It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are the Pyramids of Giza missing their Capstones?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GeminiSky

Why do people keep saying stuff like this:

First off I didn't assume anything, I simply have a theory that the pyramids had a specific purpose, that may have been deactivated by the removal of the capstones. A theory is just that....no one knows how and why they were constructed.

We know why they were built, as tombs for the kings and queens.

As for how:

www.catchpenny.org...

And before you try to tell me it was impossible without alien tech, various groups have demonstrated just how easy it was to build them with an endless supply of slaves.

i agree with the other poster, you obviously have a theory, and you won't let any facts get in the way.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Perhaps the lightening/energy rod concept can be supported by the characteristics illustrated in Kirlian photography, showing how energy moves through top of pyramid?

Kirlian

spec

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

We know why they were built, as tombs for the kings and queens.

As for how:

www.catchpenny.org...

And before you try to tell me it was impossible without alien tech, various groups have demonstrated just how easy it was to build them with an endless supply of slaves.

i agree with the other poster, you obviously have a theory, and you won't let any facts get in the way.

How sure are we about that....a tomb for kings and queens?

Nassim

edit on 1-2-2011 by BlackBox011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

here,s some info on the cap stone and the :"tripod"
www.gizapyramid.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The fact that there aren't any writings in them brings a couple questions to my mind.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

What facts? I welcome facts, but nobody has proven for a FACT as to how they were constructed. Please share your FACTS.

--GeminiSky

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by amtarcher

I find the link you provided very interesting....Especially this part that describes a very strong magnetic/or electric field at the top of the pyramid:

On the back of a dollar bill, you can see a pyramid with a flat top. No one has been able to explain why the Great Pyramid would have been built without a capstone. This is an interesting story associated with a visit to the top of the great pyramid. Many tourists have climbed to the top, which is not an easy journey. One such person was Sir Siemen's, a British inventor. He climbed to the top with his Arab guides. One of his guides called attention to the fact that when he raised his hand with outspread fingers, he would hear an acute ringing noise.

Siemen raised his index finger and felt a distinct prickling sensation. He also received an electric shock when he tried to drink from a bottle of wine that he had brought with him. Being a scientist, Siemen than moistened a newspaper and wrapped it around the wine bottle to convert it into a Leyden jar (an early form of a capacitor). When he held it above his head, it became charged with electricity. Sparks then were emitted from the bottle. One of the Arab guides got frightened and thought Siemen was up to some witchcraft and attempted to seize Siemen's companion.

When Siemen's noticed this, he pointed the bottle towards the Arab and gave him such a shock that it knocked the Arab to the ground almost rendering him unconscious. When he recovered, he took off down the pyramid shouting loudly. What kind of natural phenomena on the top of the Great Pyramid could produce such an electo-static effect? It would be interesting to conduct additional physics experiments on the top of the Great Pyramid.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
The fact that there aren't any writings in them brings a couple questions to my mind.

As The Giza Power Plant was going to press, most of my communication was with like minded people who knew of my work and who agreed that there was some truth to it and that it should receive further study. I was blissfully unaware of a multitude of people who looked at this out-of-the-blue, from far left field radical idea of the Great Pyramid as a power plant as quite fantastic and unbelievable. Well, I suspected there were some out there. No, I knew they were out there. Their existence at that time, though, did not really affect me as it does now. This is primarily because I believe I could have done a better job of persuading intelligent critically minded people who visit this site to follow the evidence that led me to my conclusions.

In an attempt to correct part of this error, I would like to bring your attention to another chapter in my book that discusses the Grand Gallery in the Great Pyramid. But first some background information.

The details of the Grand Gallery are extremely important and have no parallel in any other structure on Earth. Its geometric design predicts that sound originating within its space is focused through a passageway past the Antechamber and into the granite complex known as the King's Chamber. This phenomena has been noted by musicians, acoustical engineers, military scientist and laypeople alike. Some of the more puzzling features of this architectural acoustical miracle, however, are not adequately explained by conventional literature or, indeed, in any other literature. They are the 27 pair of slots that are cut into the ramps that traverse both side of the Grand Gallery.

Within the context of a machine, these slots can be imagined to perform all sorts of functions. On author speculated that they may have serves as the teeth on a rack and pinion type device that would allow the device (pinion) to crawl up the Grand Gallery. Some have speculated that they may have housed devices that would serve as gates for the elevation of fluids. The conventional theory is that the granite plugs in the lower part of the Ascending passage were held in the Grand Gallery prior to being lowered into place. These slots, they surmise, housed wooden pegs that held the blocks in place.

In attempting to explain the existence of these slots in the power plant theory, my focus was to introduce an explanation that not only explained why the slots were there, but also how these slots fit with the explanations for all the other evidence found within the Great Pyramid. The evidence that I worked with at the time included the design of the Grand Gallery and all the evidence that was around it.

