It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My husband woke up.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krummar
Your husband is NOT BI-POLAR. That is just something the psychologist labeled him as to explain his behavior. He does not need to take the medications, that is a total farce. He has been woken up, and like most people with a real spiritual experience, he is going to be talkative about it and excited. That's all.

All your years of telling him about god, the paranormal, UFO's, government conspiracy's and the end times, may have finally all just clicked all of a sudden, much like a mountain avalanche triggered under a few more drops of snow, wind or a noise. Something in his mind just gave way to the facts. His mind unconsciously to him, may have been putting things together, and when the final piece was put into place, it released in one massive epiphany.

Just a thought, I THINK if he were to get rid of the medications which only server to slow his thought process, he would just fine.

Tell him, welcome to the true world. When people see someone that is out of character talking god, the paranormal, UFO's, government conspiracy's and the end times, they may ask the talker, "Hey what happend to you?" Talker may reply "I woke up!" And that is exactly what they did, the came out of the conditioned trance that has been placed on them since they were a child.
edit on 1-2-2011 by Krummar because: (no reason given)

Make sure your husband takes his medical advice from this guy. He sounds smart. He will refund his life if he ends up dying too. Errr....

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by WalterRatlos

February 6, at 6:30pm EST

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fretz
By the way.. When is Superbowl?

The Christ mind is like an empty Buddha Bowl, first filled with Hermes.

It's always Superbowl, don't ya know?

Opp, i'm start to have one of those Terrance McKenna moments..!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

Well, your mood explains a lot.....

We have different opinions on this, and I'm leaving it at that.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I hope your husband read my post. A lot of effort and energy went into it, to say the least!

The final thesis here is that the universe was made for us, and to include us, or we would not be here, and the spirit and the love of God is quite obviously very friendly in the person of Jesus Christ, and finally the Christ mind of the Empty Buddha Bowl first filled with Hermes is not an imposition on the mind of man, but is instead our natural state of mind, untrammeled by the vissisitudes of life, and so there's peace there, peace not as the world gives, but as God gives from above (incorruptible first/last cause or the alpha and omega of existence). This is truly a marvel with any who "grok" of it, who eat and drink of it and integrate it, as a new way of life, and a whole new order of freedom, which is nothing less than the absolute and unfettered freedom to freely love as we are loved.

link   
I have had 3 prominent things happen to me in my lifetime; the first was seeing a flaming UFO one morning while waiting on the school doors to be opened; this happened sometime back when I was in the second grade. I remembered it being cold outside, so it was most likely February or early March.

The second prominent thing that happened to me was rising out of my body, and having a dimensional being tell another that this one will live a lifetime. I was somewhere between 11 and 12 when this happened to me.
The third thing that happened to me came in a dream; I was most likely in my early twenties; in the dream I was looking at our sun, and a smaller sun to the lower right… it was an amazing sight to see.

I still remember these 3 things vary clearly: I’m 48 now, and yes I have had other thing happen, but nothing like these 3 things. These things did change me in a spiritual way, or I should say made me more aware of what the possibilities could be.

I think your husband has experienced something amazing to him, the same as I have experienced for myself…I don’t think he’s crazy or anything, and you are being brave telling us his story, I kept my experiences to myself and only one other close friend up until I read your story.

link   

Originally posted by stellawayten
I've been with this man for almost 11 years. He has been atheist/agnostic since I have known him. He's a simple guy with simple views. I've always been the conspiracy nut with the crazy ideas and such. He would always laugh at my paranoia and random thoughts about life.

Hm, I am atheist/agnostic myself, although the most honest stance would be to be agnostic, i.e. I don't know if there is a creator deity; and I don't know if there isn't one either. I'll find out in time, I guess. So far, so good!

On January 10, 2011, it was like a lightening bolt hit him or an alien took over his body or something. He had some kind of spiritual experience. I can tell you right now that I know this man... everything about him and he had not been drinking or drugging. (He had a drug test later the next evening and it was negative but I'm getting ahead of myself.) Anyway, back to the story... He started having some kind of spiritual experience. He was crying and praying out loud. He apologized to me for everything he had ever done that hurt me. It was the best night I have ever had with him. We laid in bed all night talking until he had to get up and go to work.

