It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are the Pyramids of Giza missing their Capstones?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris811
reply to post by GeminiSky

doesnt matter where you grew up, and i'm sure that i've read just as much as you and seen just as much as you. i have my own idea's about the construction of them. and i've never said anything about logs and ropes and what not.

i'll be up in nyc in march, we can talk about my teeth then if you want =)

Your sure you know as much as me? think about how cocky and ignorant that sounds...just take a minute and think about it. Its because of this lack of maturity, I will not be replying to any of your posts from here on out. Feel free to amuse yourself any way you like.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by lestweforget

Lightning rods is an intresting thought. The only problem with that theory is the pyramids would have to be older than the 4500 year time stampt on them. About 12k +/- years ago North Africa was temprate with normal rain fall and 3 massive fresh water lakes.

4500 years ago is still desert, which means very little precipitation / lightning occuring.

Some of the theories I have seen links the capstones to energy sources from antiquity. Supposedly a pyramid was found in the Atlantic Ocean that had a capstone intact on it.. Created a green glow under the cean.

Either way, a good mystery to continue looking into.

I also favor the "energy souce" theory...where did you read about that glowing underwater pyramid? I would love to look at that material...

---GeminiSky

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

"Lightning rods"??

Seen those notions before, but always left me scratching my head...

....where do these "lightning rod" people get the idea that granite and stone conduct electricity? I mean, sure....IF you wish to attract lightning, to direct it to ground and eliminate its danger, so that it won't strike your grass hut, well....but to somehow harness it for power? Heck, we don't do that, even today! (Ben Franklin....nah, I think that's a kid's story...the key and all).

And, as you mention....not a whole heck of a of of thunderstorms, usually, that part of the world....even the last several thousand years. AND, this presumes that those ancients knew about electricity at all!!

Far fetched, seems.....

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
The capstone was removed because it was made of gold. The outer casings of the pyramids were removed so that they could be used to build homes and other buildings. Many of the old districts of Cairo were built using the original casing stones of the pyramids.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I believe the gold capstone along with the smooth white limestone walls were purely for aesthetics and what a beautiful sight it would have been complete.
Something that has always facinated me relating to the great pyramid is deep inside. After entering and progressing slowly downward you soon come to a fork, one leading up to the kings chamber as i recall and one leading down to a lower chamber. It is this room with a pit, bottomless (apparently) in its centre that has always intrigued me, why is it there and what purpose did it serve?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
IF there were ever a capstone on the Giza pyramid... i read it would be 28 foot tall

now that size and mass of granite would be extremely prohibitive to set in place
let alone to gold-leaf the whole surface....

my theory is probably what others have already speculated, that the capstone was
never made...because the capstone would need to have been inscribed with
the builders' signature just like known artifacts of Pyramidion....
en.wikipedia.org...

The great pyramid is waiting for the return of the Egyptian Hermes,
to complete the structure....

related info:

The Great Pyramid of Giza - The Cornerstone

Usually, the cornerstone is at the foundation of a building; however, with a pyramid, the cornerstone is at the top -- the “capstone.”

Today, it’s very interesting to note that the Great Pyramid of Giza has no capstone. In fact, there’s no historical record of any capstone ever being seen on the Great Pyramid. ...”

www.gizapyramid.com...

Was the great pyramid always without a capstone or was it stolen, destroyed, etc?
No one knows but the accounts of visitors to the pyramid from the ancient past (as far back as the time of Christ) always reported that the pyramid lacked a capstone.
~It is possible that it was never finished.~
Another possibility is that capstones were sometimes made of gold and maybe the first thing looted. The only problem is that this would be a very large capstone. If you climbed to the top, you could walk around very freely on the pyramid as many have done. It is about 30 feet in each direction. Thus, this capstone would have been huge and weighed a tremendous amount.

Also on the summit you would see something that looks like a mast or flagpole. Actually it was placed there by two astronomers in 1874 to show where the Pyramid's actual apex would have been if finished.

www.allaboutpopularissues.org...

so, there you have it, the 'tripod' was not surveyors equipment...and is not a lightning rod
the capstone or whatever could NOT have been Gold or even gold leafed...
the 30 square foot platform at the top probably never had a capstone
no modern govt (or even Napoleon) removed any capstone
edit on 1-2-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeminiSky

What is the device that has been placed where the capstone USED to be??

Have at it.

---GeminiSky
edit on 31-1-2011 by GeminiSky because: (no reason given)

A pyramidion (pl. pyramidia) is the uppermost piece or capstone of an Egyptian pyramid in archaeological parlance.[1] They were called benbenet in the Ancient Egyptian language,[2] which associated the pyramid as a whole with the sacred benben stone.[3] In Egypt's Old Kingdom, pyramidions were generally made of diorite, granite, or fine limestone, which were then covered in gold or electrum;

Good question

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Old version harmonics technology-Modern Haarp type

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

What is the device that has been placed where the capstone USED to be??

Have at it.

