It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My husband woke up.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
One of my very best friends is an emergency medicine/psychiatric doctor and as she said, no one take one diagnosis when people are offering such things as lithium as easily as sweets to a baby.

Do I think hes crazy? I can't answer that, you know him better than I but as others have said, keep him sane, grounded and healthy in mind and body and try not to let him read too many of these theories in his current state of mind if hes started to take an interest and what will be will be. If we cannot change it, then so be it, if it is the 'apocalypse' then, we can do nothing in all honesty.

Good luck to both of you.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Star and Flag, hope your struggles end. I will write a short disclaimer that I'm not a doctor and not qualified to diagnose your husband in any capacity. That being said;

I had what you'd call a spiritual experience in the summer of 2008. It's mostly what prompted my registration to post instead of lurk on ATS. In any case, this experience was very real and very vivid. It was not Christian in nature, as that is not the dogma I grew up around. It was spiritual, "new agey," and very scientific in it's theme. Prior to this experience I was a hardcore atheist, often speaking out against organized religions. I was into it.

But when this happened my way of thinking completely changed. Not just the "is there an afterlife?" or "is there a god?" but just in general. What are we doing here? Why are we subjected to living in a society controlled by debt? And by asking myself the right questions, I was able to reveal my own worldview, which corresponds with the majority of posters on ATS. I will also disclose that I was not vocal about my opinions, I did not scare anyone at work or at home. Perhaps your husband was more sensitive to what happened to him. To me, when I had this experience it was sort of like a "I knew this all along, I just wouldn't let it in," kind of thing instead of a "HOLY CRAP IT'S REAL I GOTTA TELL EVERYONE." And I mean that in a non-offensive way, just trying to convey the extremes, and what effects those extremes would have on different individuals.

In closing, I believe that your husband had a legitimate experience. And as Neo would say, "Where we go from here, is a choice I leave to you."

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I don't think you are going to get good answers here. There may be some, but they are overwhelmed by loonie ones. The docs may be wrong, too. They have a script to follow, a flow chart that helps them in diagnostic work, so they follow it regardless.

The key point here is that your husband is not functional at work. That tells us right there that this change is affecting his ability to interact with his co-workers and even his family. That is not so much an awakening as it is acting in an irrational manner. We here cannot judge all his statements because we can't know one way or another, but look at the ones you have shared with us.

"God is an alien." I'm sorry; I know this is ATS, but that is nonsensical.

"Metors will strike the earth." Eventually sure, and small ones will every day, but I doubt one of any destructive size will strike the earth any time soon.

"Something will happen during Super Bowl." Sure. It might, but isn't that a logical time & place to mount some sort of terrorist attack? I'm sure a lot of people think the same thing, but if it DOES happen, it won't be because he's psychic. It's a natural conclusion to make.

I don't think any of this is supernatural or oaranormal in origin. Even a dyes in the wool atheist has been surrounded by religious stories from childhood. he also knows about your interests. All that stuff is in his head even if he has rejected it. Something has happened here to make him drop his basrriers against them, so they're flooding into him at a conscious level.

From his own previous standpoint he has suffered a malfunction in his BS detector. I wouldn't seek solace and answers from people here who don't have one in the first place. Good luck to you and your entire family.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
For some reason, doctors seem to have the need to classify everyone with a label or a diagnosis, and put them in the little box that THEY think they belong in.

They also always feel part of the answer is to whack everyone up on some sort of medication.

Get him off the meds. He just needs someone to talk to, to sort it all out. I mean a good friend, wife, etc.

Not some phony "therapist" who, when it comes right down to it, is only someone who does a very poor job at being a paid friend.

Something IS coming. There are too many signs that point to it. Too many people feel it. Too many "coincidences".

Remember Richard Dreyfuss in "Close Encounters Of The Third Kind"? His wife thought he was going crazy because he felt that something was coming.

Help him find comfort in God's word in the Bible.

It will put his mind at ease.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Sounds like he is having a spiritual emergence which some call a spiritual emergency. I have gone through a similar experience although Ive never been the one to bottle up much and Ive not really had any major things happen to me in my life. My housemate and I had the same awakening but he did the same thing as your husband and it looked as though he was going mad. He was diagnosed as schizophrenic, but I managed to hold on to reality even though I had changed. I had never been spiritual before and started reading everything I could and started preaching to people a bit. My girlfriend at the time was worried about me. After a few months it started to settle in and I could lead a more 'normal' life.

