medical emergencies (traffic accidents, burnt bodies, heart attacks) can be devastating to say the least. That might not be the only thing. Seeing the havoc that a fire causes to a building as well as to the families involved can put quite the toll on the human psyche.

I was a firefighter once upon a time ago. Wasn't structure, but forest/wildland. We did do structure protection at times, but majority of the time was putting out forests and whatnot. On a few occasions we were asked to help with other emergencies. To say that any of my experiences weren't hard on my psyche is only a partial truth. We are told to leave work at home. But sometimes we need an outlet for what we experienced that day. Here's a little story of one stressful situation I went through that has changed me.

I was on a fire in the middle of nowhere fighting a fire on a hillside. We were securing a section of line heading up the hill to hook around it and put the finishing touches on it. Anyway, at some point towards the top of the hill one of my crewmembers took a good tumble down the hill due to a seizure. I was first to arrive and offered the best assistance that I could provide. Others with better first responder training started showing up. Granted we only had like 6 or 7 people on the fire, which put us in a predicament of getting this guy to safety without jeopardizing our own safety. Miles from any town or road, we had to call in life-light. Anyway everything went smoothly, which I accredit to our training and ability to keep a level head during such a crisis. But the thing that I remember most and that has affected me the most wasn't seeing a close friend tumble, or twitching like a fish. Although those were pretty traumatic. The thing that affected me was when he came out his seizure/unconsciousness, he opened his eyes. And his eyes stared right at me. First thing. And I wasn't sure what the hell was going on behind those eyes. Just some crazy eyes staring at me deeply and intensely.

I talked with him after he had recovered and told him about him scaring me with the "crazy" eyes. And he doesn't even recall, even though he can recall everything that was said at that point and everything that went on. It was creepy to say the least.

To me, it's those little things that start adding up and while in most cases nothing traumatic happens, it's an extra burden of stress that can lead to tension headaches and eventually to a person snapping. This happened to a close friend from a department in town that did all risk (medical, structure, wildland, biohazard). The guy was amazing with his knowledge in all the realms. He conducted first aid training to our new recruits and was mind-blowing with his tactical decision making under stressful situations. Anyway, long story short. He seemed fine until one day he snapped and took a gun on himself and fortunately was a bad shot (not being humorous). He has a wife and a couple kids that now have an ex-provider that needs assistance all the time.

I think you need to be understanding with your husband. Maybe tone down the conspiracy things when talking with him. And be his anchor, which I believe you have done so far to your best abilities, considering the circumstances. Sometimes its tough to think straight when everything in your world has been turned upside down. The only thing you want to do is get back to what you know and do what you are used to. He wants to get back to work, but at the same time, couldn't his work be the basis for the problems? I would recommend talking with his peers (co-workers, chief) and try to see if there was anything leading up to this. See if he had been on any gruesome calls in the past. Firefighting is a tough job as you probably already know. Being a hero takes a toll on even the most solid individuals. Besides the physical demands, it requires the most stringent mental demands as well. Making decisions in an environment where a simple mistake puts everyone at risk takes a toll. I hope you and your husband and family make it through these trying times. Good luck and be patient and understanding.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
My husband said he is willing to answer questions tonight. I will be typing his responses because he doesn't 'do' computers. Please be gentle with him.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
how you doing?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by A por uvas
how you doing?

My husband says: I'm feeling great. I feel better than I've felt in my whole life.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
To Stellawayten’s husband: What do you think caused or triggered the sudden change in your life?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epiphron
To Stellawayten’s husband: What do you think caused or triggered the sudden change in your life?

He says: I had an epiphany. I started believing in God and then I just couldn't sleep after that because I was so happy.

I said: They are gonna wanna know what made you start believing in God.

He says: I don't know... I had an epiphany. It was my time.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

You had an Epiphany. Many people have had similar experiences. I have.

As you now believe in God;

What do you believe about Zecharias Sitchin and the theory put forward by him?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
There is insufficient commentary regarding what the husband had said. His own family member called the police. They sent him to a hospital where he was given a prescription. Choosing to withhold the conversation suggests to me that you desire a positive response. Unfortunately, even without this I would draw the conclusion he was tripping. Since he was not on drugs he should now take the meds. Just be careful not to get caught up in the stories as you'll just feed the fire.

