It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are the Pyramids of Giza missing their Capstones?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
So this is something I've wondered about quite frequently...Why are the capstones missing from the Great pyramids of Giza?

It seems that the Egyptian govt removed the capstones, and replaced them with some sort of "tripod" like device....

If the Pyramids were some sort of energy generators, or portal activators, or ascension systems, then would taking off the capstone essentially shut them OFF?

What is the device that has been placed where the capstone USED to be??

Have at it.

---GeminiSky
edit on 31-1-2011 by GeminiSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
i think its a surveyor tripod
so they can get exact measurements for things
also they can tell if it settles back forth left right
thats my guess

also i dont think the Egyptian government removed the cap stones - i think they have been missing for a long long time
edit on 31-1-2011 by Dyax- because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2011 by Dyax- because: typos

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by GeminiSky

Gold was stolen.

Gold best conductor.

Sun's energy.

Gold has been lost in translation since the deluge.

Peace

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

The pyramids arnt just missing their capstones, the great pyramid is missing its original entire coating. What makes you think the Egyptian government removed the capstones?

As far as the metal tripods you mention i have not seen them but a guess would be lightning rods possibly.

The only ascension related to pyramids i have heard of is in the afterlife, a spiritual ascension.

Can i retract the lightning rod guess?
edit on 31-1-2011 by lestweforget because: retraction

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

Silver is actually better than gold, but that's irrelevant. My guess is that the capstones were made of valuable material. When did the Egyptian government take them off? I thought the capstones have been off for decades if not centuries.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Dyax-

How the hell do you get all the way up the pyramid and remove the capstone? The only way would be via helicopter crane or something similar....thats why I think the capstones were removed in modern times.....Anyone have a better idea as to how/why and when these were removed?

---GeminiSky

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I think the original capstones were made of solid gold, so they were probably stolen for loot. I like the resonation thing though. Its a shame that we couldn't see the pyramids as they were originally built and see them used for the purposes for which they were built - it would answer a lot of questions i have thats for sure. I know the outer layer was limestone and that was used to build much of cairo many years ago.

What are your theories on the resonation idea? What do you think the pyramids are for? I don't think they are tombs, but surely if they were designed for any type of resonation then they would be largely hollow as opposed to mostly solid but with a few chambers and passages/shafts? I have no clue as to their original use but I am convinced that they were not built 4000-5000 years ago, more like 10000-11000 years ago and that the notion of them being built using earthen ramps is ludicrous to me. Perhaps they were built to lay dormant and the real use will become apparent in the future? Who knows.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

The pyramids, and many other ancient monuments have been plundered over the centuries.

The Great Pyramid was originally faced with with limestone....not as they appear now, centuries later. The outer coverings were pried off, as well as anything else of value that could be carried off.

Look into history of the "Valley of the Kings" (and Queens, lesser extent) and why the tombs needed to be hidden so carefully, and cleverly......

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

I dont really know if it was the Egyptian govt that removed them, but as Ive mentioned....they most likely were removed via aircraft, and is stands to reason that the tripod devises were placed on top after the removal?

--GeminiSky

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeminiSky
reply to post by Dyax-

How the hell do you get all the way up the pyramid and remove the capstone? The only way would be via helicopter crane or something similar....thats why I think the capstones were removed in modern times.....Anyone have a better idea as to how/why and when these were removed?

Somehow you don't question how these objects were PLACED on top of these structures, which would be more difficult.

Anyhow, if you are presented with an opportunity to get a ton of gold, you'll find a way

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Should they have capstones? I feel that the pyramid of Giza is the authentic one for a purpose. Only a feeling, lol. Noone actually knows,if they originally had capstones and some think the capstone isn't material, but a spiritual level or journey to enlightenment. I found this link that might help you. I think there is a reference in the bible referring to the missing capstone as the christ that the builders rejected, but became a cornerstone. I'm not sure what is meant by that. A cornerstone would be a part of a square and not the top of the pyramid.
www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

If they were removed before the rest of the limestone casing then they could have been prised off then slid down the smooth side of the pyramid. Thats how I would do it. And get someone you hate to stand at the bottom to catch it

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Ah WW, How I cherish every occasion on which you choose to grace my threads with your presence..

Granted, the pyramids were plundered and stripped of their limestone....but if you look at the great pyramid, the uppermost part still has the limestone covering or something additional up there that was stripped from the lower levels...This makes me think that the "plunderers" were unable to strip the upper most levels of the pyramid because it was simply too high up...So using that logic, it would be extremely difficult to get at that capstone.....

Although if it was solid gold like some say, that may have been motivation enough for people to brave those heights....still why hasn't the uppermost part of the pyramid been stripped of material like the lower levels?

--GeminiSky

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

They have, dude. The entire outer casing was stripped off. It was white limestone and would have looked amazing. What is left is the underlying stonework, in places that is smoother than in others. Pity my grandfather isn't still alive - he climbed the great pyramid in WW2 so he could say if the capstone was still there then but i agree with the others who say it was removed many many years ago.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Im guessing looters took the tops. The great pyramids were originally covered in a polished white limestone. The top was thought to have been covered in a thin layer of gold at one time, some even say that they were never finished but nobody knows for sure, some greedy assholes made sure of that.
edit on 31-1-2011 by DevilDog0311 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
The very top of one pyramid has been removed to my knowledge.

If you download a TV show called....IDIOT ABROAD - The Egypt episode...You will see the "Hats off" top replaced with a tripod looking thing, I have been pondering this same question for quite some time, have researched and found nothing.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Still I cant help but wonder if the Pyramids as they are now are "Broken" without the capstones and are not serving their intended purpose.....

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 3finjo

Why did he climb it? did he go all the way up?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
the best conductors are ceramic superconductors. Have you any images of the pyramids with their capstones off?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Also...Whats the best way to keep a secret?

Create and even bigger one and let the cat out of the bag.

So....did you all know that the Egyptian Government has completely blocked off all access to the pyramids during this whole Egyptian battle?

What for? What reasons do they have to block off the biggest attraction to tourists in the world?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join