It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Torturers, Jailers, Spies Lead Egypt's 'New' Government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Torturers, Jailers, Spies Lead Egypt's 'New' Government

www.wired.com

New prime minister Ahmed Shafik is a long-time deputy of Mubarak with a reputation for toughness. (Title of a 2005 profile: “With an Iron Fist.”) The new interior minister was the top jailer. And the new vice president is the Middle East’s most powerful intelligence chief. That looks less like the kind of government demanded by the protesters and more like a government designed to crack down on them.

Let’s start with the new internal-security chief, Gen. Mahmoud Wagdy, the former head of prisons. What happens in an Egyptian prison? The U.S. State Department’s annual human rights r
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Sounds almost like what just took place over here in the states with OUR latest regime change.

One set of war criminals and capitulators traded in for another. As we have seen, our latest admin has been nothing more than an extension of the previous one, carrying on virtually all the same policies and criminality verbatim, despite all the lip-service to the contrary.

Hopefully the Egyptian populace can remain steadfast and not allow this same sort of bamboozlement that keeps happening to us happen to them yet again. I do feel that they are not buying dictator Mubarak's BS anymore, and they are fed up with this type of draconian nonsense.

www.wired.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Oh man I could have gone without this news, sounds to me like genocide, starvation, homelessness, abandonment, exile, torture, raids, orphans, gorilla armies of the sick and twisted, roving bands of criminally insane, another Darfur or other such nightmare lower astral realities of hell unleashed on anything which resemble goodness, love and light.

I am sorry that this has happened, if it is happening in the oldest places on the planet, it seems to be making its way around the world from the oldest civilizations leading straight into the modern world.

America and Europe is new compared to them, and what happens to one happens to all because we are a global society really, just cavemen with weapons and misguided rulers.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Please take a look at this thread. I have been doing some work putting these facts together. This is prelude to a Mid East take over by the US that we have been planning for over a decade. I quote US CIA Hawk of the War Party as my only source because the man is one of the most thorough and effective chiefs I have ever seen. He is not only a game player and insider but a shot caller. James Woolsey. He calls out Mubarak. He calls out Saudi Royals. And he calls out the whole Middle East and has been calling these days for over a decade. I provide proof with direct quotes and sources. Not trying to hijack just spread the info around regarding this topic. Very Important if you want to see the high possibilty of World War Soon. Very Soon. Flashpoint Egypt. Political SHock and Awe problably has them shaking in thier burkas. Mullahs, clerics, and Kings, princes whatever. Something happened a few days ago that went quietly away. Except it didn't!!
We are coming for you using your own people.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I wish I could offer hope here, but Islam is fundamentally incompatible with democracy or human rights, unless you think Sharia law is humane. Moreover a fundamentalist Islamic, who takes the Koran literally, necessarily must cede all authority to the religious leader and in particular the grand caliph, should he arise.

Their holy books and prophecy of the Mahdi actually call for an antichrist like dictator who must rule the world and wage warfare against the unbeliever. Thus the poor Muslim is easily swept into the worst sort of tyranny. Even if his gut says something may be wrong with this kind of system, his brainwashing says otherwise.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
From what I've heard, they could very well be trading a jerk for a totalitarian regime that wants to implement a very stringent form of Sharia law. That's by no means what's definitely going to happen, but from what I've seen it's a distinct possibility.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
This is always a possibility when a revolution takes place, those who fight the hardest gets the positions. I hope Egypt can see past the hypocrisy and keep the pressure up until an reasonable solution can be found. Perhaps the army just declare martial law and take the reins until new elections can occur, but that can also have risks if they get too comfortable in the job. There are a few stories around of US backing with the revolution so they would have a new guard ready to step in. The people are amassing and a lot of confusion around, things ain't over till it all settles back down.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Another article on one of Mubarak's wonderful new appointees:

Mubarak’s new deputy linked to CIA rendition program

WASHINGTON — The man named by President Hosni Mubarak as his first ever deputy, Egyptian spy chief Omar Suleiman, reportedly orchestrated the brutal interrogation of terror suspects abducted by the CIA in a secret program condemned by rights groups.

His role in the controversial "war on terror" illustrates the ties that bind the United States and the Egyptian regime, as an unprecedented wave of protests against Mubarak's rule presents Washington with a difficult dilemma.

Full Article:

www.rawstory.com...

Hopefully they will continue defying and at least get SOMEONE in there who isn't a special interest stooge sell-out to them.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Damn these people. Thick as thieves.

Mubarak’s new deputy linked to CIA rendition program

new topics

top topics

join