It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are the Pyramids of Giza missing their Capstones?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by GeminiSky

Yup, he climbed it because he thought it would be cool to do i suppose. I would too if the opportunity allowed (they don't let anyone up there anymore sadly). He went to the top and he said it took a lot longer than he thought it would and he was pretty tired when he got there.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Why don't you just do some genuine research instead of making up silly stories? Not only is it lazy, it's completely disingenuous. It's what children do!

IRM

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Simple, Thieves that steal everything. Same Bile different day.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

link   
reply to post by 3finjo

Thats crazy, getting down must have been fun

link   
I heard that they were stolen long time ago and they were made out of gold. My theory of the function of the pyramids came from a "dream" and it showed me electricity being collected from the top and the energy stored in the stones and they would glow, that is why they didn't need fire as lamps. The extra energy was collected in some sort of battery made of liquids at the bottom of the pyramid. I'm not sure if it is the truth or not or if there are stones that can collect or be charged with energy or electricity and glow.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if the solid gold capstones are housed somewhere in the Vatican Archives with everything else of significant value regarding human kind.

On a more serious note it would be interesting to hear how you get a capstone off of a pyramid...hmm

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

As someone already posted I believe it is a surveyors tool, the Chinese put something similar on top of Mount Everest several years ago.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by misfitofscience
Also...Whats the best way to keep a secret?

Create and even bigger one and let the cat out of the bag.

So....did you all know that the Egyptian Government has completely blocked off all access to the pyramids during this whole Egyptian battle?

What for? What reasons do they have to block off the biggest attraction to tourists in the world?

Probably so looting rioters don't decide to go grave robbing or generally destroying stuff; which is something that has been happening there. Given the situation I don't fault the Egyptian government from protecting their #1 tourist asset especially since it is the number one tourist asset; and since all the tourists are leaving via charter flights back to their own country--I think that's an answer for the conspiracy.

The capstones thing is interesting however. I hope that the new regime will let people study and dig more than the previous one did; I don't doubt that there's some type of "Hall of Records" or something strange under the pyramids or the Sphinx but we need to find out what it is.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
What is missing from the top of the pyramids is what was most sought by a number of governments around the world, as a symbol of their connection to the Ancients. The pyramids did use resonance, but to get the thing working properly, it needed a resonant cap. I have a couple of models available at:

www3.telus.net...
www3.telus.net...

These are to scale, and the base of the needles fits the top of the pyramid exactly. Coincidence?
The needles are made from one solid piece, so how they were put up and taken down certainly
does pose a problem, without the knowledge of the Ancients.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
www.pbs.org...
That explains the tripod. The first link also states that there are names carved at the top by visitors and some are centuries old so the capstone has been missing for quite some time.
and
www.cheops-pyramide.ch...
is a good explaination for how the capstone was placed. The second link also has some interesting information on the pyramids construction and related things too.
edit on 31-1-2011 by Wardwolf because: added info about link

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris811

the only way to REMOVE is by aircraft? are you retarded? how did they put them on there BEFORE we aircraft?
god some people need to think before sounding all cocky and retarded. if they were able to get them on there without aircraft, then they can get them off without aircraft.

I would think that they were removed with an aircraft, and then replaced with the tripod looking devices.

There is really no reason to use that kind of language, you will see that ATS is a mature community, with awesome threads and members...maybe a read of the T&C of ATS would guide you in making more mature posts. Wish you all the best friend.

--GeminiSky

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wardwolf
www.pbs.org...
That explains the tripod.
and
www.cheops-pyramide.ch...
is a good explaination for how the cap stone was placed. The second link also has some interesting information on the pyramids construction and related things too.

That PBS link is AWESOME, thanks alot. It seems that not only the capstone but also a few feet of stones below it were removed....

If that wooden tripod represents the original height.....how would that form a perfect pyramid? Seems like it was higher than that tripod suggests...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

ok sorry, but serious, if they were put up there without aircraft, then they don't need aircraft to be taken down, which they've been missing for ages.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by GaryN
What is missing from the top of the pyramids is what was most sought by a number of governments around the world, as a symbol of their connection to the Ancients. The pyramids did use resonance, but to get the thing working properly, it needed a resonant cap. I have a couple of models available at:

www3.telus.net...
www3.telus.net...

These are to scale, and the base of the needles fits the top of the pyramid exactly. Coincidence?
The needles are made from one solid piece, so how they were put up and taken down certainly
does pose a problem, without the knowledge of the Ancients.

That top part looks exactly like an obelisk....very interesting to say the least.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

You are quite welcome! The view from the top is amazing! I can't help but wonder what is under all that sand.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris811

ok sorry, but serious, if they were put up there without aircraft, then they don't need aircraft to be taken down, which they've been missing for ages.

No one knows how the pyramids were constructed. You don't know what was used in construction thousands of years ago...they may very well have used some sort of aircraft....no one knows at this point.

But to watch a discovery special on the pyramids showing ropes and logs being used to build it, then come on here as a new member and call someone cocky and retarded because you don't agree with their views is disrespectful and ignorant.

I am far from cocky or retarded, I feel that ive contributed a decent amount to the community here, and even tho some may not agree with my threads, they have never resorted to 2nd grade name calling.

My guess is if you grew up in Brooklyn like I did, you would be a little more cautious in talking to complete strangers that way. (if you enjoy having all your teeth)

Kind Regards
GeminiSky

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Wardwolf

That second link tho is pure speculation. Nobody knows how they were built. Using ropes strung over the top of the pyramid and pulling up the capstone that was incredibly heavy all the way to the top?

IMHO I just dont think thats how it was done....

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

doesnt matter where you grew up, and i'm sure that i've read just as much as you and seen just as much as you. i have my own idea's about the construction of them. and i've never said anything about logs and ropes and what not.

i'll be up in nyc in march, we can talk about my teeth then if you want =)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

Lightning rods is an intresting thought. The only problem with that theory is the pyramids would have to be older than the 4500 year time stampt on them. About 12k +/- years ago North Africa was temprate with normal rain fall and 3 massive fresh water lakes.

4500 years ago is still desert, which means very little precipitation / lightning occuring.

Some of the theories I have seen links the capstones to energy sources from antiquity. Supposedly a pyramid was found in the Atlantic Ocean that had a capstone intact on it.. Created a green glow under the cean.

Either way, a good mystery to continue looking into.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join