I dont know if the prescription drugs are a good idea as his 'stuff' will be set aside and will return when he stops taking them, but I am no doctor and Ive never met your husband. Western medicine does not recognise spiritual emergence. I know this as I have researched this problem. In India it is quite normal for this to happen and people are prepared for it when it does happen.

This will be happening to more and more people, especially after the energy increase after the 11th of this month. More doctors need to get in the know and soon, before they are diagnosing too many people with mental problems when all they need to do is understand this is a natural process which will happen to everyday people rather than just the monks as it used to be.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
It's his path. Let him take it. We are responsible for our OWN paths. Let him be. Stop controlling.
No one has the answer for another soul. Period.
Good people will offer advice. That's all it is though. Other peoples opinions on someone elses life.
He is responsible for his own choices.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Sounds like he has a guilty conscious about something like he did something bad and now he is trying to make some kind of amends.

Just my 2 cents

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by tigermoff
Sounds like he is having a spiritual emergence which some call a spiritual emergency. I have gone through a similar experience although Ive never been the one to bottle up much and Ive not really had any major things happen to me in my life. My housemate and I had the same awakening but he did the same thing as your husband and it looked as though he was going mad. He was diagnosed as schizophrenic, but I managed to hold on to reality even though I had changed. I had never been spiritual before and started reading everything I could and started preaching to people a bit. My girlfriend at the time was worried about me. After a few months it started to settle in and I could lead a more 'normal' life.

I dont know if the prescription drugs are a good idea as his 'stuff' will be set aside and will return when he stops taking them, but I am no doctor and Ive never met your husband. Western medicine does not recognise spiritual emergence. I know this as I have researched this problem. In India it is quite normal for this to happen and people are prepared for it when it does happen.

This will be happening to more and more people, especially after the energy increase after the 11th of this month. More doctors need to get in the know and soon, before they are diagnosing too many people with mental problems when all they need to do is understand this is a natural process which will happen to everyday people rather than just the monks as it used to be.
Well said. Needed in fact.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
you said the next one in the family on the news what happened to the others there has to be something common between them like are they having the exact same experience who was around in the moments leading up to them passing away. For some reason I think the parents have a little more to add to the stor than what they are showing ask others then go and ask them as there maybe more questions that arise from the search.

Just seems like to much of a coincidence that others in that family seemed to have gone crazy keep us updated.
edit on 1-2-2011 by vkturbo because: spelling

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

It sounds to me like your husband, like so many other hardcore 'atheists,' was someone who grew up in a terrible, oppressive Christian home and wanted to distance himself from God out of spite to his parents, even though he still secretly believed in God. It sounds to me like something finally clicked in his mind - if God is a space alien, then his deeply buried faith is compatible with his superficial scientific faith! Am I right?

I mean, this would explain the 'tension' he had for years that had no apparent physical cause. The psychic tension of suppressing a (possibly abused?) Christian alter ego for years, and opposing it with an atheistic adult personality. Resolving the conflict between the two is a reasonable explanation for the sudden end of his chronic pain.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

That's a great story Stella, thanks for sharing it. I would expect you were on the fence as to whether or not to post such a sensitive story here. I have not read through the entire thread but I hope and expect your sharing will be well received. If not on a conspiratorial basis at least on a "your part of our community" basis.

I'm not an expert, and I try not to play one on ATS but your husband does not sound as if he's bi-polar. I would think if he was he would have shown signs prior to this, such as manic/depressive shifts in his daily activities. Perhaps he did and I have not yet read it within the thread. Just my first impression. If he is bi-polar, it sounds as if he has coped very well up until recently.

There are a lot of things that we could imagine would bring on his "awakening". Is it at all possible that his appreciation for you is what brought this on? I can only speak for myself but I can tell you I have immense respect and love for my wife and all that she contributes to my life. I have always known that she is my "better half" in every sense of that term. For the most part I have thankfully always been able to express that to her. Is it just possible that a similar understanding has surfaced for your husband? Is it possible that he is only now able to express what he has held inside for however long you've been together? At least express it in this outward, flamboyant way? Of course there's much more to the story than him just opening up to you but you might have been the springboard for his change.

