It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How they will set off the New Madrid Fault...Putting it all together

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

there is over a foot of snowfall predicted from oklahoma city to portland, maine...a 2100 mile swath....which rests mostly over the new madrid fault.

IMO all that excess weight will trigger the major earthquake some people have been predicting.

So, to put it together, they used HAARP to manufacture the storm, Fema is preparing for it (buying all those meals and having their "simulation").

i don't know, just a thought I had.........at all possible?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

You do know that snow is water, right?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

"all that excess weight"

Dny Ignorance man. Deny Ignorance.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by highfreq

yes, do you know how heavy water is?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

thanks for your very insightful analysis...it will come in very handy

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Do you really think weight could cause an earthquake?

And I don't think the government is going to try to "activate" the earthquake. I'm sure if it were to happen, it would happen naturally.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Indeed. I see where you are trying to go, but if you compare this one snow storm or winter compared to others. This has happened many times before. Then take intom account the large amounts of rain the Mississippi basin has had over the last couple years. I would imagine the melt would trigger the fault line with the ground becoming saturated and liquified. Not the weight of snow.
edit on 31-1-2011 by highfreq because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

With all due respect, I think the New Madrid fault is pretty much ready to go off at any moment, all by itself. If it did happen during a blizzard, I can't even imagine the extent of the catastrophe, but I don't think it needs any help being set off. Now, as far as this storm that is coming, I have no doubts that weather modification may be involved but lets hope New Madrid stays stable for a while longer! I don't think snow could set it off, but who knows... I may end eating my words and then I'll admit I was wrong.
Well, in a few months or years when the internet is back, being that I live in Kentucky and a major quake would take out my power for who knows how long.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

i'll give you that, however, the waters from the mississippi don't stretch to portland ME..

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
You do realize that 12 inches of snow is probably the equivalent of less than one inch of water.

Not really that heavy.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

True but the New Madrid fault line runs at a north/south direction, not east to west.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Exactly!!! applying ample pressure to both sides!!!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed

Exactly!!! applying ample pressure to both sides!!!

Then things should balance out...right?

Good thing the snow isn't just going to be on one side of the fault...or not...because we all know snow can't cause an earthquake.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

true, but at over 40,000 square miles, it adds up
edit on 31-1-2011 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
The MSM has been hyping this storm mostly for mid westerners.
Could be some kind of huge Media snow job in the works but why an east/west division along New Madrid?
Does this play into all the plane incidents showing up in some of the other threads?
edit on 31-1-2011 by Bordon81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
All the snow and Ice on the poles pushes down the landmasses underneath. When there is polar melting the land masses raise.

Here is a link: Live Science "Greenland ice melting land rising"

The ice is melting so fast in Greenland that the giant island is rising noticeably as the weight is lifted. In some spots, the land is rising 1 inch per year.

Yes that is Ice, but the point is taken. Enough snow, over enough time without melting would have an effect...

/devils advocate hat off...

It probably won't affect it any more than the rainfall because it will melt.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

And, my good sir, the major recorded event with this fault line happened between december and february......199 years ago!!!

The zone had four of the largest North American earthquakes in recorded history, with moment magnitudes estimated to be as large as 8.0, all occurring within a three-month period between December 1811 and February 1812. Many of the published accounts describe the cumulative effects of all the earthquakes (known as the New Madrid Sequence); thus finding the individual effects of each quake can be difficult. Magnitude estimates and epicenters are based on interpretations of historical accounts and may vary. en.wikipedia.org...

and it runs sort of sw to ne

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

yeah, you never know...just a thought i had....i;m not married to the the idea.....

at least this is still an open forum conspiracy site.....right?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
reply to post by pianopraze

yeah, you never know...just a thought i had....i;m not married to the the idea.....

at least this is still an open forum conspiracy site.....right?

Keep the ideas flowing. The only truly bad question is the one not asked. Only those that want to control you will try to stop you from asking questions. Those that want to help you grow will help you learn and keep asking...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Who knows bad but i hope not maybe all of that snow will seep down and lubricate it enough to slip under the extra pressures the snow will exert and whoever said snow was light i dont know but it caved my buddys garage roof in with no problem a few years back how much snow does a gallon of water make figure it out and multiply that by 8 pounds the weight of the water

top topics

<<   2 >>

join