"Prior to my visit to Egypt in 1986, I had speculated that the slots along the Gallery floor anchored wooden resonators, but that these devices were balanced in a vertical orientation reaching almost to the full height of the gallery. I speculated that the resonators were anchored in the slots at the bottom and held in place by utilizing dowels that fit into the groove located in the second corbeling and running the full length of the gallery. If this speculation is true, it would logically follow that the geometry of the 27 pair of slots would be unlike the drawings I have studied. The bottom of the slot may be parallel to the horizontal plane, rather than parallel with the angle of the gallery, and the side walls of the slot would be vertical to a horizontal plane, rather than perpendicular to the angle of the gallery. This was a significant detail and a simple one to check out.

"My first trek inside the Great Pyramid in 1986 didn't reveal anything about the geometry of these slots as they were filled with dirt and debris. The following day I set out to the Great Pyramid with a soupspoon that I had 'borrowed' from the hotel restaurant. Digging out the dirt and debris, with tourists and guides looking at me like I was crazy (actually, it was probably illegal to do this as you need special permission and to carry out excavations in Egypt), I finally came to the bottom of the slot. It was as I predicted it would be; parallel to the horizontal. Also, the sides of the slots were perpendicular to the horizontal. Other slots were perpendicular to the horizontal as well, though some of them had bottoms that were parallel to the gallery floor. In either scenario, it appears that the slots were prepared to accommodate a vertical structure, rather than restrain weight that would exert shear pressure from the side."

"If the resonators were made of combustible material they may have been destroyed at the same time the King's Chamber was subject to its disturbance.

"As evidence to support this speculation, there are reports that the limestone walls in the Grand Gallery were subjected to heat, and calcination, or burning, of the limestone blocks took place. The disaster that struck the King's Chamber, therefore, may have been responsible for destroying the resonators in the Grand Gallery."

read more here:
www.quofataferunt.com...:vreemde-dingen-die-piramides&catid=77:psychologie-gnostiek-religie& Itemid=95#comment-24525

edit on 3-2-2011 by BlackBox011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Er...wrong and wrong. Small scale attempts at building replicas barely succeed - try doing that on a grand scale - i don't think so. As for them being tombs that is not true either. Why are they so different from every other ancient tomb in Egypt and why do they lack the necessary art work and writings to enable the spirits of the dead to ascend? The best we can say is that we have no idea what they were built for and no idea of how or when they were built.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Actually the theory goes that initiations were performed in the pyramids at Giza. culminating in a symbolic burial for three days and a re-birth into revealed knowledge. There is no evidence that human remains were interred at the great Pyramid.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
There you have it.....Im appalled at how some individuals simply fall for this rope and logs version of how the pyramid was constructed and view it as FACT.

Sure someone may have made a small scale example, but please come see me when we as humans have build something of that complexity and size with today's modern tech.

You know where to find me!

--GeminiSky

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

edit on 4-2-2011 by GeminiSky because: Double post.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

Really? There are bottomless pits inside pyramids? How come that's not common knowledge? You would think something like that would be up there with "The pyramids are in Egypt" Do you have a link to a reputable source for that information, I am really curious now. Thankyou.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Who knows what the answers are!

What we do know are that "newly" found cities such as Gobekli Tepe used MASSIVE building blocks which have since become part of our unknown history.
www.smithsonianmag.com...
(pre dates stone henge by 11,000 years)

Lebanon:Baalbek
sacredsites.com...
(scroll to bottom)

"The great enclosure" in Africa

easter Island

The Bosnian Pyramids in Europe!

The aztec, Incas Nazca lines

Those are just a tiny few that most know of.

What these places all have in common is the massive enormous size of them all.

Could it be, that maybe they were built by a much larger race of human like mammals? If so it would have been much easier to place such massive stones and structures together now wouldnt it.

Could David and Goliath actually have been a way for our ancestors to leave us a part of our past history that was indeed fact?

Heres a neat lil vid to get you inspired about who we truly are, where we come from, and who was here before we arrived!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I think this might shed some light about the Pyramid's missing capstones:

Taken from Ezekiel 28:

12Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.

13Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

14Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

15Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

16By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.

17Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

18Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.

19All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.

This quote seems like a direct reference to the "cap-stones" of the pyramids. It does make perfect-sense.
edit on 6-2-2011 by trekwebmaster because: edited for brevity...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
All the answers folks in a book of Drunvalo Melchizedek "Acnient secret of The Flower of Life" volume 1 and volume 2.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

The builders didn't have to pay tax until the structures were finished.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by misfitofscience
Could it be, that maybe they were built by a much larger race of human like mammals? If so it would have been much easier to place such massive stones and structures together now wouldnt it.

Are you referring to the Nephilim? Apparently they still have some ancestors alive today:

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join