I know, that's not so conspiratorial a take. Only you will know if what I suggest is in the least a part of the puzzle. Whatever the reason for his change, it sounds as if this has been and will hopefully continue to be a mostly good and exciting change in your lives. There's nothing more rewarding than sharing and dissecting a good conspiracy story with your spouse. And I don't think I'm alone in that.

edit on 1-2-2011 by Hemisphere because: punctuation

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ckno1

PLEASE READ THIS:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hey thanks queuing up the 10 part vid to watch on youtube at this very moment. Looks interesting

Oh and we are referring to a documentary titled "Psychiatry: an Industry of Death". You can find it on youtube in the form of 10 parts approximately 10 minutes or so each fyi.

NT

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

And Stella, I did not mean to in any way to make light of the struggles this is causing you both. I just wanted to insert a positive take on what might be at least for now confusing and a little scary. All the best to you!
edit on 1-2-2011 by Hemisphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I think ADHD, BiPolar and Stress disorders are the popular disorders that doctors use too often to diagnose patients that act different from the norm. Hey people come in all shapes, sizes and attitudes. Some people are very soft spoken some are loud. Who's to say that just because you're different you need to take pills. Life would be pretty boring if everyone acted like they were cut out from the same mold. I sometimes imagine that medical students are told if you can't diagnose a patient tell them they have any one of the above three. Raise your hand now and tell me how many times you've been told in the doctor's office that your ache of pain was due to stress? Your kid is hyper active...he has ADHD. They can't focus or their easily bored...has ADHD. Short fused...you're bi-polar. Here take this pill and will make it so your brain slows down and you'll walk around like a zombie.

I swear when I was young they would have labeled me ADHD. I was always bored during school lectures and if the subject didn't interest me, my mind would wonder. I think that's pretty normal for most people.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

What exactly has he woken up to? Religious dogma? Faith? He's suddenly changed his belief systems because of an experience?

Quite subjective i find - If i was to experience the same thing; i may see it in a completely different way (no praying or belief in a deity) required for the experience.

Any explanation as to what exactly he "experienced"?

Are you implying that this stands in favour of a omnipotent (supernatural) deity?

Quite a few questions, pardon my sceptical mind. Cogratulations to your husband though if it's made him feel more "spiritual" and loving. I certainly can't help feeling this was an attempt to denigrate the reason for the Atheist position; that we are all somehow "spiritless" or not "awake" because we lack a belief in a deity.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

What exactly has he woken up to? Religious dogma? Faith? He's suddenly changed his belief systems because of an experience?

Quite subjective i find - If i was to experience the same thing; i may see it in a completely different way (no praying or belief in a deity) required for the experience.

Any explanation as to what exactly he "experienced"?

Are you implying that this stands in favour of a omnipotent (supernatural) deity?

Quite a few questions, pardon my sceptical mind. Cogratulations to your husband though if it's made him feel more "spiritual" and loving. I certainly can't help feeling this was an attempt to denigrate the reason for the Atheist position; that we are all somehow "spiritless" or not "awake" because we lack a belief in a deity.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
He sounds more sane than most men I know where all they care about is booze and scantily clad women.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I wouldn't let the doctors at him, love is all you need...

Godspeed to you and your husband Stella

edit on 2/1/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I was sorta crazy before I woke up. Now most people would say I'm really crazy.

Insanity is not an objective thing. It is just a set of guidelines that people use to classify certain behaviors that they find to be undesirable.

Just because someone is deemed 'crazy' it doesnt really mean anything. Not any more so than any other idea or opinion that exists outside of yourself. I think that the majority of people living in complete denial of all the events and circumstances around us that are so evident are the real 'crazy' ones.

You know what, I am very thankful that I am the way that I am other people's thoughts and opinions only have power if you give it to them.

It is truly unfortunate when the law becomes involved and someone's opinion can manifest itself into control and authority over another human being. THe only people that should be deprived of their freedom are those that are a danger to themselves or others around them.

I wont stop for a second being the person that I am because all I am doing is being myself, no holds barred.

And if everyone started acting on their feelings and stopped trying to maintain appearances and 'not rock the boat' we would probably be a much more spiritually evolved species by now.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
oops hit reply too quick....

A spiritual experience like his can be so dramatic that one struggles with all the emotions and contradictions of ones life that come back in a short period of time. If it was God, there would not be confusion in him at all, but there are other forces at work in this universe ( no - not 'aliens') and with any sort of paranoia or lack of peace you can be sure it's not God, Jesus or the Holy Spirit thats touched him but it might be something else spiritual or it could be breakdown, but if he is calm and at peace, even though he says or does things that seem strange I'd say most likely it's the one true God, if he ain't - it's not, simple as that.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join