Well, sudden enlightenment?
Mystical experience or manic episode?

The next day he called me and wanted me to tell his coworkers that he was not on drugs. Apparently he had gone to work and was sorta preaching to the guys. I told them that he was fine and was just having a spiritual experience. Later that evening his boss called me and asked if I would pick him up. Said that he needed to go home and rest. On the way to pick him up he called and told me that we were going to go on a trip after I picked him up and to make sure I had the kids with me. I was excited until I talked with my family. They were worried that we would be the next family on the news that was killed by the dad that was getting messages from God. They scared me with their fears.

Hm, it could be a miracle: from atheist/agnostic to born-again Christian, but miracles don't happen that way. Hm, yeah, and atheist/agnostic people don't react well to born-again Christians trying to convert them to their belief.

I picked him up and we started on our 'journey'. My family was so worried that they had the cops stop us. Long story short (okay, not really short but I'm trying), he was arrested, hospitalized and diagnosed with bipolar disorder.

Ok, why was he arrested? I bet the shrinks in the hospital did their job well. And in my experience bipolar persons don't harm others, usually they harm themselves.

He has been on his meds now for a few weeks. He is still spiritual and still open to conspiracies and such. He has the same thoughts that he had that first night the only difference is that he has a filter now and doesn't say everything that he is thinking or trying to figure out like he did the night he was arrested.

I believe he is more balanced; that's what the medication is supposed to do: maintain a balance of emotions - not overshooting into the manic phase and not dropping down to the depressive state.

He feels that something big is coming. Something really big. If I was a 'normal' everyday person I would accept his diagnosis and pat him on the head and just think... well, he's crazy. BUT since I'm an 'abovetopsecret' kinda gal I feel like there might be something to his thoughts and feelings. This is soooooo out of his character and for him to just all of a sudden start feeling and acting this way is something.

Yeah, propably. Every year something big is bound to happen somewhere on this planet. No he is not "crazy"; he's just mentally ill and needs treatment and medication.

I'm not saying that he is not bipolar. I'm just saying what if it's something more. I have been reading a lot of threads talking about people waking up and never in a million years did I think my husband would be one of them.

No, usually the diagnosis is quite correct and the treatment is adequate and helps live a life without too much suffering. Stand by him; and help him deal with it. It's ok, acceptance is the first step to healing.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Psychiatry will always relate "abnormal" behavior to some sort of diagnose simply because that is what they do. They are simply not equipped to positively state that your husband is having a spiritual awakening. Could your husband, in fact, be having some sort of transcended experience? I don't know. I don't know you husband. Could you husband be having a "psychotic" break of some sort? Again, I don't know. And, you'll probably never know.

However, I have noticed a definite upsurge, with what I can only call, some sort of spiritual awareness. Perhaps, the Arab protests are an expression of this same thing? This of course is only what I feel in my gut, and it is my opinion. One thing I would recommended is, of course, talking to a doctor, and getting his/her advice. Brain scans might be in order if for no other reason than putting your mind to ease.

I'll recommend one thing though. Help your husband find some sort of outlet as an expression of his new found spiritualness. He's obviously having a spiritual experience that is real to him. Let him ride it out. Enjoy it. Become love.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
It's amusing how quickly humans will medicate anyone who has a different perception of reality than others.

What exactly is "normal" in this universe? People forget that we are flying through space held in orbit by the gravitational pull of a gigantic ball of burning hydrogen and helium. That is as normal as it gets around here, yet it is quite amazing isn't it? Let's stop anchoring these supposed concrete ideas about the nature of this reality and what is or isn't "normal".

What happened to your husband is profound. Instead of ridiculing or medicating him, people should be asking him questions.
edit on 2/1/2011 by Mr Poopra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Sorry, your hubby didn't "wake up" he broke up. It's just the bi-polar thing that is twisting his mind into believing in his predictions and the Jesus BS.

