It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt's Last-Standing ISP Goes Dark

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Clark Savage Jr.

While this spiritual babel is all well and good and I hope they are spiritually behind this revolution in the real world people need to communicate to ban together and in todays day and age you need a big group to take on big government and that means you need mass communication. Timing is everything and without communication you have no timing.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

You are right! They can not communicate as efficiently now. Not to mention the fact that the situation over there is violent, and these people now have no way to immediately check on loved ones and friends. This will just make the atmosphere even more violent IMO.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Star for you too! It does appear sinister indeed. They have shut down every connection to the outside world these folks have. I would not be surprised if they made it mandatory for all journalists to pack it up and move along as well.

I hope nothing more catastrophic occurs while the country is basically on lockdown.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

You're completely missing the point here.

Sure, the zombification of people is a serious issue, but there are plenty of causes for that. Pretty much any addiction, of which there are many, will cause the same destruction to a family unit. Believe me, as a people we've been isolating ourselves for a long time now.

But, the free and instantaneous exchange of information on a global scale can never be considered a bad thing. If you mean 'the education system' is propaganda, sure I'm with you there. But technology has allowed easy access to knowledge far above that which is offered in our schools, so how is that a bad thing?

Back on topic, communication and flow of information is key in such a volatile situation like this. For the Egyptian people to be robbed of their ability to easily communicate with each other, and with the world abroad, is absolutely unforgivable.

Props to Google for helping out, although I'm sure they're evil

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheStev
reply to post by pianopraze

You're completely missing the point here.

Sure, the zombification of people is a serious issue, but there are plenty of causes for that. Pretty much any addiction, of which there are many, will cause the same destruction to a family unit. Believe me, as a people we've been isolating ourselves for a long time now.

But, the free and instantaneous exchange of information on a global scale can never be considered a bad thing. If you mean 'the education system' is propaganda, sure I'm with you there. But technology has allowed easy access to knowledge far above that which is offered in our schools, so how is that a bad thing?

Back on topic, communication and flow of information is key in such a volatile situation like this. For the Egyptian people to be robbed of their ability to easily communicate with each other, and with the world abroad, is absolutely unforgivable.

Props to Google for helping out, although I'm sure they're evil

The internet is a wonderful source for learning, education and communication. I was not addressing that.

I was addressing what the reality of our increasing isolation caused by the technology that is developed to unite us. True change comes from within ourselves and progresses through fellowship within the community in which we live.

Truth is the most subversive and insidious virus imaginable to globalist agendas. Globalist agendas lead to control and stratification. Surf/Lord.

The way to fight globalization is through community enrichment and entitlement. Growing and producing and buying and selling within the community keeps the community rich and grows the community. The further and wider you outsource the more you destroy the community and enrich the mediators of global trafficking... i.e. large corporations and banksters.

Local credit unions and community building are the key to undermining the globalist agenda. And if you haven't figured out yet, one day you will... their agenda is to benefit them at the detriment of you.

By all means use the internet for personal growth and enrichment. But turn the darn thing off and live your lives. Unplug and live. Don't live to find plugs for facebook. Build yourself and your family and your community. This is how we win.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Awesome!! Just to let you know, I am on Twitter now and have been for hours. After reading your post I "followed" speek2tweet. Wow! The calls have been flowing in from Egypt. Here are some links starting with older ones first.

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com... [you can hear a baby/child in the background of this one]

www.saynow.com...

There are more...voices from Egypt.

Thank you for caring.

MORE voices,,,

www.saynow.com... [this one sounds very stressed out]

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com... [all this one says is "Hello"]

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com... [a message from the Muslim Brotherhood - Somone]

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com... ["searching for weapons or something"]

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com... [Somone again]

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com... [some English]

www.saynow.com... [English]

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com... [English - woman talking about receiving calls - getting cut off]

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com... [English - a request to the World]

www.saynow.com... [English - a request to the World]

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com... [English]

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com... [English - "I'm hearing military planes above my building. We have tanks near our house. Prisoners have fled from prisons. Buildings are burning. Looters are everywhere.. We're worried about police brutality." ETC]

www.saynow.com... [English - "Egyptian tv is lying]

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

www.saynow.com...

Please lets not forget about the Egyptians.

edit on 1-2-2011 by Antoniastar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Here's an update from someone in Egypt.

www.saynow.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
The tweets from Egypt have completely and abruptly stopped. They were flowing in so fast I could hardly keep up with them. I'm getting tweets, just none from speak2tweet.

I'll keep you posted.

Toni

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Antoniastar

Thanks for those! I really hope they didn't disable that as well.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

You're welcome Kangaruex4Ewe. Well according to this poster, mobile phone services have been disconnected.

"reply posted on 1-2-2011 @ 05:38 AM by Siddharta
They just shut down mobile connections!

Sultan Al Qassemi on twitter:

Breaking Al Jazeera: Mobile phone services have been disconnected at Meydan Tahrir (This is enormously irresponsible of the regime)

Edit to add: Can't be true for all, since journos still are sending tweets directly from the square."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Before I logged off of Twitter this was the last call that came in...

‎02/01/11 02:32 AM - the time of the last transmission, the last voice...

www.saynow.com...

However, I just now logged back into Twitter and it appears that the tweets from Egypt (and the U.S. and Poland, etc.) are flowing back in

Yes. Awesome.

Here's the first one since the tweets from speak2tweet started coming in again...

www.saynow.com... - 02/01/11 03:40 AM

It seems mobile service has been restored to the Egyptian Citizens.

edit on 1-2-2011 by Antoniastar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Antoniastar

Though something isn't right because on my main Twitter page some of the incoming calls say that they're from different countries like the U.S., the United Kingdom, Belgium, and Poland but when I click on the link that pulls up the call page itself, I get this...

"Voice Message from Voice of Egypt" and the voice does sound Egyptian.

I wonder why it would say that the call is coming from Belgium and Egypt but on two different pages? And it looks like it's a recent development. It starts with this one...

www.saynow.com...

The main page says the call is from Belgium.

Glitch maybe?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join