It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Theory of How It All Began... Religion and Hierarchy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Hi people,

I was procrastinating on YouTube as I always do and came across this video that grabbed my attention. I don't completely agree with it but it does present a very interesting case. And it contains the epic Matrix music!

It discusses how the minority gained control of the majority in the early civilizations and left their mark throughout history.

Apologies if this video has already been discussed.

Enjoy!

edit on 31-1-2011 by NeverAcquiesce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NeverAcquiesce

Couldn't sum it up? I'm off to bed, can you sum it up?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

It would be better if you would say wha the vid is even about

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Religion also could of been created from psychedelics and the psilocybe mushrooms

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Theonlywoody

aka "looney bread" from the middle ages

when a certain type of rye moulds, it naturally produces '___'\

I'm much more in line with the Sun Worship theories.......you have to think back to mankind before speech and writing....

We had our eyes, and we had the sensation of warmth on our skin from the Sun

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Makes sense.
But I do not think you can explain the phenomena of hierarchy with just systematic deception. I am an Anarchist myself but I know it is much more complex than that.

At first there is the factor of violence which is able to establish hierarchy pretty far.
Mix in social structures and you will soon arrive at tribalism and in uncivilized societies servant classes. (Those who have lost the war)

Your argument is very valid for civilized societies though. However I do not think we were ever civilized since most people are unable to function in Anarchy. It remains a localized phenomena which occurs when otherwise occult knowledge is immediately shared and applied after discovery. Hierarchy appears once documentation of the knowledge is lost or it is just simply forgotten or withheld from alien populations.

Oops .. I think I just validated the theory without the intention to do so...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
My apologies people, I was half asleep when I posted it.

Quick Summary...

It states that in the earliest civilizations there were a select few who managed to work out when there would be a solar eclipse. They used this knowledge to get what they wanted from those who did not know that there would be an eclipse... eg "Worship us or the sun will disappear tomorrow". No one would believe this but when it actually happened, people became fearful and started to follow these few individuals.

The video then expands on this theory and links it to symbols of the occult suggesting that these early people were, and have always been, the illuminati.

Hope that helps.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kybertech

At first there is the factor of violence which is able to establish hierarchy pretty far.
Mix in social structures and you will soon arrive at tribalism and in uncivilized societies servant classes. (Those who have lost the war)

Very true, I didn't think about servant classes. Like the captives of war who became slaves which occurred in the 'civilized' societies too. I think the argument that is being made in the video is about how the minority got control of the majority by being very 'sneaky sneaky'
. Nevertheless you are right, war brings hierarchy very quickly but it's a very blatant event and often leaves traces history.

However, I believe that there is, and always has been, a natural hierarchy even in nature, for example dogs always have a pack leader and gorillas have the silverback males who are the dominant leaders...

The theory in the video has some holes but I still think it is a very interesting concept.

The part that intrigues me is the definition of the word 'Occult'.

Occult:-
(1) eclipse: cause an eclipse of (a celestial body) by intervention; "The Sun eclipses the moon"
(2) supernatural: supernatural forces and events and beings collectively
(3) The word occult comes from the Latin word 'occultus' (clandestine, hidden, secret), referring to "knowledge of the hidden"

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Yes the things embedded in language are very interesting in that fashion.
There is justified authority and unjustified authority. The English language is very limited in its usage.
In German for example 'Macht' is never substituted for 'Autorität'. This is something Orwell wrote about.

Natural hierarchy is mainly justified. The alpha animal always is the one responsible for supplying food, leading the hunt, and so on. The factor of violence remains so it is not fully justified authority in an anarchistic sense.
But animals are not civilized... and this is the major difference.

Also notice the change of use: The substitution of 'human' for 'Man' in today's literature.
This implies Man as the human race as just a different kind of animal. The Elite however still use Man for themselves in their writings.
Seems very sinister to me....
edit on 1-2-2011 by kybertech because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kybertech

I'm a big fan of Orwell but haven't come across the substitution of words you mentioned. Sounds interesting... What was it about?

Yes you are correct, we are civilized and animals are not. But have we always been civilized? It's a question of when that transition occurred, and whether the eclipse had anything to do with it.

The appearance of the Oroborus throughout history is also pretty strange... the fact that these supposedly unconnected cultures had this symbol in common.

Another video made by the same guy is just as crazy... He says that NASA have been sending satellites to Jupiter's Moons for study, and once they are no longer needed they crash it into Jupiter. Apparently, there is radioactive material on these satellites, and if there is a successful crash Jupiter would ignite because it is a ball of gas. This would mean we would have two suns!

I'm sure that there are many scientific holes in that theory too. I'm sure he called it the Lucifer Project.

It would make an interesting movie, though...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

You've got have read about Newspeak, it's all over 1984. The premise is to limit the language so it becomes impossible to express certain thoughts. Imo this is generally true for every language, and it works both ways. The richer a language becomes the more use there is for it.

I've watched the other video you recommended.
I have to say it is really worse than the one this topic is about.

There are several issues with it and I find it very manipulative and irrational. I could look besides the unrelated contend but the issues with the claims still remain. The video above is nearly self evident and logical in itself but the 'second sun' video would really needed more sources.
It might be possible that some persons at the top of the hierarchy have wet dreams that may sound just like that, but there is no rational way they could obtain this goal with current technology. I also have a somewhat solid opinion on what possible level some proposed secret technology might be like. Namely not that much difference if any.
Lets just say science is not really the thing of the powerful

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I just had a striking Idea and thought I'd share that here before my mind moves on...

As the current sociological and economical trend goes it looks like we are heading towards global unified hierarchy and a carbon currency. The PTB choose the most fundamental resource to us.

I suggest doing to them what they are trying to do to us. Using their most basic resource as means of trade.
It is power and thus authority.

My suggestion is to establish a system where places in a hierarchy are granted on the basis of trade of services and production. Grants are spent when consumption occurs. Depending on the law of the nation you live in you might want to add real power to the currency mix as well. In the form of arms and other self defence equipment.

I have not figured out a suitable math. construct yet, maybe something based on fuzzy logic. I'll keep you updated on my thoughts, Feel free to add yours.

Take care

edit on 10-2-2011 by kybertech because: (no reason given)

top topics

join