Oh well, another sound mind lost again.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Neat story, thanks for sharing.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Couldn't a sudden awakening cause someone to be bi-polar? If what you had thought of the world around you etc all of a sudden changed over a split seconds time? I believe the diagnosis could be correct, but the awakening could have happened.

Think of it this way. This is not a real fact etc but just a thought as most of us already are pretty open or some what open and awake to what goes on. Now think if your whole thought process changed in 2seconds to not believing anything etc in an instance. My guess is you would be sooner or later diagnosed with depression though your not depressed your thought process has changed.

Though waking up and realizing stuff then completely not realizing it would be a lot more traumatizing. If it reversed. I get what I am trying to convey maybe it wont come across the way I want. lol Probably wont.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I have been hit by a spiritual lightning bolt before, was manic and perceived as off my rocker by other people at the time. Like your husband I was hospitalized. I thought a pandemic was going to break out but many other very strange ideas came to me during this period. But there were many other enlightening albeit confusing ideas that entered my head then. I was also diagnosed as being bipolar after my episode.

I don't know where these thoughts spring from all of a sudden but when they hit you they hit strong. It's very confusing and painful to go through something like that when people don't listen to you like you're sane, so your husband is very lucky to have you. It's important to have someone grounding you when you're the one going through this sort of thing.

Ultimately I learned that many of my conclusions were incorrect (such as the pandemic) but I still believe that there was truth behind the download of information and ideas I got... it's sort of hard to explain but maybe it could be likened to receiving too much at once and not being able to handle the sudden influx of everything, so while what you're saying could seem random you are still legitimately tapping into something.

I wish you and your husband luck, and I do believe everything will turn out alright.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Bipolar sound exaggerated due to the fact that he was arrested and don't wanna take chances dose him with high amounts and make sure. Its a risk still to take away meds but perhaps normal anti depressants Prozac 20mg could do the trick. Bipolar is when anti depressant do not work and according to my knowledge can only be given prior to seeing a psychologist, which I recommend seeing ASAP if you love your husband!! Some meds are addictive and bipolar requires strong meds, research the pills, bipolar disorder including depression and anxiety.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

I'd be worried. It's always a bad sign when people change their emotions so suddenly. Bipolar disorder is a strong possibility. You, fueling his thoughts with conspiracies, is most likely a bad idea. It will only make him have more things to worry about (since conspiracies are generally ominous). Let him relax, and talk about things that are real. Such as the superbowl, family activities, and engaging things that don't require much thinking. Flooding his thoughts with ideas about aliens, government takeovers, spiritual enlightenment, and such will only make things worse at this point. Wait for him to come around, and then you can discuss that sort of thing.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
If we all stand around in a big group talking to "God", praying together and having a religious leaders tell us how "God" wants us to lead our life it's acceptable.

But if a single individual starts to say "God" is talking to him, preaching in public, or he has had a spiritual experience society/doctors quickly put him on meds.

So it's OK to pray to "God", but if he answers back shhhhhhh don't say a thing.

Does anyone see the irony in this?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

Sudden Religous Conversion + Personality Aflictive Dissorder = Brain Damage or repressed trauma resurfacing. So either your husbands on course to have a stroke or he's just unconvered memories of crap that's happened to him and his mind is clothing it in soothing symbols to explain the unknown gapin maw thats just opened up before him.

I presume that he has no real new knowledge except some claim a meteors going to crash into earth, so this would mean that he's creating his new mental pradigm from what he's already picked up from you.

I'm sorry to be so crass but I'd rather be straight than try to fanny about with nice words. Get him some proper psychological help and be careful. If he's right you and I can always apologise later.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I took a verbal beating from my father today.

Apparently I'm a failure.

And it hit me pretty damn hard and suddenly changed me. I realized that there are people who you just can't reason with. That's why I have decided to stop preaching my own views.

Ex

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I must start with saying the problem with these boards sometimes is that 14 year olds,
with no life experience are taken as seriously as , well more seasoned people here.

I thought your story was quite fasinating.
Please have your husband write down his feeling and insights.
As the Chinese say, when their are three people talking,
each one can learn much from the others.

Peace

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join