It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My husband woke up.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+50 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I've been with this man for almost 11 years. He has been atheist/agnostic since I have known him. He's a simple guy with simple views. I've always been the conspiracy nut with the crazy ideas and such. He would always laugh at my paranoia and random thoughts about life.

On January 10, 2011, it was like a lightening bolt hit him or an alien took over his body or something. He had some kind of spiritual experience. I can tell you right now that I know this man... everything about him and he had not been drinking or drugging. (He had a drug test later the next evening and it was negative but I'm getting ahead of myself.) Anyway, back to the story... He started having some kind of spiritual experience. He was crying and praying out loud. He apologized to me for everything he had ever done that hurt me. It was the best night I have ever had with him. We laid in bed all night talking until he had to get up and go to work.

The next day he called me and wanted me to tell his coworkers that he was not on drugs. Apparently he had gone to work and was sorta preaching to the guys. I told them that he was fine and was just having a spiritual experience. Later that evening his boss called me and asked if I would pick him up. Said that he needed to go home and rest. On the way to pick him up he called and told me that we were going to go on a trip after I picked him up and to make sure I had the kids with me. I was excited until I talked with my family. They were worried that we would be the next family on the news that was killed by the dad that was getting messages from God. They scared me with their fears.

I picked him up and we started on our 'journey'. My family was so worried that they had the cops stop us. Long story short (okay, not really short but I'm trying), he was arrested, hospitalized and diagnosed with bipolar disorder.

He has been on his meds now for a few weeks. He is still spiritual and still open to conspiracies and such. He has the same thoughts that he had that first night the only difference is that he has a filter now and doesn't say everything that he is thinking or trying to figure out like he did the night he was arrested.

He feels that something big is coming. Something really big. If I was a 'normal' everyday person I would accept his diagnosis and pat him on the head and just think... well, he's crazy. BUT since I'm an 'abovetopsecret' kinda gal I feel like there might be something to his thoughts and feelings. This is soooooo out of his character and for him to just all of a sudden start feeling and acting this way is something.

I'm not saying that he is not bipolar. I'm just saying what if it's something more. I have been reading a lot of threads talking about people waking up and never in a million years did I think my husband would be one of them.

+72 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
im no dr. but maybe meds arent exactly what he needs.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
that's a really interesting story, i don't have much to add but it's very fascinating. it's too bad he was hospitalized, he probably didn't need it. like you said, it's just a spiritual experience..he was just happy. did he mention what made the change all of a sudden?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by metalshredmetal

He doesn't know what made the change. We have discussed it and he really doesn't know.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I'm sorry for lacking sympathy, but i'm more interested in the sort of things he was talking about.
And the trip? where did he intend on taking you all?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I have to agree with the medical professionals, that certianly fit the bill for some of these posts. I have always asked myself.. why cant I see a UFO why cant I experince a ghost or anything out of the norm...

I tryto keep my thoughts open, but nothing has been experienced todate.

I wish your husband a speedy recovery.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

Good for you and congratulation. I don't know what else to say

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
maybe there was a psychological adjustment in his sleep? was he like that when he woke up one day? so he has no memory of what he was doing or when he started to feel so chipper all of a sudden?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by neowakko

Oh, I'm not wanting sympathy in the least. I'm more interested in the things he was saying and doing and where he wanted to go too BUT I'm hesitant to post it because I've seen what they do on these boards. I don't want to be ripped to shreds.

But in the sake of 'science' I will tell you that he was insisting on going to west Texas. Specifically Marfa.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by darrylss

I understand your skepticism... thats probably not the right word but I understand your feelings is what I'm trying to say.

My husband was sorta like you... If he would have read this story before he would have said... That Mother F'er is crazy... Not anymore though.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
bi polar my azz....the ama is not the one to judge spirit....that's for sure
where was he going to take the bunch?..
meds not needed....

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by metalshredmetal

No, actually he was his normal self all day. It was about 8p or so when it started.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

Marfa

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Well i think that this is the place for terribly new ideas. I've just covered the Terra Papers and i could use the next stimulant...

Might start a thread on that btw. Not soon tho.

Do share. We may criticise and rip it to shreds, but at least it would sit in the back of our heads till we see it in a different light (if we couldn't do so in the first place)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
apparently Marfa is semi-famous for a UFO sighting a while back...is your husband into ufology at all? spill the beans

+24 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Years ago when my father died (about 3 months after he past),
I had a sudden blow-out.
just ended up bawling my eyes out and a panic attack.

Wife at the time took me to the doc, who said i was bi-polar and put me on anti-dep pills.
After 5 months, i felt better. and went to doc about getting off the meds.
He said i need to take them forever after.

I just told him i felt the event was a release of all my held back emotions (guys tend to hold things in) and that i will just stop taking the meds, walked out, and have been fine since. I was about 34 years old then.

Maybe he just got to a point in his life when he could no longer bottle things up inside and it all just blew out.
You may find you have someone who will now start sharing his thoughts with you more?
Give him time and enjoy your new man. I would look at 4-6months and get him off the pills (he may decide himself, when he feels my comfortable with himself)

edit on 31-1-2011 by CitizenNum287119327 because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Okay, I'm hesitant but here goes....

He says there is going to be a huge meteor that will hit the earth with a bunch of smaller ones following it.

He says he thinks something is going to happen on the day of the superbowl... not sure.

He says that God is really an alien. He now believes in God, reads the Bible and prays every day.

There was much more but these are the ones that really stick out in my mind.

link   
reply to post by stellawayten

This is definitely interesting. I too, will say that after reading the OP, the first and foremost question I had was, "where did he want to go?"

It just reminded me of similarities with "Close Encounters Of The Third Kind." I did not know anything about Marfa, so I just did a quick search and read a small paragraph about the 'Marfa Lights" which just make me think more about "Close Encounters........"

Still very interesting, and strange how he seems to have been so quickly placed on Bi-Polar drugs. Some of those drugs, in my opinion, based on someone with whom I was very close to that was on them, can seem to be the cause and not the fix, for some delusions, but that's just my opinion.

I would like to know, what it is that the doctors think caused this to happen? Why do they think he was just all of a sudden bi-polar?

link   
marfa.... he was doing something that was not spurred by bi-polar nothing...
now the spirit world has two poles....as long as we depend on the God of the bible, we are invincible...in fact once one believes in Jesus
(yahushua )....no matter what they do or say from that point on...they are destined to have eternal life, period.
marfa...hmmmm location of unexplained lights seen by thousands and filmed for decades, also a weather break-over location (the marfa line ) i have a hundred questions for him.!!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
There are some who are doing their best, and trying to bring change.

I am deeply interested in what he said. You can send a U2U if you are willing. this one promises, with my very soul and being, i will not judge or degrade. That is never this ones intent.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join