---GeminiSky
edit on 31-1-2011 by GeminiSky because: (no reason given)

A pyramidion (pl. pyramidia) is the uppermost piece or capstone of an Egyptian pyramid ...

i think GeminiSky is asking about the 'tripod' that was placed there...
which is answered in my post just above your reply...
the device placed there was installed in 1874 by two astronomers to represent
where the Apex would be if there were ever a capstone in place

thanks

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I suspect once the Pyramids were no longer needed as nuclear reactors, the ancient aliens dismantled them, to the degree they would no longer work. So, if a capstone was an intregal part, then it would have been taken, especially if it was gold, as the ancient aliens were taking gold from the Earth anyway.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Sorry, this might have been mentioned.. I didnt make it all the way through..

There' no historical record of any capstone ever being seen on the great pyramid even.. Now you have to think of how large this pyramid is, even on top you are talking about a 30 foot area.. Can you imagine the size and weight of that stone? Good chance it was never done, even reports of the great pyramid as far back as the time of Christ mention the great pyramid lacking a cap stone...

The device you mentioned on top is to show where the Pyramid's actual apex would have been if finished.

::Edit:: Damn, beat by St Udio!!
edit on 1-2-2011 by ShogunAssassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by quantum_flux
the best conductors are ceramic superconductors. Have you any images of the pyramids with their capstones off?

It seem indeed that the caps have been removed ... its pretty hard to notice but now that we know

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/652dbe4a79eb.png[/atsimg]

the pyramids caps are similar to what we have on a generator ... the starter

edit on 2/1/2011 by Ben81 because: S&F

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris811

ok sorry, but serious, if they were put up there without aircraft, then they don't need aircraft to be taken down, which they've been missing for ages.

No one knows how the pyramids were constructed. You don't know what was used in construction thousands of years ago...they may very well have used some sort of aircraft....no one knows at this point.

Kind Regards
GeminiSky

For the construction part ... this thread might interest you

Pyramids, Baalbek, Stonehenge, Sacsayhuamán...How was it done ? .. Answer: Alien tech

They had some sort of device that can melt rock and manipulate the gravity around big object

Ok those device were taken back ... but our encestor build these huge monument with the help of beings not from this earth

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Actualy those tri-pods look like the tripods they use to go down vents and shafts. But I don't know if teere is an actual hole up there though.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Granted that the Capstones may not have been seen since "recorded" history.

However, I dont buy the notion that it was NEVER there. For starters the pyramids may be ALOT older than traditional science would have us believe.

To think that the capstone was never finished, simply because it would be too heavy is just silly in my opinion. How about the rest of the pyramid? All consisting of huge, incredibly heavy blocks.......just think about it...Whoever built this pyramid was able to construct 99% of it, and simply stopped because it was too hard to put that final stone on top?

Not buying that.

---GeminiSky

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Huge stones no where near the size the capstone would be....

Now, what is silly is you are willing to assume that the capstone is the key to some ancient machine with no proof but not willing to assume it was never there when we know it was reported that long ago missing... You have a story you want to believe already, nothing else will matter.

Sorry, but i get slightly annoyed when people go sooo much on speculaiton and then deny fact.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShogunAssassins

Huge stones no where near the size the capstone would be....

Now, what is silly is you are willing to assume that the capstone is the key to some ancient machine with no proof but not willing to assume it was never there when we know it was reported that long ago missing... You have a story you want to believe already, nothing else will matter.

Sorry, but i get slightly annoyed when people go sooo much on speculaiton and then deny fact.

First off I didn't assume anything, I simply have a theory that the pyramids had a specific purpose, that may have been deactivated by the removal of the capstones. A theory is just that....no one knows how and why they were constructed.

I am by far not a closed minded person, so im not sure why you are classifying me as such.

You say I ignore the facts? What facts are you referring to? What facts are really known about the pyramid besides the sizes and weights of the stones?

And yea anyone who was able to construct 99% of the pyramids, in theory should have had NO problem putting that final stone on top.

Your annoyed that someone has a different viewpoint that yourself? Maybe you should find another thread to peruse, because at this point you just sound silly.

---GeminiSky
edit on 1-2-2011 by GeminiSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
well i would say the time the original Egyptian kingdom fell then either poor people or invading army syole cap stones if they where made of valuable materiel and if it was an army it would have been fairly easy to bust capstones up into more manageable size it also explains why nothing was found in great pyramid invading army probably wiped inside clean of hieroglyphics like muslims did to buddhists temples as they rolled thru parts of asia

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
You know....the other thing that has always interested me is that the pyramids on the dollar bill also have their capstones removed and hovering above the rest of the pyramid.....Could this be something symbolic in relation to the actual pyramids missing their capstones as well?

--GeminiSky

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

If you research carefully, you will see the government didnt remove them, and it wasnt in any recent times or century. Historical research provides indicators as to where and when they went missing..and if they were even there in the 1st place. And it sure wasnt yesterday...or the last century...or the one before that...etc.

Read up on pyramids and the Pharaohs and some of the earlier dynasties.The capstones are well documented, and whether they were or were not ever there...and possibly where they went to.

There is great detail, but rather than mis-quote it, I'd just suggest some basic research on one's own.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join