The human mind is capable of amazing things. Finding faulty wiring could possibly be one of them. That doesn't mean that he's hitting on all cylinders. Your job I guess is to keep him in check.
edit on 3-2-2011 by ezwip because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Who's going to win the SB in your opinion?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I am sorry you are having such a terrible experience with the authorities and mental hospital. It must be a buzz-kill for the euphoric high you are experiencing.

I had an awakening about 2 years ago, and can definitely say I KNOW the feelings you say you are having. For me it lasted about a week before I got scared. I was so scared that I was turning into someone my husband would not recognize. My beliefs did a 180. I saw love and compassion everywhere, and was angry at the people that acted awful. I was scared that I wouldn't fit into the little world I've built for myself, so I prayed for God to take it away. This came with a lot of guilt, like I let Divinity down.

Long story short, within the last year, I have felt a pull to address the awakening. I started taking spiritual classes, and meditating. I now realize I didn't let Divinity down, I just wasn't ready. I am now. And I am learning new things every day. The most important thing I have learned is I can be spiritual and live in the life I have built, and keep my husband. I can have it all! If only I can get the euphoria back...that undontitional love I felt!

I was wondering what things you were being shown. I am very interested in the things you saw!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
To Stellawayten’s husband: Well God has blessed you with a very caring and loving wife, that’s certainly something to be happy about. Are you looking forward to getting back to work? Also, do you feel God has a purpose for you?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colton

You had an Epiphany. Many people have had similar experiences. I have.

As you now believe in God;

What do you believe about Zecharias Sitchin and the theory put forward by him?

He said: I don't know anything about that but we will read about it later and try to remember to let you know what I think.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by A por uvas
Who's going to win the SB in your opinion?

He said: Who cares.

me: No offense. He is just really into the spiritual right now and doesn't feel the need to pay attention to such trivial things.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
An epiphany. Wow! The lightbulb just turned on, I guess.
Mine happened as I read a book on a guy's near death experience. I sat in Barnes and Noble reading this guy's experience, really in it, I started crying and asking God for forgiveness. I felt an immediate lift, was told I was forgiven, but I need to forgive myself. Thats when the lightbulb turned on for me.

You might want to seek out people on the internet that have had similar experiences to you.
A great forum I go to is prophecies.net.
I also find people on meetup.com that have spiritual classes, sometimes for free.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suga23
I am sorry you are having such a terrible experience with the authorities and mental hospital. It must be a buzz-kill for the euphoric high you are experiencing.

He said: I didn't have a terrible experience. I learned a lot about myself during all of that.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I was wondering what things you were being shown. I am very interested in the things you saw!

He said: I can't tell her everything. It would take way too long. I'm sorry but I feel like she will see it soon enough. And it would take WAAAAYYYY too much space and time to tell everything.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epiphron
To Stellawayten’s husband: Well God has blessed you with a very caring and loving wife, that’s certainly something to be happy about. Are you looking forward to getting back to work? Also, do you feel God has a purpose for you?

He said: Yes. And thank you for saying that about my wife. Sometimes I have a hard time seeing that. And yes, I can't wait to get back to work. I love my work. It isn't really a job to me.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

An epiphany. Wow! The lightbulb just turned on, I guess.
Mine happened as I read a book on a guy's near death experience. I sat in Barnes and Noble reading this guy's experience, really in it, I started crying and asking God for forgiveness. I felt an immediate lift, was told I was forgiven, but I need to forgive myself. Thats when the lightbulb turned on for me.

You might want to seek out people on the internet that have had similar experiences to you.
A great forum I go to is prophecies.net.
I also find people on meetup.com that have spiritual classes, sometimes for free.

He said: I don't feel like I have time to search out all that stuff. I'm working on myself still. But I appreciate your comment. Thank you for wanting to help.

Edited to add: he said that he doesn't feel like he needs to find others that already have found God but the people that haven't.
edit on 2/3/2011 by stellawayten because: I hit enter too soon.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

All well, whatever comes will come. And when it does I will try not to be scared...there is no love in fear, and try to help and support the people who may need it.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join